Young Muslim Writers Awards

Young inspiring writers from around the country are once again invited to submit creative, interesting and original entries to the Young Muslim Writer's Awards

The deadline for receiving entries is on Monday 7th of March 2011

The judges will announce the winners for each category at a prestigious, invitation-only presentation ceremony to be held at the Institute of English Studies, University of London in June 2011.

Now in its 5th year, the Muslim Writers Awards is widely acknowledged by writers and professionals from the publishing world as the most recognised, exciting and credible platform for Muslim writers of all ages.

The list of successes continues to grow; the youngest person to sign a publishing contract is Tahmina Hadi who will be launching her first novel in April after winning the 14-16 Best Short Story Award at the 2010 Young Muslim Writers Awards.

To submit your entry, and be part of the next generation of success stories, visit

woah this actualy sounds interesting you know! Biggrin
but is it only novels that your aloud to post?
i would rather make a poem or islamic bars (lyrics). That would appeal to me more.
will you enter dude?

oh yeah and literature! Biggrin

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

I dunno, check out the site for more details.
Nope, I aint entering, just thought someone on here might want to Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I entered!!!!!!!!! Biggrin
Thnxz PoFS for posting it on here... i was gonna do it last year i think...but that neva happened!

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

mush91 wrote:
i would rather make a poem or islamic bars (lyrics). That would appeal to me more.
will you enter dude?

No it can be poetry,short stories or other as they've catergorized it....anything thats not un-islamic basically....
short stories = 4000 words
poetry = 40 lines

Nasheedgirl wrote:
I entered!!!!!!!!! Biggrin
Thnxz PoFS for posting it on here... i was gonna do it last year i think...but that neva happened!

no probs, glad you're entering Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Nasheedgirl wrote:
mush91 wrote:
will you enter dude?

No it can be poetry,short stories or other as they've catergorized it....anything thats not un-islamic basically....
poetry = 40 lines

ohhhhhh i might enter
prepare for some competition dude Biggrin
what did you enter? poetry or story?

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

mush91 wrote:
Nasheedgirl wrote:
mush91 wrote:
will you enter dude?

poetry = 40 lines

ohhhhhh i might enter
prepare for some competition dude Biggrin
Poetry....bring it on 'dude'!!! Lol
what did you enter? poetry or story?

when is the prize giving happening? i wanna attend, isnt usually during GPU??

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

haha lol no wonder why you want to enter Blum 3
i just want to enter to make people read my bars (lyrics/poems whatever you want to call it) lol