Mosque Appeal

My local mosque (in Smethwick, Birmingham) is building a bigger mosque which would accomodate the whole community without people having to pray in the car park etc. It will have several classrooms, a library, facilities for sisters, a funeral service etc.

There will be an appeal on digital channel DM (841) from about 2 or 3 today.

Please tune in and donate what you can.

Thankyou.

Mashallah.

I am impressed in the forward thinking of your mosque, to actually provide separate rooms for some activities.

Inshallah the appeal will be successful.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

mashaALLAH.

which mosque is it bro? Not the salafi one im guessing? lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Beyond funny. Muslims are their own enemies. We don't need disbelievers to kill us, too many of us killing our own ppl. It must be quiet amusing for those that dislike us to observe this.

Med what's so funny? Why are you constantly ranting on about sects? Yes it's important but Allah won't ask us are you a hanafi, shafi etc, deobandi, salafi, etc.

If you become obssessed with these details you won't love your muslim brothers and sisters, because you will always think you are better than them.

Concentrate on your own faults, rather than trying to change the world in 1 day.

beautiful post Yashmaki.

Inshallah the mosque project will be completed in the best possible way.

Its a mosque.

Med I understand your joke (muslims not willing to help other muslims from a diferent group), but I'd take Yashmaki's position.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

uff. I said it in a light hearted way.

If u bothered to read my FIRST WORD it was MashaALLAH, what ALLAH likes.

It is not in me to keep defending myself, who says I am against that masjid? who said I made any funny comments about it? I was just saying that I doubt irfghan is asking for funds for the salafi masjid. Whats the big deal?

As for ALLAH not asking which sect, that is true. But let me remind that the reason we are the Best of Nations is because we command the good and forbid the evil. Part of that involves warning people against the wrong practices. Now, if we just command good and dont warn people of the evil then we are neglecting in our duty. Ofcourse guidance is in ALLAH's hands, but why should I shirk away from my duty just because people do not want to hear it?

Yes we are meant to unite, and people bang on about unity. But remember our unity is on the ROPE OF ALLAH. We can only unite on things which are haq, we cannot unite with batil. Hence those who try to make unity with qadiayni, or shia etc are uniting haq with batil and this is manifest error. Yes we should unite, but upon the haq not batil.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I was about to reply about shia, but i'll leave it as this topic is about mosque.

sister Yashmaki's point was that laughing at how we treat mosques is beyond funny.

You may joke about it, but its not a joking matter. its a disgrace.

"Med" wrote:

Yes we are meant to unite, and people bang on about unity. But remember our unity is on the ROPE OF ALLAH. We can only unite on things which are haq, we cannot unite with batil. Hence those who try to make unity with qadiayni, or shia etc are uniting haq with batil and this is manifest error. Yes we should unite, but upon the haq not batil.

no- you unite with any muslim who believes in La illaha illallah
and unity my friend is not to have the same beliefs...
unity is to believe whatever you do...but work together for the common goals under the banner of islam.
me and u disagree on everything... and we hardly love each other....but i would still unite with you over the iraq war, palestine issue, drugs issue, fight against prostitution, work together against anti-terror laws etc....
are you telling me you wont?

your above point is what all sects use...to divide the ummah..
so sad!

actually ED i would unite with u on those issues u mentioned because they are part of the Rope of ALLAH.

dont u love me ed? awww im heart broken.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
actually ED i would unite with u on those issues u mentioned because they are part of the Rope of ALLAH.

Let the Rope of Allah bind us all. Smile

(Wow that's cheesy)

"Med" wrote:

salaam
well that is what unity is my friend..we dont have to agree on all the nitty gritty issues of aqeeda...
we just need to stick as one, one voice of Islam infront of non Muslims, help each other out to deal with problems facing Muslims in teh Uk and worldwide....
My love for you is as the following ahadith:
'You cannot be a true believer until what you like for yourself, you like for others'.
'The Muslims are like one body, when one part of the body hurts, the rest of the body feels the pain aswell'.
Yes, i disagree with you on almost everything...and i cant stand your mentality and attitude at most times...but you are a Muslim, and it is compulsory for me to love my fellow Muslim, to show respect for him, feel hi spain etc...because we are all part of the Ummah bro....
wasalaam

In pakistan when there was an issue of wether Qadiyani' were being oppressed, the leader of the muslim groups which was defending pakistan policy was a shia. All opther sects banded together as qadiyani's were not muslim to all of them.

now that is unity. Shia uniting with sunni for a common goal as they can see past their diferrences.

As always there should be one point unity. One point that everyone agrees on. everything else would be secondary.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

salaam
well that is what unity is my friend..we dont have to agree on all the nitty gritty issues of aqeeda...
we just need to stick as one, one voice of Islam infront of non Muslims, help each other out to deal with problems facing Muslims in teh Uk and worldwide....
My love for you is as the following ahadith:
'You cannot be a true believer until what you like for yourself, you like for others'.
'The Muslims are like one body, when one part of the body hurts, the rest of the body feels the pain aswell'.
Yes, i disagree with you on almost everything...and i cant stand your mentality and attitude at most times...but you are a Muslim, and it is compulsory for me to love my fellow Muslim, to show respect for him, feel hi spain etc...because we are all part of the Ummah bro....
wasalaam

MashaALLAH that is good. Why do you think I get worked up? If I sincerely believe that something is wrong then if I truly cared I would want OTHERS also to understand it to be wrong. If I did not care then I wouldnt bother about telling any1 that this is in my view rong, I would say thats his business , I aint bothered about him.

Point being, I get worked up, BECAUSE i sincerely believe in what I go on about, and I believe it is my duty to ''help'' others, hidden in that it means that I CARE. If I didnt care then I wouldnt bother responding to anything. So inshaALLAH may ALLAH make it that I too care for fellow muslims as is their right, and encourage them and myself on good, and warn them and myself against evil.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"irfghan" wrote:
My local mosque (in Smethwick, Birmingham) is building a bigger mosque which would accomodate the whole community without people having to pray in the car park etc. It will have several classrooms, a library, facilities for sisters, a funeral service etc.

There will be an appeal on digital channel DM (841) from about 2 or 3 today.

Please tune in and donate what you can.

Thankyou.

WER U FRM BRV, CZ ME LOCAL IS DT MOSQ AN ALL