Two months til Ramadan

Anyone looking forward to it or dreading it especially?

We are not either in rajab or almost in it - one of the four sacred months.

Narrated Abu Bakra:

The Prophet said. "(The division of time has turned to its original form which was current when Allah created the Heavens and the Earths. The year is of twelve months, out of which four months are sacred: Three are in succession Dhul-Qa' da, Dhul-Hijja and Muharram, and (the fourth is) Rajab of (the tribe of) Mudar which comes between Jumadi-ath-Thaniyah and Sha ban."

ramadhan in summer is hard enough going without food and water, but going without a loved one who used to keep family spirit alive that is going to be really testing.

im not dreading ramadhan itself just how im going to deal with my emotions. i hope everyone has a fruitful Ramadhan, and if ur with parents please cherish the moment.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Inshallah the passing of time will make things easier for you.

I am still not really aware of Ramadan.. but I doubt it will be easy and last year I wanted it over with, but it took a whole thirty (or twentynine) days...

Generally I think I dread Ramadan. It plays havoc with timetables.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Generally I think I dread Ramadan. It plays havoc with timetables.

how?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

eating and sleeping at different times

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Not a major problem for people who don't work full-time, such as myself.

Anyway, it's a tiny sacrifice for so much reward.

MuslimBro wrote:
ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Not a major problem for people who don't work full-time, such as myself.

Anyway, it's a tiny sacrifice for so much reward.

yep, ofcourse

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ramadan brings in itself a whole new schedule and timetable, which makes it all the more memorable. it also "forces" you to be more "religious" and i LOVE that. plus i think the length is just right. shorter and we wouldnt get to enjoy it to the full, longer and lots of people would give up on it.

when we spend 10 months at school and we cant give just 1 month to God....

This Ramadan, we've decided ( i think) to have dinner straight away and not have all those snack things (bajja, etc..) and not have those massive sehri where loading and unloading the table takes longer than the actual eating. Hopefully this should enable us to actually LOOSE or keep our weight, instead of gaining some >.<

I'm using this topic as a "ramadan 2010" kinda thing.

found this in an email

Ibn Qudamaah Al Maqdasi (d.529H) said: 'There are three levels of fasting, the general fast, the specific fast and the more specific fast. As for the general fast, it is the restraining of one’s stomach and private parts from fulfilling their desires.

The specific fast is the refraining of ones gaze, tongue, hands, feet, hearing and eyes, as well as the rest of one’s body parts from committing sinful acts. As for the more specific fast, it is the heart’s abstention from its yearning for the worldly objects and the thoughts which distance one away from Allah, as well as its (the heart’s) abstention from all the things that Allah has placed at the same level...

...So a good believer knows the objective behind fasting. Therefore, he burdens himself to the extent that he will not be unable to do that which is more beneficial than that.'

{taken from the book Mukhtasar Minhaajul-Qaasideen}

A few days to go now.

best approach is to look forward to it.

otherwise it will be a drag.

Insha'allah, all the best for everyone.

wise words coming from thy mouth Sully, very wise words.

Everybody have a great time!

Ok, so the first fast of Ramadan is either tomorrow or the day after.

Looking forward to it?

Even though Eid can technically potentially on on 9/11, I have been told that it most like will not be - it is more likely to be on 10 September.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think I have some work to do this ramadan.

I need to become a better person.

While I do have some semblance of patience, I need to start to enjoy it and become more appreciative too.

and while slacking is nice, on the religious side I have probably gone way way way too far and need to turn around there.

Will I do any of that? No idea.

You wrote:

While I do have some semblance of patience, I need to start to enjoy it and become more appreciative too.

and while slacking is nice, on the religious side I have probably gone way way way too far and need to turn around there.

Will I do any of that? Yes.

You wrote:

Will I do any of that? No idea.

i really really hope you do!! Smile

Has anyone tried looking for teh moon?

I have got a google skymap on my phone where I had a look around in the sky to see where abouts the moon is currently... on the app it was shaded in black...

and I neer saw it with my eyes either since... well... I was indoors and there was a brick wall in the way. (Currently it is putting the moon at almost crossing the horizon, so it wont be visible soon anyway.)

It is sunah to look for the moon I think.