Spain worse than Iran

European country found to be worse than Iran for press freedoms.

its now offical. when it comes to free speech, Iran is better than europe. look at the list below. media's own experts claim that spain is worse than iran when it comes to banning journalists from reporting news. finally the official watchdog admits the truth.

Quote:
Page last updated at 11:25 GMT, Monday, 3 May 2010 12:25 UK

[b]Media watchdog group names freedom "predators"[/b]

Media watchdog group Reporters Without Borders has named the leaders of China, Russia and Rwanda as some of the world's worst "predators of freedom".

The report, marking World Press Freedom Day, lists what the Paris-based group regards as the 40 worst offenders against the freedom of the press.

[b]'PREDATORS'[/b]

Offences against press freedom:

Russia
China
Saudi Arabia
Cuba
Rwanda
Libya
Spain
Sri Lanka
Iran
Italy

North Korea's leader Kim Jong-il and the head of Burma's military government Than Shwe, are also on the list.

Mexico is named as among the most dangerous countries for journalists.

Sixty-two journalists have been killed in Mexico over the last decade.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has "promoted a climate of pumped-up national pride that encourages the persecution of dissidents and freethinkers", the report contends.

The Basque separate group Eta in Spain and criminal gangs in Italy are also said to have threatened journalists.

Israeli Defence Forces have physically injured at least 33 Palestinian journalists, the report says. Palestinian militant group Hamas is also criticised.

The report accuses Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa's brother, Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, of condoning attacks on journalists.

To mark World Press Freedom Day, however, President Rajapaksa ordered the release of a journalist who was sentenced to 20 years in prison on terrorism charges.

Tamil journalist JS Tissainayagam had been convicted on the basis of articles he wrote which the government said incited racial hatred.

Political tension is rising in Rwanda ahead of elections due in August and investigative journalist Robert Mukomboz was thrown out of the country for criticising President Paul Kagame.

"The president's office would try to dictate what I'm supposed to write, would even want to dictate the headlines, and would go to the extent of trying to draft the story for me and include my by-line," he told the BBC's World Today programme.

Reporters Without Borders has removed several Iraqi Islamist groups from the list, arguing that, while violence remains high, journalists are no longer being singled out.

why do you think west always blames muslims and islamic nations for restricting tv and press.

why do you think they turn a blind eyes to their own back yard like spain and italy and switzerland when they commit the same crimes.

why the double standards?

i say EU should clean up its act before pointing its filty dirty kafir fingers to Islamic Revolution. its just hypocrites who just hate islam. they always make up lies to put muslims down but Allah is already making islam spread in west through hundreds of convertions every year.

please give your opinions on this issue of freedon of expression and freedom of media.

Spanish and Italian journalists face difficulties because of criminal elements in their societies. Other countries face difficulties because of their societies's governments. There's a big difference.

malik wrote:
i say Islamic countries should clean up its act before pointing its filty dirty munafiq fingers to EU.

Hey, we agree malik!

The difference being that as Britons we have a stake in the future of Britain.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i understood your point Treadstone.

Tread Softly wrote:

Spanish and Italian journalists face difficulties while reporting from Rome and Madrid because of criminal governments in those european countries.

hey, we agree Tread Softly.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Malik, who are you going to vote for?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Prime Minister Cameron of course.

i think it was Ayatollah Kashani who supposed to have said Cameron is good for Palestinians and bad news for Israel. Therefore im voting anti-jewish Cameron. he is going to destroy their immoral state of Israel. You watch.

Lanat on Labour.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".