Assalamu Alaikum

I am from South Africa, and love to hear about some of the challenges faced by the muslims in the UK and the world over. I am pretty sure many of you on this forum are far more knowledgeable than myself, so I am looking forward to learn a lot from you guys.

I hope to challenge as well as be challenged in a constructive way, insha allah we can all benefit from this. Please excuse my ignorance of Islam in certain aspects and feel free to guide me towards the right path.

Jazakallah

Howzit there brother man, what's up in SA? Got any beautiful chicka's there for me??

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Well there's 1 challenge we face in the UK ^ ^. Some brothers just have little control over their desires.

Honestly speaking that is one the biggest challenges we face in the UK. Especially when the sex and beauty is advertised so much across all forms of media. Still there are no excuses, i presume there are similar problems in South Africa aswell.

I cant say that it is difficult to practice Islam in the UK at all but alot of the youth here easily fall into the dunya lifestyle. As for the majority of the elders, they just stick to what they have been taught and are very cultural in their beliefs. Out of the elders who do practice most of them stay in the masajids.

So the responsibility of Dawah has been taken by alot of the youth and this has started to create it's own fitnah. Alhamdulillah alot of the youth have started practicing and there are alot of others who have converted to Islam.

In my opinion the youth don't really know about Islam so they go to anyone who they think has knowledge of it and who can also relate to them. Due to the lack of knowledge there have been alot of muslims who are slighlty being misguided and preaching wrong things about Islam. This has also created division in the UK between alot of groups/sects.

This is all just my opinion though and may Allah (swt) guide me on the straight path and guide us all. Ameen

I also want to know how muslims are all over the world, the best way to find out is to travel and see for yourself insha allah.

Hope i answered your question and insha allah we will benefit from each other in the future. Assalamu alaikum

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

By the way it's not all doom and gloom over here, there are of positive things going on here in the UK such as this website Smile

I was just trying to refer to your interests in the challenges we face, insha allah we will discuss the positives another time as i tend to go on for what seems like years.

@ Original Poster - Salaams.

Do you get Jaffa cakes in SA?

Foysol89 wrote:
Well there's 1 challenge we face in the UK ^ ^. Some brothers just have little control over their desires.

Honestly speaking that is one the biggest challenges we face in the UK.

Yes this is a quinticentially British problem that is not faced elsewhere and never has in the history of mandkind.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Welcome to The Revival Muslimeen! Smile Hope we can help you too Smile

You wrote:

Yes this is a quinticentially British problem that is not faced elsewhere and never has in the history of mandkind.

Foysol wrote:
I presume there are similar problems in South Africa aswell.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I remember reading something a year ago which suggested that Africa had the highest rate of rapes in the world. I may be making that memory up though.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I remember reading something a year ago which suggested that Africa had the highest rate of rapes in the world. I may be making that memory up though.

i heard something like tht as well. but not to rain on ur parade or anything Muslimeen.
and welcome to the revival! Biggrin

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

yes, probably a bad topic to discuss that.

I am sure it has its down sides and its great sides like many other places.

Are there many Muslims in South Africa?

cant believe i just QUOTED admin!!!! i should be BOYCOTTING you!!!!

i almost feel sorry for u....(almost)

You wrote:
@ Original Poster - Salaams.

Do you get Jaffa cakes in SA?

Foysol89 wrote:

Honestly speaking that is one the biggest challenges we face in the UK.

did you even read the rest of my post, i know it was long but i think i made some good points there.

i know it's faced everywhere else too, i'm just saying that it's one of the biggest problems with alot of guys that is all. Wink

its living hell for a muslim in the uk, we are called racist names, beaten & raped by edl thugs!

Muslimeen wrote:
You wrote:

True, we are the crime capital of the world. My father, was in an attempted armed hijacking, my brother was hijacked, I was in an attempted foiled hijacking, pulled out my 9mm and they scrambled for their lives. We had several house break-ins as well. The powers that be are now in the process of disarming the law abiding citizens. Rapes tend to occur more amongst rural blacks, though occassionally during house break ins if you are unlucky enough to be in the house they may rape you wife and daughter in front of the whole family. I'd rather die than and attain martyrdom than watch helplessly.

Crime is a problem here in SA, you never know when that bullet with your name written on it is close by.

woah!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ModerateMuslimsBurnInHellFire wrote:
its living hell for a muslim in the uk, we are called racist names, beaten & raped by edl thugs!

You've been raped? :shock:

English Defence League. great bunch a guys they are! Blum 3

bilan wrote:
English Defence League. great bunch a guys they are! Blum 3

dont be sarcastic.

the english denfence league. not sure what they are trying to defend, coz if all the "non-english" went away. well..what would be left? them and their family? they are pretty racist and ver much so against muslim. you should ignore moderatemuslimblahblahblah... he/she has only been posting hateful things in capital letters. not exceeding one line. I dont even bother, feels like spamming..

welcome FBI. hope you enjoy here. and if you dont, shape it the way you want it inshaAllah (which i see you have done, mashaAllah)

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?