Where's best for Muslims?

36 posts / 0 new
Last post

Having lived in both, I can appreciate the benefits & drawbacks of both.

The main thing I think I learned is that we can't blame (or rely on) the wider society for our actions (good or bad). I think there's a danger of reading the ayas & ahadith about keeping good company as related to living in Muslim or non-Muslim majority societies.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) & his companions had time living in both situations... and in both situations they were required to keep good company.. Even when Madina had been established, the people who'd been sent to live in Abbysinia were not told to return, because they were able to live Islamically.

I guess the only issue would be if u were not able to practice Islam or if there were literally no Muslim companions

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Lilly wrote:
Lilly wrote:

excuse me..will YOU have a look at your freaking PICTURE and then come again about who's under kafir media influence....

Joie de Vivre wrote:
See if you can find a parallel with this conversation:

A - "Black people and white people are equal!"
B - "No they aren't, nigger-lover!"
A - "Yes they are, nigger-lover!"

i cant. care to explain?

Nope. I don't think you tried hard.

is it something to do with context? (i cheated and ask for other people's opinion). i'm just not well recently and i can feel my brain not quite getting round the "nigger-lover" bit.. just like a maths problem when you're just about to get it...

so the first person is saying white/black arent equal. calling the other someone who like black people

then the one who said they were equal says they are. but...calls the other one nigga-lover.

SO B THINKS BLACKS ARE HIGHER!

yes?

but i dont get how it relates to the stuff Malik said...

disclaimer: im not using "black" as a racial, pejorative word. Im just using it to make the conversation faster.

if anyone wants me to change it i will. just give me something to replace it with please.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I was told Black was an accepted term :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
I was told Black was an accepted term :/

it doesnt really matter.

what's you opinion of Joie de Vivre's little story?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I don't know, didn't really understand what he meant.

I just thought he was talking about how both of you may have been childish in your replies - both using accusations etc whilst trying to be better? Or something. I dunno.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Pages