TJ Winter talk

Jus outta interest, and becuz im not sure about it, is TJ Winter a "Salafi"?

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

No.

Listen to the talk. It's obvious he isn't.

Thas ok then, the thread starters name kinda gimme a different impression.

Long tym no hear from irfy,hows it goin sir?

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

And Salaf is not salafi either.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
And Salaf is not salafi either.

Lol

Took me a while to work that out.

My apologies brother Salaf.

"razor" wrote:

Long tym no hear from irfy,hows it goin sir?

It's er... going OK.

I hope you are well.

"salaf" wrote:

Very enlightening talk.

Just some points I picked up:
- for some Islam has become a way of being instead of a way of knowing.
- we are cultural guests in this country. Therefore we should behave like guests.
- an imam ranted and raved against the leaders of the state when the institutions of the state (the police) were standing guard to protect the mosque - such a paradox cannot be sustained.
- dawah by scruffy guys with bushy beards shouting and waving their arms in the air in town centres is not helpful, it puts people off.
- those who pray and do zikr in times of fitnah are as right as those who do active dawah in times of fitnah.
- elders do not allow young people to be involved in mosques because the youth adopt Arab ways and the elders cannot be sure that youth will carry on with traditions of 'back home'.
- mosques have become venues for two activites - 5 prayers and the beating of children.

Listen to the talk before you take issue with any of the points I have roughly picked out.

"irfghan" wrote:

- mosques have become venues for two activites - 5 prayers and the beating of children.

lol, gud.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salaf is not salafi??? :shock:

My bad, i apoligise.

"razor" wrote:

My bad, i apoligise.

It should not even matter.

Listen to what he has linked to. If you agree, you agree. If you disagree, you disagree.

If he was a Salafi, it does not mean that he is wrong. Nor does it mean he is right.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Med" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

lol, gud.

:shock:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Admin" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

My bad, i apoligise.

It should not even matter.

Listen to what he has linked to. If you agree, you agree. If you disagree, you disagree.

If he was a Salafi, it does not mean that he is wrong. Nor does it mean he is right.

Wow, did I touch a nerve admin? Calm down my usually civilised fellow revival dude.

I apoligised cuz i prejudged, not usually my trate, so i felt the need to apoligise, that ok admin? Sad

lol, sorry.

Just trying to stop an avenue being opened.

slightly too zealously.

However I have notices this attitude from some people that as an example if someone is shia, they must be wrong on everything.

(Not on the forums, but at work...)

My opinion is that we should listen to what people say, and then use or own brains.

Our firnds are just as likely to be right or wrong as our enemies.

My way of thinking is exactly the same admin, who am I to judge others, is how i feel.