Islamic stand up comedy

What are your views on it?

Have you seen any that you actually found funny?

Want to share with others on here?

Tags: 

You wrote:
What are your views on it?

Have you seen any that you actually found funny?

Want to share with others on here?

my favourite is azhar usman
i had his dvd
found this on you tube
">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3owg0jcxo]

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMPFCU7lhU&feature=related]

i've seen this guy and few others didnt find them funny. but i think it's because it's american humour, tends to be slapstick, in your face. i prefer subtle humour guess that's why british comedians funnier to me.

also just because a person follows particular religion why do most jokes have to be based around that. i mean being muslim is one facet of a person other things aswell right? why not draw humour from that too? just find it dull when all jokes about islam and being muslim and nothing else.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Ive met these guys..and then i got an email address which im still emailing to get an interview..maybe i should give up? but i dont give up.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
but i dont give up.

No you don't. Don't stalk them. I'm rooting for you!
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Did you ever read those questions i asked you about your views on the messiah because i cant find them!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
Did you ever read those questions i asked you about your views on the messiah because i cant find them!

Not sure. I don't have a problem with him/her/it.

I think his question was more "do Jews believe in a specific figure or instead, in a "messianic age" where there is not specific person, but the overall circumstances are as such"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I think his question was more "do Jews believe in a specific figure or instead, in a "messianic age" where there is not specific person, but the overall circumstances are as such"

Spot on..that was exactly my question

A longstanding tradition going back at least to the prophet Isaiah holds that redemption will come about, that is an established doctrine, and any associated beliefs about endtimes impact everyone which is why we should choose and speak of them carefully. Talk of Messianic times or a Messiah has waxed and waned in its popularity and there is a long running list of false Mesiahs.

The last Lubavitch Rebbe was a very effective proponent of the belief that we should prepare for a Messiah's imminent arrival. Many of his followers today, after his death, have taken that belief a little far, but generally they do a lot of good work. I don't profess to know what would happen in a Messianic age and a lot of scholars would agree that speculation has to have some limits, but my understanding is talk of redemption is a call to righteousness and, pending revelations notwithstanding, nothing else.

Hajjar wrote:
also just because a person follows particular religion why do most jokes have to be based around that. i mean being muslim is one facet of a person other things aswell right? why not draw humour from that too? just find it dull when all jokes about islam and being muslim and nothing else.

+1

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

azhar usman is such a funny comedian Lol and also like azeem and preacher moss ...baba ali is funny and also delivers a message, hats off to all of them.