Trust No One, Suspect Everyone - Is This How We Should Live?

Until a few years ago, I was a great believer in friendships, but I've recently discovered that people aren't always waht they appear.(no matter how long you have known them), and although Allah (swt) has said that one should not lead a suspicious life, I can't help but feel that the only person you can rely on in this life is yourself, for you are the only person you know truly well!!!!!
What's your take on this?

my motto is 'trust everyone'

'trust breeds true friendship'

'if in true freindship you feel betrayed then you are never betrayed only mistaken'

DTA!!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Friendship comes as a gift in which
new bonds are created such as sisterhood & brotherhood
that are in many cases unbreakable but when a little thing is pointed
out one cannot help but think n be worried bout what the outcome of havin such a strong friendship will have in store for them
bcoz not everyone values friendship in the same manner as each oda.
But if in doubt bout somethin then come open as long as you
know that wat you suspect wont hurt any1

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

sir halva what does DTA mean

Salam

We all have a habbit of putting a pen in the mouth.

Yasmine. When you find that you have have cut your lips with a knife, do not blame the sharpness of the blade.

Knives should not be used like pencils.

Omrow

nothing wrong with mates

just dont be 101% dependent on them

I've had many mates in life-but I've always put myself first

I've never put my neck on the line for them

but its tru that u can only rely on ur self an family in times of need

I think someone once said on the forum, that you should pick ur friends based on Taqwa, whether they have it or not. Which is so true. Because a friendship based on Love and fear of Allah swt, have too be destine for success. Everything esle is temporary, which we all find in due time.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Seema DTA means Dont Trust Anybody

Lilsis, no point having friends if u dont feel comfortable around them, and u dunt trust them.

I got loadsa "friends", but only a few real Friends, n my real friends I know i can trust

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

i have friends that I feel confortable around-I just dont see the point of telling them my personal secrets when I have family for that

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i have friends that I feel confortable around-I just dont see the point of telling them my personal secrets when I have family for that

you're both right razor and lil sis because family comes first then the world

Trust is something that people create amongst themselves. When some temporary setback or shock - and these are occasionally inevitable - leaves you with such disillusionment that you're thinking of taking this DTA for a motto, the chances are you need to work on, say, your communication, empathy or compassion for others. And consider whether you are really so trustworthy yourself - recalling not everyone has the same expectations!

Shabbat Shalom.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

I can say truly i have one best friend, shes my first cousin, she means the world to me, she knows EVERYTHING about me, others are really good friends whom i can trust too.....others have let me down it's all bout learnin.

I agree with Yuit, u gota look at the taqwa of a person, you have to see how they are gona benefit you, if they lead you to your downfall they aint friends.

dont trust anybody even yaself lol

joke.......i go with Yuit, i found the friends i make thru the great network that is Islam, are some of the best

others i picked up unfortunately, some you can get rid off - others are hard to shrugg off

and LilSois is right - family is jus something else above friends

"razor" wrote:
Seema DTA means Dont Trust Anybody

Lilsis, no point having friends if u dont feel comfortable around them, and u dunt trust them.

I got loadsa "friends", but only a few real Friends, n my real friends I know i can trust

Does that include me? Sad

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Unfortunately in this day and age everybody has a "me first me first" selfish attitude. We're always thinking about ourselves... and what we can get out of it. Its a sad day in the world when very few people think of the greater good. Its all about them... i'll be such a such a persons friend bcoz he/she's brainy and will do my work for me. Once they've chilled with them they no longer want to know them. People who are there for a freebie during the good times but then bugger off during the bad times. People and their alterior motives make me sick.

What goods a friend who doesnt come in need in the bad times aswell as the good times. This all comes down to how good you are at judging a persons character. Most freeloaders you can see coming a mile off... or atleast i can.

Im not saying trust everyone, but give people the benefit of the doubt. Why judge them as immature,suspitious traitors, even before you've given them a chance? I think its necessary to give people the benefit of the doubt, if you dont give other people a chance.. why should they give you a chance?

You simply can not go thru life without trusting atleast a few people.

I thank god everyday for the 2 best friends i have. I've known them for almost 15 years... i know everything about them... i know when somethings bothering them... i know exactly what they're like, and on what level they're on and i do trust them with my very life. Bcoz i know they will never do anything to cause me pain and i will never do the same to them. I trust them to such an extent they're like family.

Theres a Czech proverb: Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.

Back in BLACK

I would say trust everyone.

BUT

Avoid at all costs any position where you need to use another's trust.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I would say trust everyone.

BUT

Avoid at all costs any position where you need to use another's trust.

Thats like working really hard for your money

and then burning it.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Theres a Czech proverb: Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.

your whole posts really good and especially that proverb and i also like mine:
' a trusting man can never be betrayed by a friend he can only be mistaken'

i wish everybody was as open and trusting with people and like you said you dont have to trust obviously tricky people just use your head

i've come across untrusting people its a wonder how they make friends at all and when they do make them they are not 'real friends' it must be a very hard life not trusting people thats all i can say and very sad too

Salaam

The Islamic way is in sharp contrast to the current norms of our society.

Society teaches us to be wary and suspicious of others whereas Islam says that evil thinking springs from malignity of intent and wickedness of the character.

It is even said that if a deeds of a man are evil, then his thoughts regarding others are evil as a result he will believe whatever suspicion haunts him.

Badgamani (thinking bad about others) is a sin in Islam.

One should only be suspicious of others if they have a valid reason to be…

Wasalaam

people who trust too easily are percieved as being naive, gullible people

I am pretty naive, and gullible.

So I try to avoid situations where my naivety will show.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I am pretty naive.

i didnt know guys were naive-:twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
I am pretty naive.

i didnt know guys were naive-:twisted:

How naive.

guys can be naive...

However not many people will call me naive... I hide it pretty well.

However I know some people who are alot more gullible, and naive than me, and cannot hide it.

Trust is something you should ahve in others, but something you should not have to rely on.

everyone should try standing on their two feet.

admin how does one hide they are naive and gullible please tell?

because having been told this time and time again i dont still know what being naive and gullible means or how to hide it

is it a personality flaw and requires deeper change or is it lack of discipline?

naive means to me you see things as too simplistic, and do not see how things can be complicated.

To hide it is to not make any decisions until necessary. listen more than talk.

ask questions. Or better, get someone else to ask the questions.

Gullibility is taking people for their word at all times. I do that. So here try to get the facts yourself instead of asking smeone...

These things are seen as negative, but can also mean the person is a good person, and does not see everyone as evil.

Once gullible, you will always be gullible. however you can play that off by appearing more gullible than you are when needed, and just question more.

Its dificult to explain, but if you know you are gullible or naive, just measure your own responses, and change them slightly to how others respond.

I mostly cannot read people. I cannot tell when they are telling the truth or lying, unless I already know the truth. I also avoid face-offs because of this. And I try to stay away from participating in jokes... get someone else to do the dirty work.

thank you very much for the advice i'm just like you.

so what you are saying is talk less and listen more

this i've never done and ended up in lots of trouble

i will try and do this

i thought i'd change with age but doesnt seem to be happening i've even asked my wiley and crafty cousins who call me 'simple' for help but they despair and they've given up

thanks

Salaam

Shalom lechum (i think)

Friends are like m&m's they come in all diffirent colours but in the end They melt if put them in a warm place. Thin and artificial shell some have, and then a layer of smooth milk chocolate, but when the heats up, you find out who's got a solid heart and who's justr chocolate throughg to the middle. Dirol be cool about it.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
people who trust too easily are percieved as being naive, gullible people

Thats where common sense comes into it.

Back in BLACK

yasmine gal wt u chattin bwts...is it bwts dat thing wid u knw who nd u knw who els lol.....hehe gal u soo funni matis na lol l8az man tke ker Biggrin

"Marufshizzie" wrote:
yasmine gal wt u chattin bwts...is it bwts dat thing wid u knw who nd u knw who els lol.....hehe gal u soo funni matis na lol l8az man tke ker Biggrin

No way, I was actually able to decipher that one. :shock:

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Pages