Where's best for Muslims?

Corrupted Muslim Country
38% (28 votes)
Non-Muslim Country
62% (46 votes)
Total votes: 74

I can't choose any of those options really.

"Where they are allowed to practice their faith" would be my answer followed by "where there are good economic/education prospects".

We have something great in the UK (and something worth defending) that is we are allowed to freely practice our religion. This is not the case in many Muslim Majority countries where people are still fighting for their rights to practice Islam.

Now that we have that here, we do need to defend these rights too and not sit back on our laurels and think they will always be present.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

any country that allows you to practice your faith freely.

(i haven't voted)

What good would a corrupted Muslim country, do?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Youy would be surrounded by more Muslims and maybe there will be less public avenues to err down.

There would be benefits.

Saying that, I don't think I would do well in a muslim country...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Youy would be surrounded by more Muslims and maybe there will be less public avenues to err down.

There would be benefits.

Saying that, I don't think I would do well in a muslim country...

Reminds me of Pakistan - they aren't exactly all that relgious and Islamic though really, are they? And I think that might be same for other countries. Also dunno about other countries but in pk Islam and culture is mixed since its a Muslim country so people seem to think the two go hand in hand.

A non-corrupt Muslim country would be perfect but otherwise in a non-Muslim country if you started learning about religion theres more chance you'd learn about the actual religion and not the culture and, I dunno, but from what I've seen people are more practising here - plus to me anyway, its more meaningful than doing stuff cuz you have to. Plus you can do dawah to others! Wink Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i think non muslim countries
only because although it may be hard to do whatever but you still have fellow brothers or sisters who maybe able to help you on the straight path
but in a corrupted muslim country you would believe a corrupt view to be islamic and it maybe wrong
atleast in a non muslim country although you have some people who are corrupt but you still have different point of views so you can read upon it and find which is right and what you believe
saying that i think in a non muslim country it is easier to get swayed to do wrong

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

very difficult question.....

i voted for a corrupted muslim country, but i had 2 think about this one. the thing is, in a muslim country, at least you're surrounded by more muslims and in a non muslim countyr, the amount of subliminal messgs that they give out through billboards etc is baaad....

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

i gave really closed options, just wanted people's opinion. there was a talk yesterday about this, need to get the CD and listen to it...

but i think the "where you can practise your religion freely" is a good answer.

now, define "corrupt". for me i would like to live in a muslim country. but how corrupt is corrupt?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
...how corrupt is corrupt?

How much money do you need to have so you're considered to be a rich person?

KA-CHING $_$

btw... Ocean said: Its rude to asnwer a question with another one.

If i wanted to forget what Ocean said..I wouldnt have MENTIONNED it. Now answer the Q. (whatever it was...)

If it's so obvious there wouldn't be 2 options and I would know what you thought! :roll:

So long as you are not corrupt and your heart is not corrupt any where can be good for a muslim i guess. Smile

Maryam leeds wrote:
So long as you are not corrupt and your heart is not corrupt any where can be good for a muslim i guess. Smile

Others around you and certain situations can make you corrupt too, unfortunately :/

Welcome to The Revival, Maryam Smile

Ocean wrote:
That's a good question lilly-kins

I say corrupted Muslim Country over a non-Muslim Country. Only because it's a comfort zone. AT least I'm less likely to lose faith in a Muslim country that is only politically corrupt because if it was religiously corrupt, it wouldn't be called a Muslim country.

But if the people are corrupt , but claim to be Muslim, then wouldn't you eventually lose the spirit?
In a non-Muslim country you can have a stronger faith, provided you keep yourself in check and remember Allah.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
Ocean wrote:
That's a good question lilly-kins

I say corrupted Muslim Country over a non-Muslim Country. Only because it's a comfort zone. AT least I'm less likely to lose faith in a Muslim country that is only politically corrupt because if it was religiously corrupt, it wouldn't be called a Muslim country.

But if the people are corrupt , but claim to be Muslim, then wouldn't you eventually lose the spirit?
In a non-Muslim country you can have a stronger faith, provided you keep yourself in check and remember Allah.

True but remember, in a muslim corrupt country, the gov. are usually the ones with low or no imaan, not the general public... so living ther wud be easier because the company u wud be mixing with wudnt have low imaan, jus the gov...(am i makin sense?! :lol:)

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

u are Nasheedgirl.

and thank you Ocean, i was starting to lose hope in this poll.

you (as in Ocean) and Lamp both have good points. Eg: in france, because muslims are so..hmm...whateveryouwannacallit, the ones who actually have the strength to practise their faith etc.. they stand out, and you stand out with them, and so you have some kind of assurance that they're serious about Islam.

but then there's the point where the oppression is so ridiculous it isnt worth it anymore. (France situation)

I like the comfort zone idea, quite a lot too. i really like. I think i wanna try it out when im older!

Nasheedgirl wrote:

True but remember, in a muslim corrupt country, the gov. are usually the ones with low or no imaan, not the general public... so living ther wud be easier because the company u wud be mixing with wudnt have low imaan, jus the gov...(am i makin sense?! :lol:)

The govt have the power and therefore they can pass off their wrong actions as "Islamic" ones which may lead people to think the same way especially as they may not be very educated either so they will believe it.
?

true say, but then all muslims have a basic level of knowledge they need to acquire. to be able to differentiate between right and wrong.

and there's always the Scholars.

there's a hadith about Allah subhanahou wata'ala sending a ruler that represents the people. I cant find it just yet, but will look for it, (have no idea what to search for though...)

please, buffers? dumb it down for me?

Ocean wrote:
Comfort zone.

But another point I was trying to make was that YOU make community whatever you want it to be... Muslim? Gothic? you choose, you make.

i was thinking about that today actually..
but with the concept of honesty.

we really havent got much to complain.

Whhy didn't lilly sister include corrupt kafir country, unless she dont believe kafir can be corrupt?

Why didn't lilly sister include clean muslim country?

lilly are you fallen under the propaganda of western kafir media again?

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

again?

excuse me..will YOU have a look at your freaking PICTURE and then come again about who's under kafir media influence....

I dont feel like justifying my intention to you. If someone else asks, i might say, but you know, people on here are pretty clever, im sure they've already figured it out.

Lilly wrote:
again?

excuse me..will YOU have a look at your freaking PICTURE and then come again about who's under kafir media influence....

I dont feel like justifying my intention to you. If someone else asks, i might say, but you know, people on here are pretty clever, im sure they've already figured it out.

See if you can find a parallel with this conversation:

A - "Black people and white people are equal!"
B - "No they aren't, nigger-lover!"
A - "Yes they are, nigger-lover!"

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Lilly wrote:
again?

i cant. care to explain?

malik wrote:
Whhy didn't lilly sister include corrupt kafir country, unless she dont believe kafir can be corrupt?

Why didn't lilly sister include clean muslim country?

lilly are you fallen under the propaganda of western kafir media again?

Yeah true, but be careful lilly sister will start calling you names and throwing a tantrum for not agreeing wit her. She is always right you know...

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Lilly wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Joie de Vivre wrote:

i cant. care to explain?

Nope. I don't think you tried hard.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Pages