Money, Money, Money

This is sumin I'm always getting into trouble over

Daddy gives us monthy pocket money-(i.e. it should last a month)

I spend it in 1 week :oops:

My motto has always been-if u have money then spend it-if u dont then do without

I NEVER ask people for money-if I need sumin (aprt frm sis)

I always get into trouble for not saving it

SAVE IT FOR WHAT?

I always spend money on my family-I ALWAYS give to charity-but I hate saving

I'm an impulsive spender-I admit I do buy stupid stuff at times

stuff that I dont need or stuff that I could have got cheaper :oops:

and I cant stand stingy people

Whats your money management like?

lol wow

You're going to be destitute at 20

"Constantine" wrote:
lol wow

You're going to be destitute at 20

not true

I just need to learn how to budget

for instance-daddy gives me my driving lesson money- four lessons in advance (I have one lesson a week)

and I spent it even though I know that money is for my driving lessons and I end up cancelling my lesson

I am okay with money if i want somethin i'll buy it and if i need somethin i'll buy it.

My weakness is if i see pretty shoes/tops/handbags etc i'll buy it even though i have more and just recently bought it.

I have saved up for my Ummrah inshallah and also for my laptop which i am gona buy in a months time or so.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
not true

I just need to learn how to budget

for instance-daddy gives me my driving lesson money- four lessons in advance (I have one lesson a week)

and I spent it even though I know that money is for my driving lessons and I end up cancelling my lesson

Women don't know how to budget,

Take my mom for instance - please.

ahahhahaa

She got a call from my parents accountant about a year ago informing her that he thought somebody had stolen one of her credit cards - she told him that couldn't be true because she had it with her.

As it turned out the only evidence he had that it might have been stolen was the insanely high amount of activity on it - he was convinced no sane person could go on a spending binge like that.

lol spending so much that identity theft is a consideration.

Impressive

LOL

I wouldnt go that far

dad would kill me and would take my credits cards away (which are for emergency use only)

I placed money near the bottom of my list, too much money will in the end corrupt u, i just want enough to be comfortable and able to live on. I really can't stand people who use their money or occupation as status, which is only able to happen because people allow them and look up too them, thinking they have actually achieve something, even though they have nothing of real substances in their life. The things that are important in people have become secondary such as character. My rant over for today. Wink

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Im fairly good with my money

I worked part time while at uni so never needed money from my parents but now that im not workin i dont need money unless im going out and then il ask my mum! its been years since ive been given pocket money! i know how to save....for e.g if i needed sumtin or go sumwhere i can save....my money can last me a while....i do buy things that i dont need but at the same time i control how much i need to spend

My sisters on the other hand oooof.....my elder sister spends so much on absoulutly nothing its unbelievable....her account is always overdrawn and the bank on several occasions thought that sumone else was using her account...thats how much she spends! at one point the amount she needed to repay was more than our mortage

my younger sister follows in her footsteps and gets some unkown satisfaction of being overdrawn all the time

salam
i dont have a clue how to save. every time i receive a bank statemet i get shocked. i always promse myself that am going to calm down and only spend money when i have to, but that only lasts a day or two. being a student i should be saving. i never think twice before i spend, i feel so bad because my parents pay for my accomodation and give me extra spending money. i use all that and my student loan lol
sum1 needs to teach me how to spend less lol

i dont think being given pocket money helps. i've heard ppl say they give their kids pocket money so they learn its value and how to budget, but this rarely works from wot i've seen.

i dont spend unless i really need something, or when i wanna buy presents for ppl. other than that, everythings saved in the bank.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
LOL

I wouldnt go that far

You're not married though.

Let's wait and see what happens then!

Im alright with my money, i only buy things when i need them. Im not working at the moment so dad gives me pocket money, even then sometimes i dont spend it all (esp after Eid). Considering im the only daughter my mum thinks i dont spend enough (bless her).

And Dave...

Quote:
Women don't know how to budget
Not all women are clueless about finance

women are easy to convince when you want em 2 spend

workin for mail order company and sales has proven that

they know no limits

but then again

im no different Blum 3

keep me away from T-Shirts...........especially over-priced ones with designer tags :oops:

im managing to kick the habit.....having no job certainly helps Biggrin

i understand why you gotta budget, and saving is something i cant do........altho i know i should

however i have cousins who are extremely stingy....and i cant believe im related :evil:

i always spend a little more than my income within any month

bad, i know

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
women are easy to convince when you want em 2 spend

workin for mail order company and sales has proven that

they know no limits

but then again

im no different Blum 3

keep me away from T-Shirts...........especially over-priced ones with designer tags :oops:

i understand why you gotta budget, and saving is something i cant do........altho i know i should

however i have cousins who are extremely stingy....and i cant believe im related :evil:

bad, i know

Dave learn from Hayduh, he also is into shoppin just like we girls are....everyone should love shoppin and moreover enjoy it!

I always find when i am upset if i go shoppin it cheers me up....the other day i was feelin down so bought myself a pair of shoes, a cardigan and a bottle of Lacoste (its a must girls!) and in no time i was feeling happy :?

lol I dunno... shopping just doesn't do it for me.

Except for books - I have a personal library with me at all time.

Not because i'm bringing one with me, just because I keep buying them!!!

A bit of an unhealthy obsession

"Constantine" wrote:

Dunno bout unhealthy but it is sure a sign of snobiness (that a word?) to have so many books and look posh, do u actually read them? My sis has loads and she's always tellin me there's no space for my uni books on the book shelf :evil: well what space is there gona be if she has 1000's of her books!

"Angel" wrote:
Dave learn from Hayduh, he also is into shoppin just like [b]we girls [/b]are....everyone should love shoppin and moreover enjoy it!

errr... dare i object? Wink

i dont hav the patience for shopping... i just nip in and out of a shop when i really need something - i usually go with sumthing specific in mind.

[size=7]*ducks for cover*[/size]

Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Constantine" wrote:

Same 'ere.

I even ended up selling some off again to raise some woney when I was skint.

Selling my books was one thing I never thought I'd do. Sad

with boooks....do you find you read them all?

i started to buy a few (well, quite a few)....and yet to finish any :oops:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

I really good with budgeting... As soon as I get some money, I first put some aside for necessities…e.g charity, mobile top up, any outstanding bills etc etc

Then I blow the rest. I too like angel buy whatever I want if I like it/need it and can afford it. And I too have a weakness when it comes to stuff like purses, pretty skirts, shoes, books etc etc

Ever since I’ve started working my spending has increased big time…its nice to be able spend on the family…I brought dad a really, really expensive bottle of perfume yesterday, which I couldn’t normally afford.

I also don’t see the point of saving. Obviously if you need to get something, then that’s different. Apparently, it costs a lot to maintain a car….so when I do get one; I’ll prob have to budget a lot more.

Wasalaam

car costs...........theyre a lot

which is why im reluctant to start learning

and means i have more money in my pocket Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Tell me about it.

I went through three years of taking lessons, three failed tests before I got my licence.

The whole process is so expensive-esp if you live in London.

car, insurance, road tax, rising petrol costs, any repair works

or a £35 a month any bus pass Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Car, tax, insurance etc is just a one off payment.

Petrol is a reg thing.

But its better then walking to bus stops in this freezing weather.

true

but have a chaueffer, thats the best

i dread the day i cant rely on lifts anymore Sad

tax isnt one off, nor is insurance

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Tax and insurance is a once a year thing.

I can't stand depending on others for lifts. You have to get there and leave when the driver decides...

"Angel" wrote:

I always find when i am upset if i go shoppin it cheers me up....the other day i was feelin down so bought myself a pair of shoes, a cardigan and a bottle of Lacoste (its a must girls!) and in no time i was feeling happy :?

Lol-spending money on stuff makes me happy too. I'm very fussy with my clothes so I don't always like what I see....but if I ever come home with a new skirt or purse I'm very happy.

women :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
women :roll:

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
but then again

im no different Blum 3

bad, i know

Men. :roll:

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Men. :roll:

more like girl wanabe, he sounds excited when he goes shoppin i dont know of any men that do get happy by shoppin

i dont :x

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages