Are you Paranoid yet?

Quote:

£3m 'anti-terror' CCTV cameras 'set up to spy on Muslims' to be covered

The 218 cameras have sprung up in Birmingham’s Washwood Heath and Sparkbrook areas – to the outrage of residents who say they were not asked.

They have been paid for with £3million from the Association of Chief Police Officers’ terror and allied matters fund. None of them will be used until a public consultation exercise has taken place.

Rodger Godsiff, Lab­our MP for Hall Green, said: ‘Police have got themselves into a bit of a hole now because they have a difficult problem to explain to the public and try and get them on their side.

.‘If the money did not come out of a counter-terrorism budget they may have got a different reaction.’

The Respect Party’s Sparkbrook councillor Salma Yaqoob said: ‘In terms of reassurance it’s going to take a lot more than plastic bags.’

The police say the cameras are there to fight all types of crime.

Tags: 

i might be if i lived around there...

talk about discrimination :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

That news article is just a little bit late - the publicly viewables ones (not the hidden ones) have had . I wonder if they were clear bags...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think this is a case of where they've just been caught.

Whose to say they dont do this more covertly already in other places.

i don't think it's violating our privacy tbh, i mean they're being put up PUBLIC places so if you don't want to be seen doing something you won't do it out there anyway. Even the secret ones are just like any other CCTV's. But the fact that they're only in certain place which are heavily populated with Muslims is just wrong.

I wouldn't care to much if i was being watched; not like i do anything dodgy. But it is about the principles.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

why?

I live in the ghetto this wont affect me!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:

:S wont or will?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Funzo wrote:

:S wont or will?

wont in the ghetto cameras get broken..

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...