Will you be voting in May?

Salaam

The General Elections are almost here...

Will you be voting?

Yes/NO- why?

Will you only vote if there is a BNP candidate or not at all?

Will you vote if there is a Muslim candidate- as we definitely need more Muslim MP's to repesent us?

Do you know what your MP can help you with?

Do you vote on basis of party, individual candidate etc?

Do you think voting is a waste of time?

Do you think voting is haram?

Do you think voting is the best way to air your voice and bring change?

Do you feel strongly about political lobbying?

Or do you find politics boring?

Is almost everything in life not politics?

Pls share your views....

u ask a lot of questions whenever u do get around to making a topic, don't u? Blum 3

I'm under-aged.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Will you be voting? No

Yes/NO- why? Underage atm

Will you only vote if there is a BNP candidate or not at all? No, i would vote regardless

Will you vote if there is a Muslim candidate- as we definitely need more Muslim MP's to repesent us? Depends on what they stand for, it's their policies that are important.

Do you know what your MP can help you with? Nope, but i know what they could try to

Do you vote on basis of party, individual candidate etc? I would consider all :] but party=vital because how much say can one Individual actually have? Have to be able to trust the brain behind the face.

Do you think voting is a waste of time? Depends who's running. E.g if all options are lame or it's Mugabe and they mess with the numbers

Do you think voting is haram? Why would it be? o.0

Do you think voting is the best way to air your voice and bring change? Nope

Do you feel strongly about political lobbying? Not really

Or do you find politics boring? Not at all

Is almost everything in (your?) life not politics?
Yes, atm. But I'a :]

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

I don't think I have voted in general election yet...

...just too tedious to go to a polling booth. I have only taken part in postal voting so fr and that as afaik only been for local elections til now.

Also, over here a Labour victory is sort of guaranteed, so is there any point in casting a vote?

Do you think voting is haram? Why would it be? o.0

Some people argue that only Allah (swt) has the right to pass law and thus taking part in any system where someone other than Allah (swt) makes some law is haraam/kufr etc.

I see things differently - why do they waste theior breaths shouting for the oppression of the muslims if they are not willing to actually take part in improving their lives?

On a similar note, if there is ever an atmosphere in the UK to eg ban the headscarf, these same people will refuse to take part and inform people, nor make their voice heard on the political spectrum, but after the fact they will scream and shout "somebody, think of the sisters! this kuffaar state is oppressing them" yet they would have stood by and done nothing when they could have.

(I am only using the headscarf as an example here - it applies to all issues involving Muslims. If you do not defend the rights of Muslims to practice their faith, why bother screaming about it after the fact?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Quick question - what is the voting age in the UK?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Will you be voting?

yes

Yes/NO- why?

yes just became of age recently...1st general election so should vote

Will you only vote if there is a BNP candidate or not at all?

regardless

Will you vote if there is a Muslim candidate- as we definitely need more Muslim MP's to repesent us?

hmmm kind of a dilemma because even though they may have good qualities chances of a muslim candidate winning in their constituency is not very good if they are part of an 3rd part like Respect Party as this isn't a PR system so would be a waste of a vote.

Do you know what your MP can help you with?

erm .... perhaps to better the local roads after the snow this year they really are making driving hard....nothing else that i can think of that is effecting me..

Do you vote on basis of party, individual candidate etc?

basis of party due to UK having a 2=party system and using a fptp system which makes it nearly impossible for a small third party to win a seat even though there are 3rd party seats in pariliament...also 3rd parties do not cover a wide range of policies rather they focus upon a certain area for example transport or foriegn wars ...they are more like pressure groups who once reach their goal just dissapear.

Do you think voting is a waste of time?

no if you want to make a difference contribute to it

Do you think voting is haram?

your living under UK law its not as if we have the option of sharia law ...plus if you complain then why not make a difference the answer should not be one vote will not make a difference if everyone had this mentality ...elections would be useless.

Do you think voting is the best way to air your voice and bring change?

hmmm...well parties will not listen to any single individual therefore they may have some policies you like and some you dont...therefore you have to size up which party is in line with what you want/expect.....pressure groups especially insider pressure groups are a better way to air individual opinions. yet outsider groups can defnintly make a scene and an impression for example 'fathers for justice'

Do you feel strongly about political lobbying?

well it can sometimes be unfair and unnecessary...such acts of handing out peerages just for extra funds is kind of corrupt politics especially if all that person is good for is their money.

Or do you find politics boring?

no i find it quite interesting

Is almost everything in life not politics?

some people have no idea about politics yet they still go on without participating in it ....yet without politics would the UK not be a completely different place ... it keeps things in order with goverment legislation etc ...yet the more you think of daily like the more you realise the importance of politics.

You wrote:
Quick question - what is the voting age in the UK?