:o no boys?!

It's just hit me, that there are No boys on therevival. Or very very few (I'm not sure what Funzo is, lol. Or anon really. No offence) but yeah no

there are older guys like at uni and older level
and there are young and older females

So why do you think there are no teenage boys on here?
Co-incidence?
The state of humanity?
CoD?

Funzo is a boy
lol at CoD

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Funzo is not a boy funzo is man.. 18 to be precise.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

MakeMeRawr_7TeenF wrote:
So why do you think there are no teenage boys on here?

They've grown up.......

funzo is a boy, same age as my baby brother lol

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

maybe they are out on the street chatting up girls? or "jamming" with their "crew"? Guys dont spend much time online do they?

personally im being EXTREMELY stereotypical. i have no english boys on my msn/fb and i know no english boy. (OMG! i dont know any boy! Shok quite shocking...) so you cant really take my words.

but that is a real good question.

i think CoD is definitely the answer.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Im a teenage boy
i dont chat up girls
i dont play COD
i dont spend all my time at home revising
i dont go clubbing/drinking
i dont smoke weed
i think im the exception to the stereotype
I think allah that i exist! Smile

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Are you sure you;re a boy then?

and yes, this place has always had many more females than males on board. I think.

A part of it may be that females are mpore curious about islam, may be more likely to want to form a community and also may also prefer the less combative environment that this place presents.

(Saying that, there was a time when this place was very combative, but still I think there have always been more females than males... just current ratios for newish members are totally skewed to the extent that there are very few new male members.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

A part of it may be that females are mpore curious about islam, may be more likely to want to form a community and also may also prefer the less combative environment that this place presents.

Psychoanalyst.

Funzo wrote:
Im a teenage boy

you're contradicting yourself! you said you were a "man".

Just goes to show doesnt it...

Yh iv noticed it aswel that there seen to be alot less guys on here, I think it's that guys don't really go online for Reading forums and that, well teenage guys anyway, perhaps more into fb'ing and msn which is all gd aswel tho...yet there's something for everyone in the forum topics it's not all Islam related posts,...maybe teenage guys just ain't into currents events etc tha are normally forum topict about.

Lilly wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Im a teenage boy

you're contradicting yourself! you said you were a "man".

Just goes to show doesnt it...

Lol

Girls from Muslim families tend to be kept inside at home in comparison to boys.

Simple as?

Plus, buys tend to have more of an interest in other parts of the internet than girls....

Don't just do something! Stand there.

erm i dont think thts true anymore ya'qub. i mean even when i was at 16+ and uni things were changing. muslim girls would stay out just as much as guys. i was never into late nights, but i wouldnt run home straight after class. i'd do anything to avoid going home. home was just a place to eat and sleep, at least to me. id do afterschool sports clubs, help teachers out with afterschool classes..yeah yeah teachers pet. after uni go to eat dinner with mates, pretend i missed a train, yes i know i sinned. But i didnt do anything more harmless than that..

i;m sure today muslim girls have even more freedom, maybe even get parents permission to do this sort of stuff.

i think young boys on net will be more interested in playing games,movies, or chatting up girls. older boys may be interested in deeni issues but i reckon they are on other forums which tend to target older ppl. the revival is for younger ppl right? Since im over over 25 im no longer youth, but im here lol

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
erm i dont think thts true anymore ya'qub. i mean even when i was at 16+ and uni things were changing. muslim girls would stay out just as much as guys. i was never into late nights, but i wouldnt run home straight after class. i'd do anything to avoid going home. home was just a place to eat and sleep, at least to me. id do afterschool sports clubs, help teachers out with afterschool classes..yeah yeah teachers pet. after uni go to eat dinner with mates, pretend i missed a train, yes i know i sinned. But i didnt do anything more harmless than that..

i;m sure today muslim girls have even more freedom, maybe even get parents permission to do this sort of stuff.

i think young boys on net will be more interested in playing games,movies, or chatting up girls. older boys may be interested in deeni issues but i reckon they are on other forums which tend to target older ppl. the revival is for younger ppl right? Since im over over 25 im no longer youth, but im here lol

hmmm...

even among more 'religious' young people, there are far more classes/talks/space for brothers rather than sisters, so online seems to be easier if someone is in search of islamic knowledge/companionship.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

when at uni, after lectures i would generally go straight home :oops:

even among more 'religious' young people, there are far more classes/talks/space for brothers rather than sisters, so online seems to be easier if someone is in search of islamic knowledge/companionship.

Another reason for more women to be participating than men.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salaam i tell you why there are no teenagers in here cos there all on facebook..lols

Its true and i been putting your webpage info oud there for young people to read such a magnificent magazine but they havent yet joined...... Sad

Anyway i will start promoting your magazines next ime going to order a bundle of them and start distributing maybe then they may read some of the article, my sister picked up my magazine of revival once and since then she really likes it she found the Ali and Jamil so funny ,

There is a lot of useful info and they could do a lot more on here if only the youngsters knew!!

I think the editor of this mag should try to promote it a bit more in a BIG way and really become the voice of the younger generation invite people on do competitions etc enrol mor youngsters... Guys come on....

Islam is not all strict it,s okay to chill bt just without the intoxications guys!!!!!lols Smile

Thankyou for reading i will be comming on regularly and to give you ideas n encouragement i really like this mag well done keep the good work up...

Thankyou

Zarinarose

zarinarose

Hajjar wrote:

glad to have you here, just imagine ME being the eldest on this website, that would be havoc with a capital H or catastrophe, or doom or tragedy Blum 3

A well mixed balance of Young-wannabees and Old-wannabees, cancels out and does all that chemistry/maths stuff to make "the Revival"

//Islam is not all strict it,s okay to chill bt just without the intoxications guys!!!!!lols//

Opposite of strictness isn't chilling - it's lenient.

Chilling is usually little more than doing nothing or doing trivia - glamourisedand and encouraged as a lifestyle for societies where the purpose of life is to have fun, enjoy oneself...

A little out of place in Islam no doubt... our lives are pourposeful and we strive to achieve those purposes... rather than wasting our lives in fruitless activities and trivia..

Anonymous1 wrote:
//Islam is not all strict it,s okay to chill bt just without the intoxications guys!!!!!lols//

Chilling is usually little more than doing nothing or doing trivia - glamourisedand and encouraged as a lifestyle for societies where the purpose of life is to have fun, enjoy oneself...

A little out of place in Islam no doubt... our lives are pourposeful and we strive to achieve those purposes... rather than wasting our lives in fruitless activities and trivia..

And that's what makes you such fun to be around.

Anonymous2 wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

And that's what makes you such fun to be around.

I'm not here to provide you with fun - it is neither the purpose of my life nor necessary.

However, such comments are quite illuminating as to your purpose in life... and add weight to my earlier observation that we abosrb foreign ideological influences often without realising it...

Anonymous1 wrote:
I'm not here to provide you with fun - it is neither the purpose of my life nor necessary.

Wow, quite the statement there!

You wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

Wow, quite the statement there!

Smile

I've noticed people are quite confused, right down to the aqeedah level! Just because societal propaganda promotes and gives importance to fun and discourages seriousness, talk of death - doom and gloom etc doesn't make it right.

My reading of seerah (pretty much all of the classical ones) leaves me with the distinct impression the Prophet(saw) and the companions were not into fun - they were serious people on a mission to reorient the world to worship Allah... all for the sake of pleasing Allah and not themselves!

there are ahadith where they relaxed, where they joked etc.

It is the Jewish faith where some of the niceties in life were banned, not Islam - the qur'an tells us to proclaim and celebrate the blessings and mercies that have been provided to us.

Well said!! Ime wirh you for that one! You are absolutely right.... Our Prophet Mohammed(may Allah,s peace and blessings be Upn Him) Loved jokeing with his companions, he liked having a laugh, he was not serious all the time, how so many people make him out to be... Allah,s Apostle never forgot the meaning of his mission, he carried on with his duties with a smile on his face... Ameean!!!

Prophet Mohammmed(may Allah,s peace and Blessings be Upon Him) was a true Teacher for us all if only we followed his true examples, i know we can never be like him nobody can., bt at least we can try if everyone tried in thier own way, The world would be a better place... INSHALLAH ISLAM WILL SUCCEED!!!!

AMEEEN

Zarinarose

zarinarose

You wrote:
there are ahadith where they relaxed, where they joked etc.

It is the Jewish faith where some of the niceties in life were banned, not Islam - the qur'an tells us to proclaim and celebrate the blessings and mercies that have been provided to us.

Even the most serious of people relax, joke... the ahadith you cite (in the chillaxing forum) are not relevant to the discussion as they do not provide substantitation of a mode of living or a disposition - just isolated traditions that permit laughing or joking.

What I'm talking about is an outlook, an attitude, a disposition - the Prophet's disposition/outlook/attitude nor that of the companions was of fun, joking, involvement in trivia... that is a key characteristic of western secularism - everything has to be fun! Next time you ask someone about their holiday - you'll notice the tagline "but it was fun" or "I enjoyed it" in there somewhere. Ask them about their work, illness, about a trip, about a movie... That's the point of their life!

Ask a Muslim who has some understanding and you'll normally notice "alhumdulillah" or "inshallah" - rarely will they mention that it was fun, enjoyable... One notices the same when one ACTUALLY reads the seerah, goes through all the traditions, rarely do the words fun or enjoyment come into them!

Ask a confused Muslim, you'll see a cross between the two...

Anonymous1 wrote:

? :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Anonymous1 wrote:
Ask a Muslim who has some understanding and you'll normally notice "alhumdulillah" or "inshallah" - rarely will they mention that it was fun, enjoyable... One notices the same when one ACTUALLY reads the seerah, goes through all the traditions, rarely do the words fun or enjoyment come into them!

the qur'an uses the word "fal yafrahoo" which translates to be happy/make happiness/celebrate.

"alhamdulillah" is an utterance. It does NOT mean that people did not enjoy it. you are not taking into account a different age, a different language where things will not always 100% translate into english and more, much can be said implicitly, which you seem to reject out of hand if it does not suit you.

(There is also the issue that books of seerah and more will generally concentrate on events instead of non events... if you write about what you have done recently, you will give more importance to events and actions than to down time.)

I also started a new topic: that may be interesting to you. The quoted section and the article itself also mention acts of enjoyment.

You wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

the qur'an uses the word "fal yafrahoo" which translates to be happy/make happiness/celebrate.

As I said, they occur - occassionally or infrequently or rarely!

You wrote:
"alhamdulillah" is an utterance. It does NOT mean that people did not enjoy it. you are not taking into account a different age, a different language where things will not always 100% translate into english and more, much can be said implicitly, which you seem to reject out of hand if it does not suit you.

Time/place is irrelevant to a certain philosophy - hedonism goes back to the greeks as do notions of short life/maximise enjoyment+pleasure.

You appear to think the Islamic philosophy permits any philosophy by picking one ayat or a couple of hadiths. It doesn't! It has a distinct outlook and creates distinct dispositions in those who follow it - the dispositions of Muslims has never been that everything should be fun - let's not talk about death as it is non-fun doom and gloom! Raise the latter topic with any kuffar student at university in the west and see the reaction!

You wrote:
(There is also the issue that books of seerah and more will generally concentrate on events instead of non events...

Oh sorry - they seemed to have missed out all the fun bits! How do you know? Well they've not documented it so it must be missing!!! What nonsense!

You wrote:
I also started a new topic: that may be interesting to you. The quoted section and the article itself also mention acts of enjoyment.

Citing a few texts that permit someone to joke and laugh is irrelevant. As I said, all Muslims will do that at some point even those who are very serious - I have yet to meet a Muslim who does not do that at all.
Provide evidence that such a fun/enjoyment/trivial disposition or lifestyle is what Islam, the Prophet(saw) or his companions(ra) practiced or encouraged...that is what I am flagging as a lifestyle resulting from a secular pleasure seeking ideology...

the hadiths about kissing your kids. The one about guetting married to a virgin so as to enjoy each other's company. When the prophet (pbuh) races with Aisha. All of these are examples of "fun".

If they are text about being allowed to joke and laugh then surely it means that the problem allowed it. or are you saying that laughing/joking is different to fun? If yes, how do you define "fun"
or are you saying that we shouldnt have our life based around fun, but have fun based here and there in our life. i dont think many people have "fun" at the center part of their life.

im not making assumptions, im genuinely questionning.

Pages