British gay Muslims seek Islamic weddings

152 posts / 0 new
Last post

theres no excuse at the end of the day these feelings can be controlled and a muslim can seek help from the quran,imams (ones that understand) or ur closet fiends...its a test that was probaly thrown at them...inshallah Allah will change them and let them reliase their mistake and repent...afterall Allah knows best...

no way!! its totally wrong in my opinion! why do muslims decide to be gay when they know its wrong!!!

Same reason people commit other sins - lack of self-control/understanding etc

Welcome to the revival Smile feel free to introduce yourself in the new members topic Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Same reason people commit other sins - lack of self-control/understanding etc

Welcome to the revival Smile feel free to introduce yourself in the new members topic Smile

true but gayness is the worst

All sex outside marriage is haraam.

The consequences of considering any of it not-haraam are the same.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

How very funny, does this mean everyone in the masjid including the Imaam performing the nikah should wear niqaab in front of this guy??

I mean common on we're all fair game for this chap, never know what he can do if he's left alone with the imaam in the masjid for crying out loud...

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Jack the Ripper wrote:
How very funny, does this mean everyone in the masjid including the Imaam performing the nikah should wear niqaab in front of this guy??

I mean common on we're all fair game for this chap, never know what he can do if he's left alone with the imaam in the masjid for crying out loud...

LOL! OK seriously; I think most Imams can feel confident that they won't be hit on by a gay guy (well I don't think so).

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

LOL

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

This is the BBC's way of trying 2 say that they're are Muslims that are gay and that Muslims need 2 learn 2 accept it ....ACCEPT IT??? wtf IT IS AGAINST ISLAM AND WE WILL NEVER ACCEPT IT....Astagfirullah ....i don't think people understand exactly how much it angers Allah *swt*

Note sure if it deserves its own topic, but:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ocean wrote:
MICE

MICE

NOT Humans

Can people leave Gay people alone please!

its a topic about gay muslims, what else dyou wana talk about? gay mices?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Ocean wrote:
MICE

MICE

NOT Humans

Can people leave Gay people alone please!

I agree they should be left alone too

Preferably in a secluded area where they don't bother anyone and nobody will in turn bother them. Then they will become extinct. Biggrin

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

You're assuming homosexuality is genetic or hereditary.

If that was the case, it would have disapeared long ago.

You just accept that people act in different ways and like different things.

I completely disagree with the whole notion of homosexuality being acceptable in Islam. But living in today's society, there is a greater influence on our youth/middle age to 'be themselves' without considering the viewpoint of Islam, the media, gay right activists etc all teach our youth that being homosexual is OK and some groups even go as far as 'proving' that homosexuality is compatible with Islam. I personally believe that it is due to these very reasons that such radical changes are being seen today in Islam, changes where homosexual nikah is permitted.

A solution is needed not only to guide these poor individuals back onto the straight path, but also to prevent the straying of others in the future, instead of pretending these problems don't exist these need to be tackled head on. I think our parents generation especially do not feel comfortable in discussing these issues and to me that is completely understandable considering the society/culture they grew up in, But youth and people from our generation need to stand up and start solving this problem. Homosexuality is not so much of a shock to us as to our parents (the existence of homosexuality,not the acceptance), probably due to the society we have grown up in therefore I feel that it falls on us to develop these support groups, develop solutions and start helping individuals onto the right path.

I'm unsure whether this was in response to my post?!

But, answering the question, no. I don't think Allah is homophobic.He created us and made rules for us to follow. It's up to us to follow them, and to test our devotion to us he has placed obstacles in our path. Like the anon poster a few posts above I can see how homosexual attraction is a sort of 'test' from Allah for which they have to control there actions regardless of feelings.

What made you ask this question?
xx

Ocean wrote:
Would you call God Homophobic?

(Not that we're allowed to call Him ANYTHING unless He says call me THIS and call me THAT and I'll listen to you)

How could God be scared of anything?
samay wrote:
I completely disagree with the whole notion of homosexuality being acceptable in Islam. But living in today's society, there is a greater influence on our youth/middle age to 'be themselves' without considering the viewpoint of Islam, the media, gay right activists etc all teach our youth that being homosexual is OK and some groups even go as far as 'proving' that homosexuality is compatible with Islam. I personally believe that it is due to these very reasons that such radical changes are being seen today in Islam, changes where homosexual nikah is permitted.

A solution is needed not only to guide these poor individuals back onto the straight path, but also to prevent the straying of others in the future, instead of pretending these problems don't exist these need to be tackled head on. I think our parents generation especially do not feel comfortable in discussing these issues and to me that is completely understandable considering the society/culture they grew up in, But youth and people from our generation need to stand up and start solving this problem. Homosexuality is not so much of a shock to us as to our parents (the existence of homosexuality,not the acceptance), probably due to the society we have grown up in therefore I feel that it falls on us to develop these support groups, develop solutions and start helping individuals onto the right path.

Yep, you're right, but what kind of solutions would you suggest? How would you help that anon poster up there ^

Well firstly I think a greater awareness needs to be raised. Not only to Muslim parents, (that yes you might find your child will grow up with homosexual feelings it's not their fault) but also to young people, examples should be raised about why this is wrong, why has Allah forbidden it but at the same time why might you be afflicted with it, how someone could be afflicted with it yet not have to pursue this sin etc etc. The whole notion of that just having these feelings is not a sin.

Secondly, a greater Muslim support network is needed, by that I mean people such as therapists, people who the youth of today would be able to connect with and talk about their problems and be offered solutions/support that is compatible with the life/culture that we are living in today. The idea of mentors etc that they have in e.g.AA groups, who are there to provide one-on-one support 24/7, generally just there whenever you feel you need to talk, have an urge etc. We need to be able to help these individuals increase their Imaan, help them get closer to Allah and maybe He will relive them of this burden. We can make them aware that Allah does love them, this is just a test etc, their is a greater reward after death.

Thirdly, I don't know if there are individuals who have fought this problem and manged to deal with it/or adapt their life somehow, maybe these people can give advice and support to other individuals. Someone who has first hand experience of what it feels like etc.

But in the end I suppose it all comes down to the fact that you can only help those who want to be helped, i.e those like the anon poster who accept that this 'way of life?' is wrong. But on the other hand I think this problem needs to be started dealing with early i.e around the time of puberty when i'd suppose individuals first become aware of these feelings. Otherwise these poor people generally won't tell anyone and would be constantly fighting an internal emotional battle draining themselves, losing faith, and slowly giving in. Like the anon poster said he's even started losing faith that there will be a cure, we need to help before it gets to this stage.

samay wrote:
but at the same time why might you be afflicted with it, how someone could be afflicted with it yet not have to pursue this sin etc etc.

Why and how would they be afflicted with it?

There was a programme on CH 4 about gay Muslims a few years a go

How could you fall in love with a person who is the same sex as your self it's not right, there are 2 sex's 1 male 1 female if we were suppose to fall in love with the same sex then there would have only been one sex or both members of the same sex's would be able to re produce without the need of the other sex which is currently not the case naturally

Some people say it's an illness, some say its in the genes I say its become a fashion like most other things

If our grand parents and parents had been gay we ould not be sitting here writing this

My English is not very good

stopincest wrote:

Some people say it's an illness, some say its in the genes I say its become a fashion like most other things

As silly as it sounds, that may have some truth. Some people seem to think it's cool to be gay

stopincest wrote:

As silly as it sounds, that may have some truth. Some people seem to think it's cool to be gay

Its like the new generation of girls and women having there heads shaved off, the girls and women of today are trying to make a bold statement and they want to be more and more like men in every way - a women shot here husband in Chakwal Pakistan a while back which just shows you how brave they have now become

I think its the first time we have some what agreed with each other

stopincest wrote:
a women shot here husband in Chakwal Pakistan a while back which just shows you how brave they have now become

lol I doubt that's the first time a woman has shot someone.

stopincest wrote:
a women shot here husband in Chakwal Pakistan a while back which just shows you how brave they have now become

lol I doubt that's the first time a woman has shot someone.

It might be in Pakistan

stopincest wrote:

If our grand parents and parents had been gay we ould not be sitting here writing this

that would b a shame.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Well to put into simple terms, this is a test from Allah and the exact reasons why He might have inflicted this upon someone, only He knows. But to hazard a guess I think several things can thought to contribute to making an individual have these feelings. Im no psychologist or behaviour expert so these are just my opinions!

i)Identity. Situations in childhood/early life may have led to an individual feeling like they are lacking in traits which make them masculine, therefore this negative masculinity view might be created for which the individuals start desiring the 'true' masculinity in other men leading to infatuation/attraction.

ii)Parents. Distant parents in childhood etc where children may crave attention,acceptance affection from parents and where it is not given may leave the child growing up with those affectionate needs not being met, therefore they may start desiring these needs to be met by other men (as a replacement for the affection not shown in childhood).

iii) Abuse/Paedophilia/ Not a great family life...The list is endless really and we can look into and analyze psychologically every detail in peoples lives to try and find a cause, and although some may find it easier dealing with it knowing the cause, I think the treatment/support is the biggest challenge, the most important challenge.

Allah knows best

You'd have to be pretty psychologically disturbed IMO to actually want to be gay. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't but if it does I'm sure that this observation must only account for the minority.

And you could argue till the end of the earth the reasons for why homosexuality is wrong, the major problem in this day and age is defining why it happens and how to stop it. These are the answers needed. It's all well and good giving reasons but if someone doesn't want to believe that this is a sin then no matter what you tell them they won't listen.

abdi1223 wrote:
May Allah Forgive them!

May Allah lead them to the straight path!

samay wrote:
You'd have to be pretty psychologically disturbed IMO to actually want to be gay. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't but if it does I'm sure that this observation must only account for the minority.

And you could argue till the end of the earth the reasons for why homosexuality is wrong, the major problem in this day and age is defining why it happens and how to stop it. These are the answers needed. It's all well and good giving reasons but if someone doesn't want to believe that this is a sin then no matter what you tell them they won't listen.

Agreed.

Ya'qub wrote:
stopincest wrote:

that would b a shame.

True

I see this topic is still ongoing. I just want to say I really like your ideas Samay, it's exactly the kind of action that is needed. Maybe if these ideas and actions were in place today, I like many other wouldn't be living in this daily hell.

Pages