Hamas to end truce with Israel

Quote:
[size=18]Hamas to end truce with Israel[/size]

The political leader of the Palestinian militant group Hamas has said it will not renew its informal ceasefire with Israel that expires at the end of year.

Khaled Meshaal told a rally in the Syrian capital Damascus his group was preparing for a new round of conflict.

The truce begun in February was based on Israel ending its attacks on Palestinians and releasing prisoners.

[b]Hamas had already said it would pull out of the truce when Israel killed a military leader in November.[/b]

Addressing the crowd at the Yarmouk refugee camp near Damascus, Mr Meshaal said there was no room for a truce.

"I say to our brothers in the [Palestinian] Authority that we are witnessing political stagnation," he said.

"I say it loudly, we will not enter a new truce and our people are preparing for a new round of conflict."

Mr Meshaal was named the organisation's most senior figure after the assassination of Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin in March 2004.

Correspondents say Hamas' politburo, which Mr Meshaal heads, is more hardline and ideological than the group's leadership in Gaza.

[url= News[/url]

Yes I know there are other topics on Israel/Palestine.

anyone heard the hamas nasheed? heard it sumwhere cant remember..

100man[/url]"]

And what outcome would you like to see for Israel/Palestine?

This is a tough question, but a good one. anyone can complain, only a few can suggest a solution.

1. ALL Israeli Settlements must be dismantled, and road blocks, military road blocks etc removed.

2. Right of Return for refugees.

Now I can accept both a one-state solution, aswell as a two state solution.

[b]Two state solution:[/b]

1. All land confiscated since 1967 be returned.

2. Palestinians have total control over their land. Including airspace, and borders. No suedo statehood where the resources/borders/airspace belongs to israel.

3. The right to establish a military force.

4. the control of palestinians resources to be in the hands of the Palestinians.

5. East jerusalem to be the Capital, OR Jerusalem as a whole to be an international city.

[b]One State Solution[/b]

1. ALL settlements removed. All military road blocks removed.

2. Palestinians having the same rights as Israeli Jews.

3. Palestinian refugees ahving the same right of return as the Jewish 'refugees' 'returning' after 2000 years...

4. Equal voting rights.

Neither solution will be acceptable to Israel. In solution 1, Israel loses alot of control. In solution, The jewish population will be out umbered by the Palestinians, and the israelis population will not eb able to accept having less power than those 'Palestinian dogs'.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

the conflict will NEVER end :roll:

i find it quite shocking how Mrs. blair and loads of anti-zionist jews think that suacide bombings in israil are okay :shock: :shock: :shock: The only Muslim i know that seems to think suacide bombings in israil is okay is Raf. i know a few muslims that want israil dismantelled all (with the exception of raf) condemn suacide bombing. If an anti-zionist jew sympathised with suacide bombing nobody wud care but i can just imagine the reaction if a muslim did it.

the news on the islam channel says that the israilies live a 1st world standered of life, but do they all live like that?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Admin" wrote:
[quote="[url="]

And what outcome would you like to see for Israel/Palestine?

This is a tough question, but a good one. anyone can complain, only a few can suggest a solution.

1. ALL Israeli Settlements must be dismantled, and road blocks, military road blocks etc removed.

2. Right of Return for refugees.

Now I can accept both a one-state solution, aswell as a two state solution.

[b]Two state solution:[/b]

1. All land confiscated since 1967 be returned.

2. Palestinians have total control over their land. Including airspace, and borders. No suedo statehood where the resources/borders/airspace belongs to israel.

3. The right to establish a military force.

4. the control of palestinians resources to be in the hands of the Palestinians.

5. East jerusalem to be the Capital, OR Jerusalem as a whole to be an international city.

[b]One State Solution[/b]

1. ALL settlements removed. All military road blocks removed.

2. Palestinians having the same rights as Israeli Jews.

3. Palestinian refugees ahving the same right of return as the Jewish 'refugees' 'returning' after 2000 years...

4. Equal voting rights.

Neither solution will be acceptable to Israel. In solution 1, Israel loses alot of control. In solution, The jewish population will be out umbered by the Palestinians, and the israelis population will not eb able to accept having less power than those 'Palestinian dogs'.[/quote]

From your last paragraph you are not competent to have this conversation.

"Judda" wrote:
the conflict will NEVER end

i find it quite shocking how Mrs. blair and loads of anti-zionist jews think that suacide bombings in israil are okay The only Muslim i know that seems to think suacide bombings in israil is okay is Raf. i know a few muslims that want israil dismantelled all (with the exception of raf) condemn suacide bombing. If an anti-zionist jew sympathised with suacide bombing nobody wud care but i can just imagine the reaction if a muslim did it.

the news on the islam channel says that the israilies live a 1st world standered of life, but do they all live like that?

No, Israel does have poverty, it was just a bunch of propaganda. I have met Muslims who support suicide bombing in Israel so I think you are generalising a bit hopefully, which is a nice way of putting your view over, but also trying to make all Muslims look as nice as you. My experience is that some of even the nicest Muslims have no comprhension of what is at stake, but a head full of bloody propaganda against Israel, and will justify absolutely any amount of villification or attacking against Israel. Look at the way you put your points over, saying first that suicide bombings are not acceptable, asserting then that most Muslims agree with you, and then suggesting it is unfair that meanwhile some non-Muslims 'can' support suicide bombing. I take only the first of your points as having merit. The second is hopeful guesswork and the third is logic that doesn't go anywhere - maybe it serves to legitimise your gripes with non-Muslims, which, discounting your second point, is pretty subverted.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"100man" wrote:

I have met Muslims who support suicide bombing in Israel so I think you are generalising a bit hopefully, which is a nice way of putting your view over, but also trying to make all Muslims [b]look as nice as you.[/b]

Me nice?
Your prolly mistaken me from someone else. Our imams [b]DO[/b] condemn suicide bombing’s in Israel, they would be dead meat if they didn’t. Other then Raf I [i]honestly[/i] have never heard any other Muslim say that Suicide bombing in Israil is acceptable…

"100man" wrote:

My experience is that some of even the nicest Muslims have no comprhension of what is at stake, but a head full of bloody propaganda against Israel, and will justify absolutely any amount of villification or attacking against Israel.

Your experience is not my experience, I know there is quite a bit of propaganda against Israil in the media of Muslim countries but suicide bombing is flat out unacceptable and I have [i]never[/i] seen a group of Muslims big it up. I’ve heard odd people say that they ‘understand’ suicide bombers but NEVER is it encouraged.

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Why am I not competent to discuss this?

Those two solutions are not acceptable to Israel. But I doubt many palestinians will find them (well initially the second, one state one) palatable either.

You asked my view. I gave it. I have put some thought into my answer, and I doubt it can be easily shredded.

There are other 'solutions', but they are not pleasant, even though IMO they are much more likely.

My two solutions above are optimistic. Others have a far larger cost attached by them to either one side or the other.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

BBC News[/url]"][size=18]Hamas wins in West Bank elections[/size]

[b]Palestinian militant group Hamas has won a sweeping victory in municipal elections in the West Bank.[/b]

The Palestinian electoral commission said that in the biggest city, Nablus, Hamas took 73% of the vote, while the mainstream Fatah organisation took 13%.

Nablus has traditionally been seen as a Fatah stronghold, but the party appears to have been damaged by current splits.

On Wednesday, Marwan Barghouti split from Fatah to form a rival faction for elections in late January.

Barghouti is serving five life terms in an Israeli prison for ordering militant attacks.

[b]Indicator of support[/b]

This week's poll is viewed as an important indicator for elections to the Palestinian parliament scheduled for 25 January 2006.

Partial results suggest Hamas has taken control of the councils in Nablus, the most populous West Bank city, and al-Bireh, a large suburb of Ramallah.

In Jenin, Hamas won seven seats on the council to Fatah's six seats.

In Ramallah, the West Bank's commercial centre, Fatah won six seats on the council, while the radical Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine also won six and Hamas three.

Full and final results were expected by the end of the week.

[b]Israeli warnings[/b]

Hamas' charter commits it to the destruction of Israel, and the group has been responsible for most of the suicide attacks inside Israel.

Israeli officials have warned that the peace process will end if the group becomes the dominant Palestinian political party.

Late on Thursday Israel launched another round of missile strikes on targets in Gaza and Palestinian militants fired Qassam rockets into Israel.

The Israeli army said its missile strike was aimed at roads leading to areas from which militants fire rockets. Palestinian medical sources say that two people were injured.

[url= News[/url]

Why is Hamas always called 'Palestinian militant group', and not 'Palestinian Umbrella group', which it really is. The military is a faction of hamas, not the whole thing.

(and those who play Resident Evil will find the second title far more sinister :evil:)

"100man" wrote:
From your last paragraph you are not competent to have this conversation.

took the easy way out eh 100? :roll:

ur the one who asked to discuss this... and considering how pessimistic Admin is about everyday things :wink:, i think those two options he came up with are actually quite good. no-one else bothered answering ur question in such a straighforward manner.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I would not say I am a pessimist.

I expect the worst, and I get the worst...

I would call that realistic. Blum 3

Anyway, that was old.

100 probably asked the question, because we muslims have a way of arguing, but not actually presenting solutions.

He probably wanted to see if was a raging lunati, or if I could see any solutions.

yeh i know that comment was 'old', but its not settled either - 100 didnt address it...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Quote:
[size=18]Did UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw help sell out Jerusalem? [/size]

EI EXCLUSIVE: Did UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw help sell out Jerusalem?

Ali Abunimah, The Electronic Intifada, 28th November 2005

DOCUMENTS OBTAINED BY EI UNDER FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT: TOP UK OFFICIALS VIOLATED INTERNATIONAL LAW, HELPED BRITISH FIRM PROFIT FROM ISRAELI OCCUPATION OF JERUSALEM WHILE ASSURING PUBLIC OF OPPOSITE. PAPER TRAIL LEADS RIGHT TO FOREIGN SECRETARY JACK STRAW.

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw (right) greets Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom in London on 15 May 2003. (Photo: Foreign and Commonwealth Office).

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw was asked by his officials to personally lobby the Israeli government to award a contract to a British firm which, in breach of international law and long-standing UK policy, extends Israel's administrative and legal structures into Occupied East Jerusalem, an exclusive EI investigation can reveal.

New documents obtained by EI under the UK's Freedom of Information Act (2000) from the Department of Trade and Industry indicate that Straw was asked to back the bid, while UK officials dismissed concerns that the company's work could violate British policy and UN resolutions on the status of Jerusalem. In fact, UK officials have repeatedly and misleadingly reassured the public they would not support any work by firms in Occupied East Jerusalem when the record shows just the opposite.

The active role of British officials in helping the firm secure the contract was first revealed by EI last April.

Under the contract, signed with the Israeli Ministry of Finance on 1 February 2005, Sheffield-based consulting firm A4e established an employment center in Jerusalem and operates programmes as part of the "Israel Works" welfare reform scheme. Israel Works, modeled on a programme in the American state of Wisconsin, is the brainchild of former Israeli Prime Minister and Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. UK support for A4e's bid violates British policy and international law because the UK government, in compliance with UN Security Council resolutions, officially rejects Israel's claim that East Jerusalem is part of Israel. The UK recognizes de facto Israeli sovereignty over West Jerusalem, conquered by Israel in 1948, but the UK officially considers East Jerusalem, conquered by Israel in 1967, to be occupied territory subject to protections of the Fourth Geneva Convention.

In deference to this policy, the British Embassy in Tel Aviv has no jurisdiction over Occupied East Jerusalem and is supposed to undertake no activities there. British interests in the Occupied Territories, including East Jerusalem, are represented by a separate Consulate-General in the Shaykh Jarrah district of East Jerusalem that maintains relations with the Palestinian Authority.

The new documents reveal that in violation of the UK's own policy on Jerusalem, an official at the British Embassy in Tel Aviv emailed A4e executives that with respect to supporting the company's efforts to secure the bid, "We are the post responsible, not the BCG [British Consulate-General] in [East] Jerusalem." In other words, in every respect, British officials in Tel Aviv were treating Occupied East Jerusalem as if it were a part of sovereign Israel.

British officials even moved to quash concerns among A4e executives that the July 2004 International Court of Justice (ICJ) advisory opinion reaffirming the illegality of Israel's occupation and annexation of the eastern part of the city would dampen official support for its bid. UK Ambassador to Israel, Simon McDonald, wrote a "letter of comfort" to a senior A4e executive dated 18 August 2004, assuring the executive, whose name was redacted from the letter by the British government, that, "developments such as the recent advisory opinion by the International Court of Justice on the Israel's Security barrier [sic] and related activity in the UN [...] will not affect our support for British companies who are operating in or would like to work with Israeli businesses or organisations." The letter confirmed that the Embassy "will continue to assist and support A4e's efforts to enter the Israeli market."

British officials apparently attached the highest importance to securing the bid for the UK firm, even drafting in Foreign Secretary Jack Straw. On 23 November 2004, Barry Grossman, the Deputy Director of Trade & Investment at the Tel Aviv Embassy wrote to A4e executives that: "Foreign Secretary Jack Straw is due to visit Israel for a number of high level meetings. We have therefore taken the opportunity to include in his briefing material information about A4e and its bid. We hope that he will raise this issue with Israeli officials." The documents released to EI under the Freedom of Information Act do not indicate whether Straw did actually raise the issue or whether such intervention contributed to the success of the A4e bid.

UK officials have acknowledged that support for A4e's bid would have been improper if the proposed work covered East Jerusalem. On March 23, 2005, Peter Stephenson, the director of the UK Trade and Investment office at the Tel Aviv embassy assured EI that, "We have already advised A4e that, as British Government policy clearly states, we cannot and will not support any work emanating from this winning bid if it covers operations in East Jerusalem and the surrounding settlements that have been annexed to the city by Israel."

The documents obtained by EI indicate that the same assurance was given to other groups expressing concern about UK government support for A4e's bid, including the Sheffield Palestine Solidarity Campaign. The UK government released no documents backing the claims that its officials had warned A4e that they could not support work in East Jerusalem. On the contrary, Ambassador McDonald's letter seems to show that the government went out of its way to assure A4e of its support despite the growing international concern about Israel's efforts to illegally alter the status of Jerusalem.

British officials have remained silent about whether and when they knew that they were assisting A4e to profit from Israel's occupation of East Jerusalem in violation of UK policy. There is no question, however, that from the very start it was obvious that the Israeli government tender on which A4e bid included work in Occupied East Jerusalem and the surrounding settlements. It is implausible that UK officials, especially those in the Tel Aviv Embassy did not know this or would not have suspected it. Their actions raise the question as to whether they knowingly violated UK government policy and international law and then misled the public about it.

The Israeli government tender sought bids for companies to operate pilot projects in four official Israeli administrative regions: Nazareth, Hadera, Ashkelon and Jerusalem. As official Israeli maps clearly show, and decades-long Israeli policy has held, Israel considers the region of Jerusalem to include all of Occupied East Jerusalem and the surrounding settlements including some of the largest of all the West Bank colonies, like Gilo, Har Homa and Ramot.

Nor was Israel trying to conceal the fact that it intended the winning bidder to work in Occupied East Jerusalem. The Israeli Finance Ministry's public affairs office confirmed to EI on 24 March 2005 that the scheme to be operated by A4e "includes neighbourhoods in East Jerusalem." Separately, this was confirmed by Iris Ginsburg, an official in the budget department of the Israeli Finance Ministry.

A4e has also made its intentions to work in Occupied East Jerusalem clear. The Jerusalem Post, based on an interview with A4e CEO Mark Lovell, reported that company executives "intend to open strategically-located satellite offices, allowing comfortable access to the program's services for the city's population groups, two of which - the haredi and Arab sectors - are the populations with the lowest rate of participation in the workforce." ("A British vision of the Wisconsin Plan for Jerusalem," 4 February 2005)

Ironically, the new revelations of official British collaboration with the Israeli occupation of East Jerusalem come as the Israeli government accused the UK Foreign Office of being "unrelentingly pro-Palestinian" (The Guardian, 26 November 2005). The Israeli outburst followed a report in The Guardian that a leaked secret Foreign Office document prepared for EU foreign ministers says Israeli policies are designed to prevent Jerusalem from becoming a Palestinian capital, particularly settlement expansion in and around the city (25 November 2005). The document, which states "Israeli activities in Jerusalem are in violation of both its Roadmap (peace plan) obligations and international law," calls for tougher EU action to counter the Israeli campaign.

According to The Guardian, the secret report was written by UK diplomats at the Consulate-General in Occupied East Jerusalem. Their well-meaning efforts to rein in Israel's aggression face an uphill struggle, not only against other EU governments like Italy's which have sought to neutralize any pressure on Israel, but apparently also from their own colleagues at the British embassy in Tel Aviv who have aided and abetted Israel's occupation of East Jerusalem while helping British firms to make money from it.

Ali Abunimah is a co-founder of The Electronic Intifada.

Israel should be dismantled, anyone supporting a Jewish only Israel should have no citezenship.

Same with anyone suggesting a no-Jews-in-Arabia policy. The jews have had a long history in pre 1800's palestine and are our cousins.

Suicide Bombing is wrong.

Killing isaeli militia needs to be looked at to be fully judged.

killing isreali non military citizens is plain wrong, unless its legitimate one on one.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Be careful with your phrasing Dawud.

At first glance I thought you said 'Israel should be wiped of the face of this earth'.

But you said (I think) 'it should be a state where Palestinians and Israelis live as equals.'

I can understand the sentiment of the first, aswell as the wisdom of the second statement.

Dawud what is your opinion of settlers? They are deliberating subjugating the Palestinian population. Are they innocent or terrorists?

and Israeli citizens between the ages of 18 and 45 are ALL in the military. Either actively, or reservists.

"Admin" wrote:
Be careful with your phrasing Dawud.

At first glance I thought you said 'Israel should be wiped of the face of this earth'.

Dawud what is your opinion of settlers? They are deliberating subjugating the Palestinian population. Are they innocent or terrorists?

Don't forget the new wave of anti zionists israelis springing up. There are some good ones, and no doubt alot people are properly bombarded with propoganda etc.

As long as there are people who push for A Jew only state then they are terrorists. Under international laws and moral law.

As long as people try to get every Jew out of Palestine//Israel same Thing.

The Palestinians work better with Jews by their side, pre-1800's Palestine juxtaposed with the refugee camps and apartheid wall proves this.

As long as they keep terrorists in power (both states) there is potential for damage.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Salam

I have just been reading Ron David's book.

He claims Arabs are not going to rest until they have finished off Israel.

The shocking thing is he seems to agree with this policy !!

Omrow