Short reminder on Muharram - also the days of fasting during Muharram

As Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah,

I pray that you are all well and in the best of imaan, InshAllah just a reminder I am sure by now some of us from our own knowledge, friends and family,know that this month is the month of Muharram where fasting voluntarily is presecribed upon us also which is significant about this month is that the lives of some of the dear family members and companions of our beloved Prophet peace and blessings be upon him, were killed in the battle of Karbala. May Allah shower blessings upon them in abundance.ameen.

The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: "The best of fasting after Ramadhan is the month of Muharram, and the best of prayer after the obligatory prayers is prayer at night ( qiyaam al-layl)."[Narrated by Muslim, 1163].*This month contains the day of 'Ashoora', which expiates the past years sins: The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Fasting the day of 'Arafah I hope Allah will expiate thereby for the year before it and the year after it, and fasting the day of 'Ashoora' I hope Allah will expiate thereby for the year that came before it."[Muslim, 1162]

Ashoora will land on the
10th of Muharram-27th DEC
So try to fast either the 9th and 10th[Ashoora'] of Muharram which will be 26th December (tomorrow!!) ...&
27th of December or 10th[Ashoora'] &
11th of MUharram - which will be 27th & 28th of December.

InshAllah may Allah reward u for your efforts, ameen

Jazak'Allahu khair for this reminder Smile

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.