Mohammed Ali

Salaam

The Legendary boxer, Mohammed Ali AKA Cassius Clay has a new shoe line out with Adidas

its like the classic pairs, endorsed by himself.

not a bad idea.....i only have one BIG problem with it

it says his name on the shoe :?

Such Beautiful names as Muhammed and Ali on a shoe?

is there anyway we can complain? im not happy at this, despite my respect for Mohammed Ali - hes let himself down on this

couldnt he do it in the name of Cassius Clay?

Dont worry darth,

me and me boys endorse trainers with reebok,

aint nothin wrong wi' it rude boy

SUPPOSING you were the real 50 cent, i couldnt care less anyway :roll:

his name has no meaning anyway

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

i was watching a documentary on tv a couple of weeks back and it was abt hinduism and diwali. What happened in this documetray was that some designers in italy (or sumwhere, im not really sure) designed some new shoes but with the face of one of the hindu 'gods'. The hindu community appealed and protested etc but nothing happened but then the Shoe company (or watever) decided to sell all the shoes (200 of em) to the hindu community and then they burnt them.

i dont know the exact details coz i was watching tv and doing sum other stuff at the same time

so cant we all do something?

or is no1 bothered?

coz whilst i respect Mohammed Ali.........this is kinda outta line

make a shirt or a jumper if ya must, but not a shoe

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i agree with you that it is outa line, i suppose everyone can get to gether protest, meet the big guys and demand them to stop the rpoduction, get media publicity etc lol, but do u really think that it will change things?

im not being pessimistic or anything but does protesting or anything of the like really get you anywhere?

I am shocked considering he had his own thingy in hollywood, you knw those things where u have a person's name carved on the floor ( :oops: this is so bad i cant rember what its called) but Muhammad Ali said he didnt want his name on it hence it doesnt have name on it

But havin the name Muhammad is not right and totally disrespectul to our Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw)...so is it actually out and can say 100% that Muhammad is on the shoe?

trying and failing is better than not bothering

you dont know what will come off it, and at least u know you tried

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
I am shocked considering he had his own thingy in hollywood, you knw those things where u have a person's name carved on the floor ( :oops: this is so bad i cant rember what its called) but Muhammad Ali said he didnt want his name on it hence it doesnt have name on it

But havin the name Muhammad is not right and totally disrespectul to our Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw)...so is it actually out and can say 100% that Muhammad is on the shoe?

the only reason i posted it was coz i seen it yersterday in JD sports

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

the only reason i posted it was coz i seen it yersterday in JD sports

That totally contradicts what Muhammad Ali believed in, i am disapointed

How do u go about complainin?

take it to Adidas i guess...........they only exploiting his name, so whether they care or not i dont know

and take it to Mohammed Ali.... a few emails and letters and he will go to Adidas and have it removed

unless only way it wont work....his advisors are non-muslims and are only interested in the $$$, and make sure nuffin changes

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I dont think addidas are not gona be really bothered but taking it sumhow to Mohammad Ali would be better

go for both i would say

they DEFO wont change anything if we jus talk about it amongst ourselves

contactin Adidas wont be hard

but needa find out how to make sure Mohammed Ali gets the message

coz it probably lies on him if anything is to change

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I doubt that Mohammad Ali even knows about this.

It's the people running his finances and accounts that are prob behind this.

Some members of his family are prob trying to make a quick buck, they know that the price of the shoes will sky-rocket once the man himself kicks the bucket.

Apealling to his family members is just as important as lobbying Adidas.

You mean these trainers^^^^. I personally don't see no big deal with what he done, but if the scholars say it ain't right then maybe i will change my mind. But if he bringing his story to the attention of another couple of million people from another generation, i haven't got a problem with it. He is a very inspiring person and someone who will always have my respect.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

These outta go great with my Jesus Jeans.

Hey - i'm going to borrow the word "Laddy/Lad" from your Northern neighbors for a bit - I was informed that my patronizing "boy" could be misconstrued as racist by some so I need a new word.

Lads.

"yuit" wrote:

You mean these trainers^^^^. I personally don't see no big deal with what he done, but if the scholars say it ain't right then maybe i will change my mind. But if he bringing his story to the attention of another couple of million people from another generation, i haven't got a problem with it. He is a very inspiring person and someone who will always have my respect.

yeah they it

no big deal? these are holy names, and deserve some respect

you are talkin of the names of the beloved prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and his beloved cousin (ra)

i cant think of any scholar who would deem this ok

i understand the partnership with Adidas, and i also have the same respect for him

and i also doubt he has anything to do with this

but still, the trainers jus aint ryt

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

yeah they it

you are talkin of the names of the beloved prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and his beloved nephew (ra)

i understand the partnership with Adidas, and i also have the same respect for him

As i said if a scholar say they wrong, then fair enough I abide. But my intial reaction and i ain't going to lie is so what.

Ali and Muhammed are very common name today, some non muslims have them as well. You wearing them on the side of your shoes and it written in english, when we started to give out the holy quran to non muslims who came too the mosque we ask permission from a scholar and he mention that as long as the quran was not written in arabic you can give them to whoever you want. However, if a viable fatwas was produce on the subject i might change my mind as i not fully up to date on the exact position that the scholar hold on the subject.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

yeah they it

you are talkin of the names of the beloved prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) [b]and his beloved nephew (ra)[/b]

not being picky or nething, but if im not mistaken, Hazrat Ali ra was Ali ibn Abu Talib, Abu talib ra was Rasulallah SAW's uncle, which makes Hazrat Ali ra Muhammad S.A.W's cousin, and then son-in-law.

edit ya post plz.

On the topic, blaming Muhammad Ali isnt right cuz its not his faultt, he probly aint even seen em, but i wen i see'd em i thunk it was not good.

[yoda]Adidas contact we must, our mind, a piece of give we must.[/yoda]

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"razor" wrote:
but i wen i see'd em [b]i thunk[/b] it was not good.

I think you mean, 'I thunked'.

"razor" wrote:

[yoda]Adidas contact we must, our mind, a piece of give we must.[/yoda]

yeah..our 'mind', i'll give alot more than htat, honetly you don't want to leave me alone with matches.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"yuit" wrote:

As i said if a scholar say they wrong, then fair enough I abide. But my intial reaction and i ain't going to lie is so what.

I disagree with that, it may be written in english but end of the day its the name of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) which is an islamic name and is only derived from Islam, i dont think wether a scholar says its right or wrong would make much difference to me, i think its disrespectful cuz it is the name of our Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and we should respect the name as much as possible.

yup agreed

and if he wouldnt ahve it on the walk of fame....then im sure he wouldnt have it on shoes

again, i re-iterate - i dont believe this is Mohammed Ali's doings

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
yup agreed

and if he wouldnt ahve it on the walk of fame....then im sure he wouldnt have it on shoes

again, i re-iterate - i dont believe this is Mohammed Ali's doings

Yeh thats what i am sayin how can he not have it on the "walk of fame" ( :oops: totally went out my head what that was called!) yet let anyone wear the shoes with Muhammad written on it, it just doesnt make sense.

Can his people go on and just put his name on without his consent?

his advisors would have had it done, and probably didnt know it would be like that

or they completely didnt know

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

The thing is the name Muhammad is not only of the Prophet (saw).

If it is used as thr name of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) it is defo wrong, and not allowed.

Now, here it is used as the name of Muhammad Ali, the boxer. there is a diference.

Nevertheless I would prefer it not to be written.

And the language it is written in does not really matter

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
The thing is the name Muhammad is not only of the Prophet (saw).

If it is used as thr name of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) it is defo wrong, and not allowed.

Now, here it is used as the name of Muhammad Ali, the boxer. there is a diference.

Nevertheless I would prefer it not to be written.

And the language it is written in does not really matter

But if you think about it, when you hear Muhammad, who comes to mind first? To me its the Holy Prophet (saw)......the fact is the name to many is recognised as the Holy Prophet's Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and do they have to have "Muhammad" on the shoes?

we can sit here argueing all we want, fact is the shoes are on the streets, we must use our media power to make a difference,

Mr revival Editor, Please can you write something about this topic in the new issue, urging muslims to have their voices heard. Please include info on how to contact adidas to tell em how disgusted we are.

Mr Admin, please tell Mr. Ed wat i said. (hey that rhymes Lol )

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Indeed it does rhyme, hey that gives me and idea...

"Enver" wrote:

Apealling to his family members is just as important as lobbying Adidas.

[size=16]Hold on to your boot straps, cos there'll be slaps and traps when we take on those chaps![/size]

C'mon its a Muhammad Ali thread. Lol Lol Lol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

The name "Muhammad" has a LOT of respect in Islam. One should read what Qadi Iyad in "Ash Shifa" has to say about the virtues/benefits of this name.

I think he also said that you can't even swear at someone who is called Muhammad.

It's disrespectful to have this name on a shoe.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I think he also said that you can't even swear at someone who is called Muhammad.

lol yeh, thts y my parents gave my eldest bro a 'house name' and a 'formal name' so tht they dont call him 'Mohammed' wen theyr telling him off! Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Pages