perfume/ aftershave

this is one topic im not always 100% about.

i usually wear normal perfume. i heard a scholar say on, i think the islam channel, might have been GEO, cant remember, that it is ok to wear perfume and still read namaz, because the alcohol will evaporate in the air before contact with skin.

but, he said, it may not all go, so it would be better not to wear it before namaz for peace of mind.

what are your views on this?

Salam

Somehow I don't think that women like her wear perfume only to please the Arch Angel Gabriel.

Omrow

Assalamu Alaikum,

I think you need to figure out if perfumes containing alcohol are permissible for use, before tackling the validity of your prayers.

It depends what school of thght you follow and how strongly you feel. Personally I avoid them.

I found you a good Q&A that will help you out. Basically it boils down to whether you believe synthetic alcohols are pure or impure for external use. The Hanafi school permits it for external use, and necessary medical use when there are no other alternatives. But then there are students of the Imam who disagree with this opinion. You'll have to decide for yourself.

Ref:

i agree wiv yashmaki

alot of people say alot of different things

i think its 4 u to decide

try attar Smile alcohol free versions of ur fave perfumes, I got a few of em, they r really nice.

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

A lot of ppl think itrs are exclusively for muslims. But throughout china, middle east, rome, india, etc they are popular. More commonly known as perfume oils. It's the most pure form of a fragrance.

What we know as perfumes in department stores are actually perfume oils or itrs which have alcohol and water added to them. These are just marketing ploys to make the fragrance more potent to the consumer. But the potency is fake, and only lasts for an hour or a few minutes.

Itrs on the other hand can last for days. It's the real deal, nothing fake about it, completely pure.

theres this one my muum got from Saudi, I think its white musk... WOW :shock: smells niceeeeeeeeeee, nearly finished tho Sad

"fizzy1" wrote:
where can i get them from?

thats what i was going to ask

from Islamic bookshops, some Islamic conferences/talks (if they have stalls, then they shld have an attar stand Biggrin ) OR u coukd always ask someone 2 get you some from saudi.

"Princess_Of_Terror" wrote:
from Islamic bookshops, some Islamic conferences/talks (if they have stalls, then they shld have an attar stand Biggrin ) OR u coukd always ask someone 2 get you some from saudi.

any in manchester?

i was going to have a look on wilmslow road.

rolex books should have some right?

actually my mum just said my uncle gave us some when he came back from hajj and she said it lasts for days

I'm not sure about manchester :? Im from London, but they should have them in Islamic shops

"fizzy1" wrote:

what are your views on this?

my mufti ibrahim desai (damat barakatuhum) view is:

1. Q: Is it permissible to use a perfume, deodorant, etc. which contains alcohol, and if so, can one perform Salaat without washing it off?

A: It is not permissible to use deodorants that contain alcohol from grapes or date extracts. Such perfumes are impure and Salaat with it is invalid. However, if the alcohol is synthetic, it is pure and permissible to use. Salaat without washing off such perfumes will be valid. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to differentiate between genuine and synthetic alcohol. Thus, to be on the safe side, one should rather prefer using deodorants and perfumes that are labelled as ?alcohol-free?, especially when such perfumes are easily available.
(Mufti M Saeed Motara; Azaadville)

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

theres this one my muum got from Saudi, I think its white musk... WOW :shock: smells niceeeeeeeeeee, nearly finished tho Sad

white musk is nice, EVEN the 1 from body shop love it.

"naj" wrote:

white musk is nice, EVEN the 1 from body shop love it.

yea also, organza alcohol free is good and ralph lauren romance Biggrin

i wonder if anyone else likes cool water ere? d&G is nasty.

i dunno abt this fashion perfumes. white musk i knw, mushk qasturi i knw, oudh, ambar, i knw.

Personally I prefer the real deal, even some itrs are diluted particulalry the cheap 2 pound ones. Al Hajr al aswad mashaALLAH is nice aswell.

I mentioned before that in pak u can get one called raat ki rani, and one called din ka raja. Thats sweet innit.

If I buy din ka raja, then I wonder if any1 will buy raat ki rani?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

funny, med keep dreaming

"naj" wrote:

[b]my[/b] mufti ibrahim desai (damat barakatuhum) view is:

mine too

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

lol..weird names inneh...i wouldnt buy it no...someone will hav ta buy it for me

"naj" wrote:

lol..weird names inneh...i wouldnt buy it no...someone will hav ta buy it for me

whose asking u to buy it, naj?
lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

u were wondering if any1 will buy it and i answered no pagal.

"naj" wrote:
u were wondering if any1 will buy it and i answered no pagal.

lol, i aint pagal, ur pagal. No1 mentioned YOU in the post, why did YOU feel YOU had to respond, naj?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

so what if i answered eh? what ya tryin ta say eh?, i answered coz i felt like it pagal...if someone else answered wud u say same to dem?

what u got AGAINST me ??????

"naj" wrote:

what u got AGAINST me ??????

I got a lot against u naj. Fine if u wanted to answer thats ur choice, but why bother answering if u aint gonna buy raat ki raani?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

what u got against me gowan tell us..

like i said i answered coz i felt like it end of..lol

ji Muhtarama

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

There has always been an debate regarding the use of products which contain alcohol..

The thing is there are two types of alcohol, one which is made out of grapes and is haraam to drink and the other form of alcohol is basically made out of carbon and oxygen atoms.. so there is nothing wrong with the use of products which contain scientific alcohol.

Cosmetic products such as make-up and perfume contain alcohol made from carbon, oxygen etc and are therefore permissible to use, However, wearing perfume is looked down upon and at times even declared unpermissible, not because of its content but because of its strong scent that might reach out and attract a member of the opposite sex.

I basically buy my attar online, it can be risky and you not always sure what you going to get, but luckily for me I have a friend who has a wierd taste in attar, so i normally give my rejected one to him and he loves them.

Anyway the best one on this page is Crystal, I love it and it smell so beautiful, they sold out at the moment and have been for ages. Other good one are Silver, Secret Man, Red Rose

People who like the designer one, you can get a whole loads of one from here.

This site sells them relatively cheap, cheaper then u find in the shops anyway and they are very reliable in delivery. I have used them for a while.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
I but luckily for me I have a friend who has a wierd taste in attar, so i normally give my rejected one to him and he loves them.

loooooooooooooool, yuit bro with mates like u who needs enemies?!

ur mate probably lost his sense of smell as a child and u making him smell like ALLAH knows what!

lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages