Have I Been Tricked...

After watching the arrivals recently, I have been thinking, "Has Satan tricked me"?

To be honest I think he has. I have been pondering about this satan character, I can't see him, hear him, or touch him. So where the hell is he?????????????

The answer sends a shudder through my body, so where is he, how can he possibly make me evil, if I can't see, hear or touch him??

HE IS IN MY MIND

He controls everything from up there, I watched the arrivals and the mind control tactics of the Zionists and it struck me, if they can do this on a global scale, what can be achieved on an individual basis? If Satan wants me to do anything the only way he can achieve this is by mind control, make me think "I" wanna do it.

I went out with a friend lately, who has been trying to go straight. I see this gorgeous gal and naturally pointed her out thats what guys do, he did'nt look. I was surprised he used to be crazier than me with all these weired sexual ideas and stuff, so I asked him how he did it? howcome he did'nt look, so he replied:

"It's all in the mind mate, don't let him control it, you are in control, he can't make you do anything, control your thoughts and shut him out every time he tells you to do something evil, you will get that much closer to allah."

I was shocked, this guy I knew all my life when the heck did he become so strong willed? It was his desire to get closer to allah and getting well acquainted with the enemy to combat him. I guess it requires a contious effort. I came across this on the web

SATAN

Jazakallah khair for this post.

This has definitely made me think about how weak i can be at times but it has also given me the solution to stay strong in the path of Allah (swt).

As humans it is natural for us to have desires and to want to act on them. It takes a strong willed person with a greater desire to please Allah to not act on these desires.

It is true that the enemies of Allah will plot and plan but Allah also plots and plans and verily Allah is the best of planners.

It's funny how as i read of their plans im seeing on the news people burning the Quran in the US. They are clearly showing these things to anger the muslims, sadly many muslims fall into these traps.

May Allah guide us all, Ameen

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Alhumdullillah!

Good post!

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Tricked? The lesson you might learn is you don't know your arse from your elbow and think all this hate propaganda and paranoia will help. Best of luck!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Tricked? The lesson you might learn is you don't know your arse from your elbow and think all this hate propaganda and paranoia will help. Best of luck!

I get where you're coming from - Well that's if I've understood what you meant - that all these 'messages' etc are influencing us is not true but making us paranoid - making us think that we aren't in control.

(But actually as I write this, Im thinking you can't mean that cuz Jack's post didn't say we aren't in control...I'm gonna carry on writing so you know what I'm thinking and maybe someone can help out...)

But they are subliminal messages and they do affect us, I just don't think we should make our whole life revolved around them, thinking about how they are always stopping us. Instead, know whats right and wrong and realise the things that can have a negative impact on you and try to stop them from doing that. I.e stop thinking the illuminati/govt/zionists/other have your life in their hands and start thinking you can make a change yourself, if you try hard enough.

The other argument is 'but we've grown up thinking that, being told that by family/other adults etc' But that again is leaving your own mind and self-control out of the equation. Yes, it's hard to change the mentality we've been brought up with but if we're always going to think we can't change it and not even try then of course nothings gonna change!

"I think, therefore I am."

-

erm, I did think all of that was relevant...somehow...sorry, Jack, if it's not what you want to discuss...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

but really, Ripper only used the "arrivals" analogy to talk abt the way Shaytaan works from the inside to get to us. Thats as far as the connection goes here i think.

love the article mashaAllah, real food for thought. the story books one was really..wouah... and the nature vs movies. An eyeopener.

Its true that Shaytaan makes us waste time BIG TIME. my teacher was pointing this out to us. we have 24hrs a day, 6/8 to sleep, that leaves us 18/16hrs. then she mentionned 2 hrs for pray, 1/2 hrs for cleaning etc..., 6 hrs for kids = around 8 hours. take out two more hours for "miscellaneous" stuff = 6 hrs. Where did these 6 hrs GO?! these six hours we could be using to strengthen our bond with Allah the Almighty! 6 hrs!. but you know what the Shaytaan does? you see you have half an hour right now for some religious stuff, you think "ah, i need to make more time, this isnt enough etc.." all that htinking and that half and hour is GONE. FOREVER. while you could have been reading a religious book, reading some Quran, revising your surahs, even if its 1/2 an hour. ITS STILL HALF AND HOUR DONE!

i dont know where im going with this.

@ Ripper, start with the basics, read some Quran, a few basics books, Aqeedah, fiqh, maybe even read/watch some convert stories, there really help to refocus me thinks. to remind us of the beauty of Islam. coz we're always on the inside, we lose focus...

may Allah help you.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
but really, Ripper only used the "arrivals" analogy to talk abt the way Shaytaan works from the inside to get to us. Thats as far as the connection goes here i think.

I know.

Oh yeah, I got that shaytaan thing as a forward email once, along with another good one. They are pretty thought-provoking, make you look and judge yourself more.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Joie de Vivre wrote:

I may not know my arse from my elbow, but suddenly things are becoming very clear to me, and for the first time in my life I am beginning to see a gal before I see her arse....

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Thanks Lilly and POS, I appreciate you gals trying to make things a little clearer.

I for one don't entirely believe everything I saw on the arrivals, but one thing for sure that has become very clear to me is that it is a total mind control technique used by satan to lead us away from allah. This is his greatest weapon, how else would he be able to influence you, he can't hold your hand and take you into a night club, but he can sow that curiousity in your mind to make you wanna go there, but what happens if you shut that thought out immediately, he looses you, he looses the power to mislead you...

Jack the Ripper wrote:

I for one don't entirely believe everything I saw on the arrivals, but one thing for sure that has become very clear to me is that it is a total mind control technique used by satan to lead us away from allah. This is his greatest weapon, how else would he be able to influence you, he can't hold your hand and take you into a night club, but he can sow that curiousity in your mind to make you wanna go there, but what happens if you shut that thought out immediately, he looses you, he looses the power to mislead you...

+1 (Y)

Now you're thinking.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Jack the Ripper wrote:
Joie de Vivre wrote:

I may not know my arse from my elbow, but suddenly things are becoming very clear to me, and for the first time in my life I am beginning to see a gal before I see her arse....

Obviously it's a great thing you are learning to respect women. From that you might learn you don't know your arse from your elbow. So I will help you by pointing out The Arrivals is an insular and hostile appraisal of the world and draws on plain old racist antisemitism in its description of Zionist mind control. The truth is there are corporations, politicians, religious nuts like the producers of that film, local movements and troublemakers all over the world and when they are cruel to people it is all much the same cruelty, and The Arrivals is to encourage you to join in. I acknowledge this is my Zionist mind-control at work, I would like to exert enough influence that everyone is kinder not just about the women in their faith but about the people of the world. That movie ain't it.

But the arrivals isn't really about zionistes anyway, more about 'freemasons' and illuminati.

It is BS.

I never said it wasn't! LOL Biggrin

Jack the Ripper wrote:

may allah have mercy on my soul. Ameen

May Allah have mercy on *all* our souls! Ameen!

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Jack the Ripper wrote:
Joie de Vivre wrote:

Obviously it's a great thing you are learning to respect women. From that you might learn you don't know your arse from your elbow. So I will help you by pointing out The Arrivals is an insular and hostile appraisal of the world and draws on plain old racist antisemitism in its description of Zionist mind control. The truth is there are corporations, politicians, religious nuts like the producers of that film, local movements and troublemakers all over the world and when they are cruel to people it is all much the same cruelty, and The Arrivals is to encourage you to join in. I acknowledge this is my Zionist mind-control at work, I would like to exert enough influence that everyone is kinder not just about the women in their faith but about the people of the world. That movie ain't it.

Like u know your arse from your elbow, you're jewish or something right, so you'll find out when you're dead just how well you knew your arse from your elbow...

Well, Jack, I honestly wish the best for you, and hope that you're really on a path of growing enlightenment, and not one that serves to complicate things with endless interpretations. We might and might not see "who was right" Jack but ftr I don't know my arse from my elbow either, I'm just not interested in listening to other people's convoluted calls to hate. The last post you wrote isn't your best. Yes, I'm Jewish, so I won't test my credibility by writing at further length about things that might trick one or cause one to stumble.

can we drop the "arrival" topic and the zionist stuff? cow there has been topics hijacked by this and we DONT need another one. As i pointed out, that arrical thing was just an eye-opener, a metaphor for the way shaytaan controls us (we believe). no need to bang on abt it.. Gosh..

And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." Quran-14:22

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." Quran-14:22

is this to go against my "Shaytaan controls us"?

well..just to clarify, that was a bad choice of word from my part. what i should have said is Shaytaan tempts us.

First thing worth reading you've posted (besides the bit about the Arrivals) so well done.

I've wondered though before; do all bad thoughts and sins come from Satan?
Or do some come from us as individuals meaning we're actually bad people?
And how do you tell the difference?
And is the punishment lessened when it's with Shaytaan's influence?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

i think:

Shaytaan just whispers ideas and stuff. We act/dont act upon it. So i think its ALL from us as individual (our nafs)

because (i reiterate: i think) when you personally, think of doing something (bad) if you go back, the root is some outward influence. i.e: Shaytaan and his partners in crime.

i think.

coz i dont like pondering on my sins and stuff... [shivers]

(I think the first post has been cut off? )

Lilly wrote:
i think:

Shaytaan just whispers ideas and stuff. We act/dont act upon it. So i think its ALL from us as individual (our nafs)

+1

And you're not a bad person just for thinking bad things. It depends on whether you act upon those thoughts or not.

If someone thinks a bad thought and acts upon it, only one bad deed is written. If someone thinks badly and does not act upon it, then a good deed is written.

If a person does something good with a good intention, then they good be given 10-1000+ good deeds.

Alternatively if someone does a good action without the right intention then their good deed may not be recognised.

I'm sure that was linked to what was said above - it made sense in my head...

it does it does, i think.. anyway, i like! good reminder! JazakAllah PofS