Are we allowed to Dance?

110 posts / 0 new
Last post

I attended a women's only Eid party a few nights ago. Most of the night consisted of dancing and taking pictures.

When my sisters/sister in law get married - I'm looking forward to having our women only dance parties during the henna nights.

Nowt wrong with dancing in halal environments during joyous occasions.

zdc wrote:
I guess it would be fine if done in the confines of ones own home without music. Kinda defeats the purpose does'nt it.

defeats the purpose of ... WHAT exactly

why wud u dance without music
u need music to dance
otherwise
u look like a muppet

[quote=zdc
Or for your husband, I would'nt mind my wife taking up pole dancing.[/quote]
yeah I bet u wouldn't!

U seem to be prim n proper for some things and a right perve in others

zdc wrote:
Or for your husband, I would'nt mind my wife taking up pole dancing.

Creep.

You wrote:
zdc wrote:
Geez, you're really messed up. Dance in the mosque of the prophet?? Please provide proof? Geez, I think you're jewish. I am quite sure like with everything else you will come up with nothing but garbage.

Careful with your fatwas there - some will get really offended at you calling ahadith garbage for it indeed is an offensive thing to say.

Imam Ahmad reports the following narration in his Musnad :

حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏عَبْدُ الصَّمَدِ ‏ ‏قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏حَمَّادٌ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏ثَابِتٍ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏أَنَسٍ ‏ ‏قَالَ ‏كَانَتْ ‏ ‏الْحَبَشَةُ ‏ ‏ يَزْفِنُونَ ‏ ‏بَيْنَ يَدَيْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏وَيَرْقُصُونَ وَيَقُولُونَ ‏ ‏مُحَمَّدٌ ‏ ‏عَبْدٌ صَالِحٌ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏مَا يَقُولُونَ قَالُوا يَقُولُونَ ‏ ‏مُحَمَّدٌ ‏ ‏عَبْدٌ صَالِحٌ

Anas ibn Maalik (radhiya Allahu ‘anhu) said that the Abyssinians danced in front of Rasulullah (SAWS) (sallalllahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) while saying “Muhammad is a Righteous Slave” (in ethiopian) upon which Rasulullah (SAWS) (sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam asked, “What are they saying?” And they responded in Arabic, “Muhummadun ‘Abdun Saalihun”.

Shaykh Shu’ayb Al Arna’ut states in his ta’liq of the Musnad Ahmad, “It is authentic, and all of the men are the two Sahihs except for Hammad ibn Salamah, and he is from the men of Imam Muslim.”

This narration is also reported from our mother ‘Aa’ishah (radhiya Allahu ‘anhaa) as follows,

قَالَ ‏ ‏حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ دَاوُدَ ‏ ‏قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا ‏ ‏عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ يَعْنِي ابْنَ أَبِي الزِّنَادِ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏أَبِيهِ ‏ ‏عَنْ ‏ ‏عَائِشَةَ ‏ ‏قَالَتْ ‏وَضَعَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ‏ ‏صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ‏ ‏ذَقْنِي عَلَى مَنْكِبَيْهِ لِأَنْظُرَ إِلَى ‏ ‏ زَفْنِ ‏ ‏الْحَبَشَةِ ‏ ‏حَتَّى كُنْتُ الَّتِي مَلِلْتُ فَانْصَرَفْتُ عَنْهُم

“‘Aa’ishah stated that Rasulullah (SAWS) put her cheek on his shoulder while looking at the Abyssinians dance…”4

The narration of Imam Muslim, however, has the words, “…on the day of ‘Eid in the Masjid…”. These narrations are proof that the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) allowed dancing in his presence. It further proves that one can dance while performing worship with the tongue and heart, as the Abyssinians were chanting “Muhammad is a Righteous Slave”, which is affirmation of the Prophethood, as well as the testimony of faith.

A hadith referenced in there I think is this, from a translation of :

Narrated 'Aisha:

Once I saw Allah's Apostle at the door of my house while some Ethiopians were playing in the mosque (displaying their skill with spears). Allah's Apostle was screening me with his Rida' so as to enable me to see their display. ('Urwa said that 'Aisha said, "I saw the Prophet and the Ethiopians were playing with their spears.")

So please be careful with your words when you call something garbage.

I am certainly not aware of these ahadith, I am referring them to mufti saab for clarification and explanation.

Jzk.

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

Lilly wrote:

the pole dancing, thats just gross!! i could start wearing a niqaab just so that you wont see me/wont consider me potential partner *shivers*
Blum 3

Why not? we could dance together, I have the perfect knickers for da job...

If my comment gets you to wear the niqaab, then I would consider myself as being fortunate, nothing in da world would make me happier.

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

s.b.f wrote:
zdc wrote:
Or for your husband, I would'nt mind my wife taking up pole dancing.

Creep.

Could you please think of something more creative... the creep line is only used by school gals. Unless you are one?

-Imam Al-Ghazali

1R4M wrote:
zdc wrote:
I guess it would be fine if done in the confines of ones own home without music. Kinda defeats the purpose does'nt it.

defeats the purpose of ... WHAT exactly

why wud u dance without music
u need music to dance
otherwise
u look like a muppet

U seem to be prim n proper for some things and a right perve in others

My point exactly.

Thanks for the compliment, women do all these funny things to make men perverted....

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Ugh! NOW im really running for my life!!!
you seem like the kind of guy only in those testimony books, you know the one im talking about? Where the woman managed to run away from this arranged/forced marriage and he talks about how her hubbie was SO nice and then he turned nasty.... *Shivers*
about wearing the niqaab, that would defeat the whole purpose...and i gota do it for God, not for some pervertish dude, n watch your words...muslim site here...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
Ugh! NOW im really running for my life!!!
you seem like the kind of guy only in those testimony books, you know the one im talking about? Where the woman managed to run away from this arranged/forced marriage and he talks about how her hubbie was SO nice and then he turned nasty.... *Shivers*
about wearing the niqaab, that would defeat the whole purpose...and i gota do it for God, not for some pervertish dude, n watch your words...muslim site here...

Duh, the niqaab is worn for the pleasure of allah to protect you from the straying gazes of perverted guys. You cannot seperate the two. It is like you stay away from alcohol and all the evils that go with it, for the pleasure of allah.

The many restrictions placed on muslims is for their own good, like not consuming alcohol, it saves a person from drunkardness, abuse of his wife and kids, obviously the physical harm etc.

Even salaat is for your own benefit, it purifies the soul, so ultimately it is all about self reformation and getting closer to allah by protecting yourself from the many worldly traps. A person cannot say I am not going to fast or read salaat because I am not really doing it for allah but because my parents or teachers are forcing me. You just have to correct your intention. There are two aspects the physical and the spiritual. eg if a person reads his salaah with the wrong intention he won't be questioned for not reading salaat, but why he read it with the wrong intention. I hope you get what I am saying.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Are you truying to say that the world need perverted guys so women will wear the niqaab??!!

anyway, its really hard to take you 'words of wisdom' seriously after all the perverted comments, you should do something abt that

Lilly wrote:
Are you truying to say that the world need perverted guys so women will wear the niqaab??!!

anyway, its really hard to take you 'words of wisdom' seriously after all the perverted comments, you should do something abt that

No, it's just to make sure they don't become perverted. It is this western influence and nakedness that has made men perverted. Imagine if you live in a Islamic country with strict shariah law, do you think men would be perverted?
No, they would never see any ghair mahram women and no evil thought will come to their minds. simple as a,b,c...

Do we need the west to tell us what is good for us, or do we accept the command of allah?

Common Lilly, don't be silly. I know you're better than that, I can sense it.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

zdc wrote:

If my comment gets you to wear the niqaab, then I would consider myself as being fortunate, nothing in da world would make me happier.

Manners. Why are you demanding perfection from women and then treating them like dirt?

Such behaviour will not be tolerated on this site.

Remember that you are a Muslim and act like (a good) one while on this site.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
zdc wrote:

Manners. Why are you demanding perfection from women and then treating them like dirt?

Such behaviour will not be tolerated on this site.

Remember that you are a Muslim and act like (a good) one while on this site.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, fire me.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Way to go admin!!!!!! 'Fire' him, he's asking for it!!!!!!

Lilly wrote:
Way to go admin!!!!!! 'Fire' him, he's asking for it!!!!!!

So any voice you don't like you silence?? Pity your husband.

They can fire me, then you'll see how boring this forum will become, you'll actually miss me. Besides this forum is quite boring anyway, the most amount of members online at any one time is like 4 or 5, one is normally the editor. Not the biggest or the best forum in da world you know.

I have been kicked off forums before, I am currently on temporary suspension on another, can't wait to go back and kick butt...

Many people unfortunatly, like yourself, just can't stand the truth.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

zdc wrote:
I guess it would be fine if done in the confines of ones own home without music. Kinda defeats the purpose does'nt it. Or for your husband, I would'nt mind my wife taking up pole dancing.

You will mind when she falls on her head and is paralysd from the neck down.

Find a girl who will agree to marrying you first and then see if she'll agree to pole dancing.

Euh... Talking to me? I really tried to be nice, you just pushes me. You asked to be fired, bu most probably you wont be, admin has allowed worse.. So you get kiks out of setting fire on forum, i see you're not here for serious talk, even though you've gt good points. You're not being fair. Fairness is one of my most important value. Do i think you're a jerk? Im not sure, its jus that therespect i have for you is really low at the moment.

Letters wrote:
zdc wrote:
I guess it would be fine if done in the confines of ones own home without music. Kinda defeats the purpose does'nt it. Or for your husband, I would'nt mind my wife taking up pole dancing.

Find a girl who will agree to marrying you first and then see if she'll agree to pole dancing.

Who say's I am not married?

-Imam Al-Ghazali

zdc wrote:
Letters wrote:
zdc wrote:

Lol

zdc wrote:
Letters wrote:
zdc wrote:

Me.

Lilly wrote:
Euh... Talking to me? I really tried to be nice, you just pushes me. You asked to be fired, bu most probably you wont be, admin has allowed worse.. So you get kiks out of setting fire on forum, i see you're not here for serious talk, even though you've gt good points. You're not being fair. Fairness is one of my most important value. Do i think you're a jerk? Im not sure, its jus that the respect i have for you is really low at the moment.

In all fairness, it's not just u I push,
It's kinda nice to go against the mainstream, think out of the box, don't just agree with what everyone else says, unless ofcourse it makes sense and is in compliance with the quran, hadith and shariah.
Is it necessary to always be serious on forums? I don't remember reading that anywhere.
I try to be fair whenever possible, atleast you don't think I'm a jerk, I can live with that. Thanx.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Letters wrote:
zdc wrote:
Letters wrote:
zdc wrote:

Me.

Yeah right, read my mind right now?? better still which finger am I holding up?

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Lilly wrote:
zdc wrote:
Letters wrote:
zdc wrote:

Lol

What's so funny?

-Imam Al-Ghazali

zdc wrote:

Duh, the niqaab is worn for the pleasure of allah to protect you from the straying gazes of perverted guys. You cannot seperate the two. It is like you stay away from alcohol and all the evils that go with it, for the pleasure of allah.

I dont recall a verse saying women need to wear the niqaab

besides
its a fact
that in countries or places where the veil is prominent and women arent seen or heard, many men resort to haram things, such as homosexual behaviour to release their urges
also
when a woman wears a niqaab
more men are gonna be trying to imagine whats underneath

either way
u cant win

1R4M wrote:
zdc wrote:

I dont recall a verse saying women need to wear the niqaab

besides
its a fact
that in countries or places where the veil is prominent and women arent seen or heard, many men resort to haram things, such as homosexual behaviour to release their urges
also
when a woman wears a niqaab
more men are gonna be trying to imagine whats underneath

either way
u cant win

At least you won't be contributing to the problem would u.
So because you can't win you rather have them fantasizing about you?

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Whats funny? The idea of you being married.
i dont think you're a jerk, but its gueting close. Nobody is serious here all the time. Dyou think we would love that site so much if it was always serious? There's a BIG gap between serious and perverted/rude. Stand anywhere in that gap and everything on that level will be fine.

Lilly wrote:
Whats funny? The idea of you being married.
i dont think you're a jerk, but its gueting close. Nobody is serious here all the time. Dyou think we would love that site so much if it was always serious? There's a BIG gap between serious and perverted/rude. Stand anywhere in that gap and everything on that level will be fine.

Do you think nobody would marry may? It may come as a surprise to you, but I have had a fair share of women trying their luck with me, flirting or whatever you wanna call it. So I think I am quite eligible.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

Please dont tell me abt that...
maybe you havent showed them your wife/women hater side? Or the pervert side?
i also think you busted all your chances with the girls on this site

Lilly wrote:
Please dont tell me abt that...
maybe you havent showed them your wife/women hater side? Or the pervert side?
i also think you busted all your chances with the girls on this site

In real life, I am perverted in a charming way, but that's not a discussion for this forum. So SHOOOOshh.

I could charm dem gals on this site in a whiz, that is if I wanted too.... but obviously don't.

-Imam Al-Ghazali

:roll:

Pages