The Revival Issue 4- IDEAS????

salaam

im sure most of you have read issue 3, now we are working on issue 4...so if you have any ideas, suggestions, topics you want us to discuss in the next issue etc... then let us know....

wasalaam

[edit by admin]

Turn your caps lock off!

I have an idea, can you please improve the jokes in the "Ali wannabe and jamal" articles. they are ok but i think they can be a lot better

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

This poem is by Shahid Athar.

He has given permission to be reprinted in the an issue of Revival:

[b]Has Islam Been Defeated ?[/b]

Troops mobilized
Tanks rolled out
Bombs dropped
Missiles launched
[b]but, has Islam been defeated ?[/b]
Enemies identified
Friends threatened
Coalition formed
2 billion spent
Terrorists killed
Terrorists captured
Al-Qaida destroyed
Osama on the run
Mountains blown up
Caves bombed too
Camps destroyed
Villagers killed too
Passengers screened
Arabs & Muslims profiled
Civilians detained
Charities closed& frozen
Women have been freed
The veil has been lifted
The TV is plugged in
The music is playing
Sorry , No
Islam is not defeated
Islam is still alive
Islam cannot be killed
Islam is your life
[b]It will live for ever [/b]
In the heart of the believers
In the soul of the Muslims
In the acts of Momins
You -and me- inshallah

An article on what people can do to actively make muslims be seen in a positive light

we're always going on about how we're being discrimnated against becoz of our 'religion' and i no people want to change others views

examples of this so far have been things like muslims doing fundraisers for the earthquake appeal etc

we need more events n stuff being run by muslims

thats a good idea salma,

you could probably speak to teenagers who have organised things and see how well their events went. it might encouarage other ppl to do similar events

"Salma" wrote:
An article on what people can do to actively make muslims be seen in a positive light

we're always going on about how we're being discrimnated against becoz of our 'religion' and i no people want to change others views

examples of this so far have been things like muslims doing fundraisers for the earthquake appeal etc

we need more events n stuff being run by muslims

This isn't really organised by muslims.. its a radio station that is based in west London called CLUB ASIA, its found on 96.3/97.2 and its website is . Its for asians mostly the youth and it hold a large percentage of the asian community as its audience and i know for a fact that there are many young muslims who tune into this station.

Basically they waited until the day of eid to hold the south asia quake appeal and they managed to raise £28,184.00 for the earthquake. They really got the viewers to open up their purses and donate money. There were raking in aroud £4,000 an hour. The presenters are young and asian.. I think one of the presenters is muslim but they really did their bit for the earthquake and reached out to its audience. They had callers aged as young as 10 donating their eid money and businesses were also dontaing large sums of money.

Though it was a good issue(3), got to say it was too article based IMO. It need to be broken up like issue 2 was. So it may need some quiz or someting in between. Comic strip seem pointless too me. I think u should have a storyline tht continues or something. I know i used to be a avid reader of The Sun for two main reason, the dream team and the Striker Comic Strip, what can i say i was easily pleased.

Is it me or have all 3 issues had the same political articles?

Also people love the Eid not weed slogan, I think you need to have something catchy on all your edition. I think you definitely need to touch on the subject matter of Halal entertainment in islam, so you giving the youth alternative to haram entertainment they are currently doing.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

Kinda. It's just that they all have a similar message. But:

The Issue 1 article was about [i]why [/i]we should get involved in politics.

The second article was about [i]how [/i]we can get involved in politics.

The third was about how [i]the Prophet (SAW)[/i] did politics.

"yuit" wrote:
Though it was a good issue(3), got to say it was too article based IMO. It need to be broken up like issue 2 was. So it may need some quiz or someting in between. Comic strip seem pointless too me. I think u should have a storyline tht continues or something. I know i used to be a avid reader of The Sun for two main reason, the dream team and the Striker Comic Strip, what can i say i was easily pleased.

Also people love the Eid not weed slogan, I think you need to have something catchy on all your edition. I think you definitely need to touch on the subject matter of Halal entertainment in islam, so you giving the youth alternative to haram entertainment they are currently doing.

agreed on the politics article, but Irfghan does have a valid point........anyways, if its to continue - needa look at a diffrent angle now

agreed with yuit - comic strip was rubbish

and i think, from what ed has told me, there will be another catchy slogan for this issue inshallah

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I don't get the comic strip (the last frame) but its good in comparisson to the one the Islamic times. Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Not_a_Kuri" wrote:
I don't get the comic strip (the last frame) but its good in comparisson to the one the Islamic times. Biggrin

i found the one in the Islamic times MUCH better

btw thats a FAB newspaper

pity its only distributed in manchester

Asalamualaikum!

I was thinkin that u shuld include sumthin bout jam'ah
more like "The importance of Joining a Jam'ah (Group)"

its a really interesting topic once u start learnin bout it

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"Mujahidah" wrote:
Asalamualaikum!

I don't think we can go into that.

after the importance, the question is what Jama'ah should we join?

The Revival Magazine has decided to not be sectarian in any way, or promote one scholar or group of scholars over another. so the issue can only be half covered.

secondly I doubt any dopehead would be interested in jama'ah, unless the rest were also doped up.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Mujahidah" wrote:
Asalamualaikum!

I don't think we can go into that.

after the importance, the question is what Jama'ah should we join?

The Revival Magazine has decided to not be sectarian in any way, or promote one scholar or group of scholars over another. so the issue can only be half covered.

secondly I doubt any dopehead would be interested in jama'ah, unless the rest were also doped up.

Asalamualaikum!

hmm..well it was only a suggestion

ur the admin so its ur choice Lol

nway certain groups n scholars can coz debates so u mite as well leave it.

I'll try n think of sumthin else :roll:

Hey its not my choice.

It's 'Eds. I only speak for myself.

I just voiced my opinion there, giving my opinion on the subject. I may be wrong...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

What ever happened to the Media Review?? Bit that was mentioned in the first mag??? I thought that was gonna be a regular feature??

Secondly aren't we gonna have a questionaire type thingy in this one??

Back in BLACK

well as usual someone has to ste upto the platter.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Not_a_Kuri" wrote:

i found the one in the Islamic times MUCH better

btw thats a FAB newspaper

pity its only distributed in manchester

uh huh, it goes, Ahmed is fasting, he's hungry, he gives his chocolate to a beggar and Allah SWT gives him several more for his pure intention.

GREAT! (no sarcasm) but where the rest of it, if its not going to be witty then it needs more to it.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

do a artical about palastine :twisted:

one about religous freedom :twisted:

one about hajj :twisted:

one about umra :twisted:

one about shirk :twisted: well thats if u know what it is...

one about bilal philips :twisted:

one about me :twisted:

one about sex :twisted:

one about how ed and admin hate each other :twisted:

can we also have a picture of all the revival team on the cover :twisted:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

defo include an article on HAJJ in the next issue please inshallah! Smile

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

yea i wanna do hajj too :twisted:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Dirol Can we have an article on the LOVE of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and a few short stories on how much the sahaba (pbut) loved the Prophet and how they expressed/showed their love towards him. Dirol PLZ Smile

Humko kiske gham ne mara ye kahani phir sahi Wink

"PRINCE" wrote:
Dirol Can we have an article on the LOVE of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and a few short stories on how much the sahaba (pbut) loved the Prophet and how they expressed/showed their love towards him. Dirol PLZ Smile

Thats a really good idea!

"PRINCE" wrote:

That would invite sectarian issues I think.

"irfghan" wrote:
"PRINCE" wrote:

umm i wudnt think so, its just bout the love of the Holy Prophet (saw)....i think it would be good, people need to know more about the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) in terms of love.

"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
"PRINCE" wrote:

umm i wudnt think so, its just bout the love of the Holy Prophet (saw)....i think it would be good, people need to know more about the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) in terms of love.

Tru, but some saddo's may get the idea that we're worshipping the Holy Prophet(saw).

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Tru, but some saddo's may get the idea that we're worshipping the Holy Prophet(saw).

Tru, dats wat alwayz happens n dats wen the 2 popular words pop out. If they used their sense they wuld hav understood 4rm the start. Misguided pple :roll:

How about an article on the Asian slap you know the one where you go across the face with the palm but then bring it back with a back handed slap, and for children how to tense the jaw muscles to lessen the effectgs of such slaps?

Thats easy! just blame soemone else, and watch them get slapped instead!

Not everything in the magazine has to be contemporary... maybe take a look at some historic character in islamic history and his impact on the religion - or some great event like the crusades.

Might want to do an article on the Paris riots and if any of the integration issues rearing their ugly head in France exist in some form or another in Britain.

Maybe you should take up a "good cause" for the Revival and report on it regularly - like some kind of charitable project readers can get involved with. National Geographic does that sometimes and it's really interesting. - You could get the Revival team together for a soup kitchen, or try to raise a dollar amount for a Red Cross donation to the victims in Kashmir, or set up some kind of scholarship fund depending on your budget. Give readers an update from time to time on what their donation accomplished, or what kind of work is going on.

Correct.

Irfghan wanted to contribute about Saladin... No idea how far he has got...

Pages