No more World Cup for another 4 years...

...who is excited?

Although, I have to admit there wasn't so much hyping up this year. Maybe because England didn't do so well.

Last match for years:

Spain vs Holland.

I don't care who wins to be honest

what about you guys?

wouah! that is one boring final....

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

has it already started?

OH MY GOD! One is going to have to wait another 4 years! How will one fill one´s time!

Don´t worry everyone. There´s loads of trivia available to fill your time for the next 4 years. Cricket, bars, nightclubs, movies, celebrities, prostitutes, pubs, sports...

I´m a little surprised most of these topics don´t also have their own threads to be discussed here. I´m sure you can find spurious and fabricated stuff to justify doing all of them!

Lilly wrote:

These are possibly the two most exciting teams ever to play in a World Cup final and I am more excited about it than any World Cup game ever that didn't feature England. Spain was just totally jamming when they played an overly disciplined Germany and we all love Holland and their experimental and aggressive formations; as you can see I don't belong in a bookies but you are going to eat those words.

Anonymous1 wrote:
OH MY GOD! One is going to have to wait another 4 years! How will one fill one´s time!

Don´t worry everyone. There´s loads of trivia available to fill your time for the next 4 years. Cricket, bars, nightclubs, movies, celebrities, prostitutes, pubs, sports...

I´m a little surprised most of these topics don´t also have their own threads to be discussed here. I´m sure you can find spurious and fabricated stuff to justify doing all of them!

or posting on forums in order to gain attention...

Quick get the jabs in before the final is over and people lose attention - you can't have a go at them then for this!

I have been asked by more than one person if you are actually real (and wether you really are a Muslim as you claim to be). I will let you answer those question if you so wish.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lilly wrote:

I remember saying that at some point, that is will be a snoozefest.

(lets hope it still is/was - I never watched it.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Do you know?

I feel like watching the finals.

Only because I saw a facebook status about how someone is stocking up food for the match. I can't remember the last time I stocked up food to watch telly. And that is my incentive.

wait, isn't it over yet?

:oops:

You wrote:
wait, isn't it over yet?

:oops:

Apparently not Smile

Ocean wrote:
Who won?

I was thinking the very same thing.

Spain with yet another lame 1-0 win.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ocean wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
THE END

Alhamdulillah!

Lol

Holland would have been a lot worse off if it wasn't for some amazing saves. They slightly disgraced themselves. The ref got into brandishing yellow cards very early but there was a clear case for an early red - an outright studs up lunge at Alonso's chest - that might well have cleaned up the game, and then again might have led to a 5-a-side final. That would have been exciting, and anyway the right way to play it. On balance his decisions and bookings were very hit and miss. Proper dirty game though.

Spain were hot. The Dutch "Total Football" technique that has players rushing to fill vacant or opportune positions descended into an obstructive foul-fest, and Spain weren't entirely on their best behaviour but played a fluid and exciting passing and attacking game.

I thought it was a great match, but only just, and Spain deservedly won the World Cup and we don't know our collective footballing arse from our elbow. All of my predictions were wrong. scuppered by Holland. Wink

I hear there is an octopus for sale...