Independence

How independent do you like to be?

Why?

Do you like relying on others?

Do people rely on you?

Do you like them to?

Independent as in i don't like being told what to do, i just want my way and leave it at that.

apart from living with parents.....i dont like to rely on friends or extended family unless i really have to and there is no other alternative.

ermmmm people rely on me sometimes when it comes to doing uni related work and brothers rely on me to do this n that but i guess that comes with being and older sibling.

i don't mind people relying on me as long as it's not on extreme short notice but i dont like it when i get the feeling of being used.

Humans are social creatures so no hukan interaction is probably a bad thing. Getting help when you are down is a strength not a weakness.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

So what if your moves were questioned? How does that hinder independence? Whoever goes through life without being questioned?

Everyone relies on someone or other. My question was whether you liked it.

I also never asked whether people liked you or not. I asked if you liked people relying on you.

I generally dislike people relying on me.

As for being questioneeld, it probably depends on the form it takes. I kmlnow I have pulled out o doing perfectly nrmal things due to "questions".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You would back out of things because you were questioned?!

Yes. because I don't always want to explain etc.

Is there any particular reason why you are making spelling errors?

:S

Doesn't seem normal.

I thought I made them all the time... but I must admit I remember making less recently.

You wrote:

As for being questioneeld, it probably depends on the form it takes. I kmlnow I have pulled out o doing perfectly nrmal things due to "questions".

Less?

More you mean? Blum 3

ok, paying less attention while they are being typed.

Beside, that quoted post was done off my phone on the bus to work. I think.

You wrote:

Beside, that quoted post was done off my phone on the bus to work. I think.

Nooooooooooooo!

This is the rule for sitting on the bus: 'Stare out of the window.'

I do that too, but I also need to delete the daily spammers spam and that normally provides a good opportunity.

I consider myself fairely independent...but I also don't have a problem with acting less independent than I actually am, to make other people feel important.

One thing I find kind of sad is when I see really REALLY old, frail people getting on the bus by themselves, carrying a lot of bags etc.

On the one hand its great that they have the confidence to do so. However I feel that in western culture, being independent in all circumstances is considered a virtue, (and it is, to a degree) but like 'You' said, asking for help when you need it is a strength, not a weakness. And I feel its sad that a very elderly person should feel they are a burden on their own families and feel its better to 'be independent', it becomes a matter of pride. But I kind of feel people who have elderly parents (that they are fully able to care for), should see it as their duty, and the elderly parent should feel its their childrens duty, and thats nothing to be ashamed of. So, I guess theres a stigma associated with lack of being independent, but the young and the elderly shouldnt be of those who fall into this category.

The other opinion is that when old people lose their mobility, they die.

I doubt these individuals want to be cooped up 24/7.

Sure, I just think there should be people with them when theyre out and about, esp if theyre quite frail, not that they should be immobile.