Ramadan Mubarak!

Salaam

Whether you are fasting today or tomorrow a big Ramadan Mubarak to you all.
Hope everyone gets the best out of this month.
So what are you hoping to acheive in ramadan? Any personal targets?
Make duaa for the ummah inshallah

Wassalaam

Ramadan Mubarak everyone.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

For those interested, an interesting link is : it seems the moon was only seen in saudi and in other location they calculated it to be visible.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ramadan Mubarak to everybody. I hope we all gain something from this month. & Remember that there are more people in the world starving than fasting. So remember them in our dua's. Inshallah

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Whether you are fasting today or tomorrow a big Ramadan Mubarak to you all.

Seconded.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Hope everyone gets the best out of this month.

Seconded.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
So what are you hoping to acheive in ramadan? Any personal targets?

No idea. Just pray and keep the fasts. And think twice before taking a step forwards.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Make duaa for the ummah inshallah

Seconded.

Ramadhan Mubarak everyone, may Allah make it a blessed month for everyone inshAllah, ameen.

Right people. Your task for tomorrow is one of appreciation. Find one thing to appreciate and say subhanallah to.

Do you think you're up to it? Are you brave enough to say it with an audible sound?

I would just like to wish everyone on here a very blessed Ramadan inshallah. Smile

May we all make the most of it, realise our shortcomings and then strive to be better Muslims inshallah.

You wrote:
Right people. Your task for tomorrow is one of appreciation. Find one thing to appreciate and say subhanallah to.

I appreciate the fact that I just checked my emails and there were 0 spam emails.

You wrote:

Do you think you're up to it? Are you brave enough to say it with an audible sound?

i like your task Smile u should assign one every day

Ramadhan Mubarak to every one! enjoy this blessed-shaytaan-free month to the max! Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I assigned one yesterday.

Someone else's turn to take the batton today.

Ramadan Mubarak!!

Better late than never but I do not have internet in the house.

Hope you all attain the best possible from this blessed month.

Hope everyone is well.

Smile

Angel

Ramadan Mubarak Everyone!!

I am so hungry but glad to be kept busy at work - what do you guys prefer.. staying home when you're fasting or going to school/college work?

Personally i prefer to work - too many distractions at home what with the tv and the phone... is there anything you guys can suggest as to what i can do at work that will give me good deeds and strengthen my fast??

Not an easy question... erm... try to be extra patient or something?

or atleast contemplate over your actions - see which are good, which are bad and which are in the middle etc.

Knowing what you want to change etc may be a good first step in realising such changes.

Saffy wrote:

I am so hungry but glad to be kept busy at work - what do you guys prefer.. staying home when you're fasting or going to school/college work?

Personally i prefer to work - too many distractions at home what with the tv and the phone... is there anything you guys can suggest as to what i can do at work that will give me good deeds and strengthen my fast??

dhikr?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ramadan Mubarak everyone, please remember me in your duas.

Saffy wrote:

This should answer your question insha'Allaah.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfqHWP7els&playnext=1&videos=dkosBoRiiag]

i second Power of Silence.

makin Tasbeeh,
saying "subhanallah wa bihamdi, subhannahil'atheem"
making stikhfar

after saying loads of time, it actually feels good, ive tried it recently!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Saffy wrote:
Personally i prefer to work

Crazy. What is the world coming to when people actually want to work?

I am a chef extraordinaire.

I made chips today. only slightly burnt.

and I grilled some Young's chip shop style cod fillets. Only burnt on one side.

yup. and since there are only two people here, its pretty easy too.

Ocean wrote:
I fed my family today! I feel awesome!)

Jealous.

Ramadan Mubarak peeps!

Aims? Make my heart remembering Allah more.

Tomorrow's Ramadan challenge: Sing a few lines of a nasheed - if you're OK with nasheeds. Doesn't have to be in public, be your own audience!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Lilly wrote:
i second Power of Silence.

makin Tasbeeh,
saying "subhanallah wa bihamdi, subhannahil'atheem"
making stikhfar

after saying loads of time, it actually feels good, ive tried it recently!

Ive started saying that too. Apparently if you say it 100x in one days, an ocean worth of your sins get forgiven... or something similar to that :S

Few questions about fasting... if you miss one fast how much do you need to pay?

Also if you break a fast then i know you have to fast 60 days consequtively and feed a certain number of poor people which is hard but my question is that why do you need to do more if you break a fast than if you miss a fast?

My point is that if you break a fast, at least you had the intention to keep it but because of illness or the circumstances you weren't able to keep it - which is better than not keeping it at all??

it depends on why you break it (and the kaffarah I think also applies if you simply miss it too).

You wrote:
it depends on why you break it (and the kaffarah I think also applies if you simply miss it too).

Like i broke my fast in 2007 when a close friend of mine passed away - and it is on my head that i need to do kaffarah to make up for it but was just thinking that my intentions were pure and breaking my fast was a neccessity..

[center][color=green]Ramadan Mubarak![/color]

[/center]

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Saffy wrote:
[
Ive started saying that too. Apparently if you say it 100x in one days, an ocean worth of your sins get forgiven... or something similar to that :S

'Whoever says: "Glory and praise be to Allah"one hundred times in a single day his sins would be erased even if they were like the waves of the sea' (Bukhari and Muslim).

TADAA!!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Joie de Vivre wrote:
[center][color=green]Ramadan Mubarak![/color]

Sweet.

mmm ladybird pakora...I mean MashaAllah.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

ladybird pakora? ew?!