Narnia Christian link played down

It's a very fair criticism - apart from the whole "secularize everything" movement I am sick of people doing a chop job with perfectly good literature.

Anybody see the Count of Monte Cristo from a while back?

[size=18]OH COMEON!!![/size]

Its a classic childs story book for goodness sake.

I grew up reading that and never once made the connection between that and Christianity. Heck i still didnt make the connection till i read that article.

Its silly people reading way way way too much into this. I've always thought that was a fantastic story... a really great book... a fantastic work of fiction... that is all. No religious symbolism whats so ever.

People only see religious symbolism if they're looking for it.

Its a sick sad world when literature gets banned for having too much religous symbolism in it... helloooo no one goes there to read the symbols only to be entertained ... in the most innocent way...

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
[size=18]OH COMEON!!![/size]

Its a classic childs story book for goodness sake.

I grew up reading that and never once made the connection between that and Christianity. Heck i still didnt make the connection till i read that article.

Its silly people reading way way way too much into this. I've always thought that was a fantastic story... a really great book... a fantastic work of fiction... that is all. No religious symbolism whats so ever.

People only see religious symbolism if they're looking for it.

Its a sick sad world when literature gets banned for having too much religous symbolism in it... helloooo no one goes there to read the symbols only to be entertained ... in the most innocent way...

I think its why i usually head for the closest wardrobe when playing hide and seek. Lol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Actually the religious symbolism was intentionally written into it... it's never been "in the closet" so to speak.

MY GOD THAT WAS BRILLIANT!

i read all the books i thought they were superb and kept me bewitched for hours i was 11 at the time and i can still remember there was something utterly majestic about Aslan and very symbolic of something familiar - something bigger then ordinary good and evil - so now i know it was all religious!

Seema! you're online!!

Yay!

lol yea Aslan represented Christ.

I cried when I was a little kid when he died...honestly I don't think anything will ever get close to the quality of the british performance on PBS a couple decades ago.

They nailed it