1432 is here!

So another year's gone.

How much have you achieved this past year?

What's changed?

What have you learnt?

Have you got any new years resolutions?

They're just some questions you might want to reflect on Smile

So Muharram...

Yep, another year gone. And ive learnt sooo much about myself and what im capable of. Some of which is kinda scarey when i think about it. But not as scarey as knowing that I know that im still capable of alot more. That this isnt it, that there is much more there. A side of me i didnt even know existed. The things ive done are just the tip of the ice-berg. Of an ice-berg I didnt even know existed.

Sooo much has happened in the last year. And its changed me to the core. But im not sure if its a change for the better or worse or maybe im just headed in a totally different grey direction. I dont know.

I dont make new years resolutions, prob bcoz i dont believe in them or that i'll even keep them. But i do want to know where this change is going. I want to see how it plays out. For so long now i didnt think it mattered what i wanted but maybe i was wrong, maybe it absolutely matters and thats what ive gotta figure out. Im always running around for someone doing one thing or another that Ive totally lost track of what it is that I wanted. So maybe its time I was a little selfish and stopped trying.

I know this probably doesnt make any sense to anybody on here. But it feels good to put it up.

Back in BLACK

so when's the first? i read somewhere that achoura is sometimes around the 17th? so if my maths skills are correct today's teh first?

*scroll up to check when this topic was created* (actually i pressed back and when i pressed forward again everything was deleted and i had to retype all...)

so yeah... hopefully this year will be a year where i'll be a better person in accordance to religion.

let's take it one thing at a time..and see how it goes...regardless of time...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Seraphim wrote:
Yep, another year gone. And ive learnt sooo much about myself and what im capable of. Some of which is kinda scarey when i think about it. But not as scarey as knowing that I know that im still capable of alot more. That this isnt it, that there is much more there. A side of me i didnt even know existed. The things ive done are just the tip of the ice-berg. Of an ice-berg I didnt even know existed.

Sooo much has happened in the last year. And its changed me to the core. But im not sure if its a change for the better or worse or maybe im just headed in a totally different grey direction. I dont know.

I dont make new years resolutions, prob bcoz i dont believe in them or that i'll even keep them. But i do want to know where this change is going. I want to see how it plays out. For so long now i didnt think it mattered what i wanted but maybe i was wrong, maybe it absolutely matters and thats what ive gotta figure out. Im always running around for someone doing one thing or another that Ive totally lost track of what it is that I wanted. So maybe its time I was a little selfish and stopped trying.

I know this probably doesnt make any sense to anybody on here. But it feels good to put it up.

Woah, that sounds 'deep'!
Yes, I think you should be a little more selfish too! Smile

Lilly, you're right, today is the first - i posted the topic after maghrib yesterday Smile Wink

What's achoura? :S

InshaAllah, we'll all have a better year ahead Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ACHOUR ACHOURA ACHOURA!! the day the sea parted ( i believe) if you fast that day, previous and next year sins forvigen!! and because Jews fast that day as well, we should fast the day before (9th) or the day after (11th) so as to be different.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Oh you mean Ashura

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Oh you mean Ashura

Yep she means Ashura, she makes it sound like something you eat with with dhall and rice, mango achoura (atchaar) my favourite, yummy yum!!

Hey if not eating atchaar for two days means getting all my previous years sins forgiven you will need a crowbar to open this mouth, favourite or not...

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

zdc wrote:
ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Oh you mean Ashura

Yep she means Ashura, she makes it sound like something you eat with with dhall and rice, mango achoura (atchaar) my favourite, yummy yum!!

Hey if not eating atchaar for two days means getting all my previous years sins forgiven you will need a crowbar to open this mouth, favourite or not...

Urgh! That makes your breath stinky stink!

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.