Is life what YOU make it?

Is life what you make it?

Does it all depend your ambitions, motivation etc?

Or are there other important factors which affect your life and fate?

Basically discuss the title Q Smile

What about other things which come in the way? Can they not have such a big impact on your life?
E.g Family/friends, Society, education (ofcourse this one can be "easily" overcome) and well anything else.

Are they just hurdles that you must jump over, or can they be a whole problem of their own. If you get what I mean. (I don't think it makes full sense :oops: )

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Its a mixture.

Some things you have control of, others you don't.

With motivation and drive, it also needs to be balanced - so that you can make the most of the opportunities you do have control of, yet not be ungrateful or angry or frustrated over the things you don't have control of.

Successful people will generally attribute their success to their own actions while unsuccessful people will attribute their failure to their circumstances - both are wrong.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Its a mixture.

Some things you have control of, others you don't.

like?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You cant control where you were born, which schools you went to, where you lived etc.

But you culd control how much effort you put into lessons. You couldnt control the quality of the teaching though.

Its like you can choose which buses to get on or off, but you don't drive them. Pretending that you can may lead to unnecessary frustration and anxiety.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
You cant control where you were born, which schools you went to, where you lived etc.

But you culd control how much effort you put into lessons. You couldnt control the quality of the teaching though.

Its like you can choose which buses to get on or off, but you don't drive them. Pretending that you can may lead to unnecessary frustration and anxiety.

But your parents could control those things. So is it ok to just blame them?

A person who starts off with material deprivation, cultural deprivation and no cultural capital (Learnt that in sociology so wna use it atleast once Blum 3 ask me to explain if you need to) how likely is that person to actually make something of themselves? Poor person must fight extremely hard to make something out of themselves :/

That kind of answers your question doesnt it?

Yes, I wanted to think out loud!

But BUTTTT! Not all of them people would be fortunate enough to maybe even be given the chance to get anywhere. Probably only a a few people would be able to do that, even if they put in the hard work?

Not everyone needs to conquer the world. Not everyone needs to climb everest.

People may focus on careers, jobs, studies etc, but the end aim is almost always to live a life worth living, with people, family etc, and that does not require as much as maybe a person would need to land on the moon.

Yes ofcourse. But I'm talking about those who want to but can't. (Is there even a point in them trying- ofcourse people are gna say "yes")

Its a mixture - I believe that any successes that I might have had have been very much dependent on my passion, motivation, want, intention and earnest prayers to God..

Some things have been circumstantial - however, even in the cases where I have had failure or negative things happen to me...its been because of my own actions. (not incl situations such as death, illness, loss of job etc).

However, weirdly enough...even when I look back at some of the darkest moment of my life...I realise that what I didnt get at that time, is a blessing for me today...

MuslimSister wrote:

However, weirdly enough...even when I look back at some of the darkest moment of my live...I realise that what I didnt get at that time, is a blessing for me today...

Alhamdulllah.

Ocean, you like that phrase don't you. :/

What about it?

delayed gratification, an upper/middle class concept. or sacrificing now to get better later.

relatively speaking, if we see now as this world and later as the herreafter, we're all supose to be delayed gratifying...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
delayed gratification, an upper/middle class concept. or sacrificing now to get better later.

Knew that, just was wondering what exactly she was saying. Like, erm nvm lol
Quote:

relatively speaking, if we see now as this world and later as the herreafter, we're all supose to be delayed gratifying...

interesting! never thought about it like that.

So TRUE!

speak nicely, or decor8 urself wiv th jewels of Silence...

Habibah wrote:
So TRUE!

What is?