Abel Xavier accepts Islam

Football star Abel Xavier embraced Islam on a trip to the United Arab Emirates last week and said he will now quit football at the age of 38 to pursue a career in humanitarian work, press reports revealed.

Former Portuguese international, Abel, who will now go by the name of Faisal Xavier, said he regretted leaving the sport but said he was happy to enter a new phase in his life.

"While it's an emotional farewell, I hope to participate in something very special as I enter a new stage of my life," press reports quoted Xavier, who also once played for Liverpool and Everton, as saying.

"In times of trouble, I have found comfort in Islam. Gradually I learned of a religion that professes peace, equality, freedom and hope. These are extremely important," Xavier said.

Read more @

You wrote:
"a religion that professes peace, equality, freedom and hope"

Just when you think you know about Islam, someone goes and says the complete opposite. I learn new stuff every day.

Truth comes out in strange ways

Alhumdulillah! I hope the brother has an amazing life and hereafter! Ameen!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Smile Masha'Allah

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I knew I liked him for some reason other than his hair!