Trust In Allah, But Tie Your Camel

Salaam

How much should we trust in Allah (swt)? And how much should we do our bit? And how fatalistic should we be as Muslim?

I know that if I wanted to pass some test I should pray to Allah (swt), revise and then sit the test…that’s “tying your camel”

But sometimes I wonder how much I should “do” and how “fatalistic” I should be..?

Allah (swt) has also said that he “does not change men's condition unless they change their inner selves”.

I remember a reading an article once in the MPAC website titled “The Great Muslim Lie; Sit on Your Backside and Call it Dua”…basically arguing the importance of dua AND action.

Anyway I don’t have much to say on this hadith….but I am interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Wasalaam

I personally think one should have faith in Allah (swt) at all times but also have their own input, many scholars who are at the peak is because they have worked hard in cleansing themselves and gainin knowledge to be what they are today.

Allah doesnt like lazy people who sit there sayin " i wish i was a better muslim" a person has to act to make themselves in to a better Muslim. If you trust Allah (swt) you have to also follow His commandments that He has set for you, where's the trust if you dont follow what He has set for you?

Prayer is just for your sake, so you can get your head straight. Allah doesn't need prayer one way or the other. And action is all the stuff we do. Hoping for dreams to come true doesn't enter into it.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

Salam

" Trust in God but tie your camel first." [ Prophet Muhammad ]

He was giving this advice to some dum Arabs who has lost their camels in a severe sandstorm.

They deliberately failed to tie the animals, and only protected themselves. Then these men came to the Holy Prophet and complained that "Allah did not save their livelihood."

Omrow

to be a good muslims u must [u][b]ALWAYS[/b][/u] remember your creator...

and interpret the Quran from a valid and legitimate source

[b]Was not planning on editing this post, but seeing as you requested....

EDIT

-----ThePhantomMod[/b]

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

I wonder where you got all that from...

submission.org :twisted:

i cant w8 4 da mods 2 edit it :twisted:

i miss ed, where is he!? :x

And how fatalistic should Muslims be?

I've found that my extreme fatalistic approach to certian things makes me so lazy that I take the back seat.

This topic reminds a lil bout Dawud leavin his car unlocked cuz it seemed safe where he was lol

"Angel" wrote:
This topic reminds a lil bout Dawud leavin his car unlocked cuz it seemed safe where he was lol

Just what I was thinking.

All those who are fearful of visiting manchester should take heed in this hadith.

"Trust in God but tie your camel first"

ie, trust in Allah, but carry a baseball bat?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
ie, trust in Allah, but carry a baseball bat?

Tie your camel = lock your car

if it happens, it happens

i rarely tie my camel (lockin car is different, im talkin in the general sense of what the Hadith is trying to imply)

im fatalastic........only now n then i do wat i gotta, but i always think - it was supposed 2 happen, or whatever happens, happens

simple to me

i.e. not done my work. turn up - if i have to face consequences - then i do. if i dont, lucky me.

so i dont do my work Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Good to see I am not alone.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I was reading this thread yesterday from the old forum

[url= Perfect Plan >> Nature's Plan [/url]

Which is broadly on the same subject and it is a very interesting discussion. It is probably one of the main reason the Ummah is like it is currently as well. Because it seem alot of muslims suffer from this same problem

I know this is something i am guilty of as well. I do Dua and expect everything to be given right to me without me putting much effort in and then I m not surprise when I don't get what i want. The thing that worry me most is why i continue with the same cycle. Is it a lack of faith in Allah swt or a lack of faith in myself. I hope it the second one, but I do sometime wonder. Because i feel that some of my aim can be achieved, maybe it the fear of rejection that cause me not to try as hard as i should.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
I do Dua and expect everything to be given right to me without me putting much effort in and then I m not surprise when I don't get what i want. .

I do dua and also expect stuff to fall from the sky, but the reason why I don't always make the effort is becuase I'm not always sure whether what I asked for is good for me.

If that makes sense :?

I do extremly lack trust in myself. Only because in the past I have been proven wrong many times.

I have the best avieter on the forum Dirol goes well wid the title of the thread and my background Dirol

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
I do Dua and expect everything to be given right to me without me putting much effort in and then I m not surprise when I don't get what i want. .

I do dua and also expect stuff to fall from the sky, but the reason why I don't always make the effort is becuase I'm not always sure whether what I asked for is good for me.

If that makes sense :?

I do extremly lack trust in myself. Only because in the past I have been proven wrong many times.

Yeah it true, it funny how i can easily looking at other people problems and see what they have too do to acheive what they want, but if the same problem is facing me, i hestitate for some reason. I sometime would prefer other to make decisions for me, so i don't need to take responsibility for them, i guess that does come to a lack of trust in oneself. I hate it being the case, but it is.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

I'm like that too. Like sometimes when I have Car A and Car B in front of me...I make a pro's and con's list, compare prices, do dua etc...but I still can't trust myself to decide. ....I'm worried about making the wrong decision.

I can't be asked with the headache so I decide to dismiss them both.

Salam

God wants us to carry an umbrella when going out in a storm.

But He wants us to not worry about Him striking us with a bolt of lightning.

Hence, the Islamic position can be summed up into:

Buy an umbrella and leave the rest to God.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

But how does one decide which Umbrella to buy?

Salam

Don't be silly muslim sister.

Buying a good umbrella is so easy:

One can go into a shop and ask the assistant if he has got a big one. And if he would give a demonstration.

Omrow

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

But how does one decide which Umbrella to buy?

You used the method that you always have when coming to a decision I guess. Omrow right in a way, you can spend so much time choosing, that after a while you get used to the rain and it has no impact on u and it seem normal, but at the same time you open urslef to the elements. You can only appreciate the Umbrella, when you finally have it. In life in general decision have always got to be made, whether we like them or not, it just the decision get harder with time. This is where our faith in Allah swt become more important.

[url=http//

guys pls dont talk in code

I dont get it :?:

I'm not feeling well these days either-so I'm not as sharp as I normally am Cray 2

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
guys pls dont talk in code

I dont get it :?:

I'm not feeling well these days either-so I'm not as sharp as I normally am Cray 2

I got a headache trying to work out what everyone applying, but i think i kind of understand what everyone is on about :?

[url=http//

I'm sure everyone above ^^^ trusts themselves more then they trust others

so obvioulsy its better to make ur own decision then get someone else to make a decision for u

The topic of this thread isn't umbrellas and code and headaches, it is about how much you should stop moaning and do actual stuff in real life and how often you should click your heels together and say, 'there's no place like home' or rub magic lanterns or have hope etc., and the answer, which Muslim Sister very kindly provided before she even asked the question, is to trust in Allah but tie your camel.

"100man" wrote:
The topic of this thread isn't umbrellas and code and headaches, it is about how much you should stop moaning and do actual stuff in real life and how often you should click your heels together and say, 'there's no place like home' or rub magic lanterns or have hope etc., and the answer, which Muslim Sister very kindly provided before she even asked the question, is to trust in Allah but tie your camel.

thanks for that 100man

ur a meanie these days

but ur explanation was very helpful

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
thanks for that 100man

ur a meanie these days

You're welcome.

I'm not a meanie, I just look like one sometimes which is fine.

everybodys given great answers but what does it mean to be fatalistic?

and isnt this the opposite of hope which means that being fatalistic is against islam?

isnt there an hadith that deals with always being hopeful of Allah's mercy and never giving up hope

Hope and intent are not related. I'd like to add that I was refering to intent. I hope that was understood.

Pages