Frozen Britain seen from above

the night before last my desktop weather widget was reporting -16 degrees C. BBC News some places last night were -22. There is also :

Germany prepares to face blizzard

German households have been advised to stock up on food, medicines and drinking water as the nation braces for a blizzard that is heading its way.

Germany's Civil Protection Office (BBK) says heavy snowfalls expected on Saturday could trigger local power cuts and severely disrupt public transport.

The snow is already more than 30cm (one foot) deep on the isle of Ruegen, off Germany's Baltic coast, ZDF TV says.

In Switzerland, heavy snow has cut the flow of lorries through Alpine tunnels.

The busy Gotthard and San Bernardino tunnels were temporarily closed to heavy goods vehicles on Friday, the Swissinfo news website reported.

So comparatively we are not that bad. There were blizzards in the US, Japan is getting a deep freeze, China has its worst winter in 50 years, people are dying in india from the cold...

...and then they tell us about global warming...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

omg!!!! thats a top pic!!!

i waz wtchin d news and d guy was sayin wat to do if your PIPES FREEZE n he wz there demonstratn wiv a HAIRDRYER how do defreeze lol and the presenter the clown goes wt if u dnt have hair dryer i mean wat the hek this is the 21st centry ppl, and then the guy pulled out A WATER BOTTLE and used that n then if you can do that he said keep them warm and WRAP BLANKETS arounds em, lol!!!!

i thought it was funny wat i saw so i shared it with you.

tc

Yep, I have to admit that is one amazing picture Smile

SISTER wrote:
and the presenter the clown goes wt if u dnt have hair dryer i mean wat the hek this is the 21st centry ppl

soooo??

just cause they're invented doesnt mean everyone uses/has them!

they're not good for my hair, so i hardly use one and personally don't own one Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I cna remember as a kid, there were fears of burst water pipes. the pipes would either be shut off outside, or the tap left running very slightly to stop the water freezing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's so featureless!

It looks fake to me because its so uniform. I believe it's real, but its so featureless that it looks like a miniature!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

wednesday wrote:

It was ace to feel that electricity is for REAL.

Just like how I was really appreciating the pavement the other day.

So I was not the only one finding it dificult/tiring to walk in snow? it felt too sandy and tiring.

Here I was thinking that it may have been something to do with my low fitness levels, but no, its the snow.

You wrote:
So I was not the only one finding it dificult/tiring to walk in snow? it felt too sandy and tiring.

It's not the snow that is the problem. It's when it turns to ice. Like Really icy..is that called Black Ice? Anyway..being as clumsy as I am..yeah well..

Noor wrote:
walk on the road.

Yep.