Name Calling

43 posts / 0 new
Last post

ther is wayyy too much hate in this forum... guys cant we just like avoid the topics that split us up and like keep to unifying topics like how many grapes can u fit in ur mouf?... i got told off today for eating grapes and chiken salaan Sad it tasted quite nice.. like crakers and cheese wif jam.. u know weird sort of taste... try it! Biggrin

two date seeds

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
k, salaam

lol. alhumdulillah nice to see Med has passed on something good to the forum. Wink

actually thats a bad thing I've picked up

he explained once that when the "people of knowldge come across the people of ignorance" they say "salaam"

i won't be saying "k, salaam" ever again

lol, yep but it all depends on YOUR intention right. maybe take out the "k" and that'l b less Med-like. Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I don't want to be part of any sectarian crap-

so if anyone ever comes across me calling any group a name-they can copy paste my post into this thread

i don't want to be doing the same thing that i hate in others-

BUT if I ever come across "extremism" in the form of advocating terrorism-then I will ALWAYS be the first to point it out

since u asked... Wink

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
"hijaban" wrote:
hello everyone,
i am new to this site and i hope people will be helpfull in answering my questions. first of all i would like to know is piercing the navel for a lady allowed?

thankyou.

assalamu alaikum hijaban

belly piercing is not permissable as i know
Jamee’atul Mufteen (Board of Muftis) comprising of 12 Darul Iftas have ruled in their last sitting that belly piercing for women is not permissible.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

hope you choose to go with this answer.

Muhtarama has given the correct answer according to the Ulama of Ahnaaf. Belly piercing is forbidden and not allowed.

with google searches-u can find anything

Ruling Concerning Wearing Nose rings

Question: What is the ruling concerning wearing nose rings for beautification?

Response: It is permissible for a woman to beautify herself according to what is customary, even if that means she has to pierce part of her body, such as is the case with earrings.

Shaikh ibn Jibreen

^^that fatwa says that if its "customary" she can pierce what she wants

[b]anyway-I'm gonna ask a non-extremist scholar[/b]

personally i dont think we should bother with these words which the media has used to label us - extremists, fundamentalists, what not. however i think we'd agree that if we came across a so-called scholar (e.g. Captain Hook) who spews hatred, we would denounce him.

BUT our talk of 'extremist' scholars did not start with any relation to terrorism - it was due to your above post LilSis. i think ul agree that it doesnt specifically take a scholar who denounces terrorism to tackle the issue of belly piercing... :? Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

now now LilSis.....it doesnt hurt to apologise and acknowledge bieng in the wrong Smile

....even tho i know what your tryna say

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

As I always say...

when in a hole stop digging.

I can understand LilSis's point, aswell as her frustration with Med... but calling someone extreme is very harsh.

I can be harsh. Like I was with Abdul Salaam when he justified the murder of shia's. i was even harsher when he said it was the position taught by his scholars. I was scathing.

As always we should acknowledge our flaws.

And I am still waiting for a proper explanation of people of innovation. The last explanation did not cut it. It was inaccurate to say the least.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
So guys where do we draw the line?

Alright. Jokes aside. Lets talk about drawing lines.

Indeed, Islam draws for us some very clear and indelible lines.

I believe that Islam teaches us that we should ONLY preach through politeness and courtesy.

All other methods are prohibited in Islam.

In Islam, the Muslims are not allowed to encourage or discourage other people from certain type of behaviour by using harsh and unkind words.

In the Holy Quran, God orders Muslims this:

" Invite all to the way of your Lord, with wisdom and beautiful preaching. And reason with them in the ways that are best and most gracious. "

Therefore, I think that if one is not an amicable and pleasant person, then one ought NOT preach goodness to others. He, or she, should try to develop qualities that are necessary for spreading the Word of God to muslims as well as non muslims.

Moreoever, preachers are, infact, representing God.

And, therefore, God does not like to see harsh men and women speak for Him. This is because God wishes to attract people to His Religion, not to repel them. And only a good-natured person is able to attract others.

By the way noble lady, your initial post was a plea that was a very passionaltely argued exhortation. Truly spoken from the heart.

Omrow

Salam

And you're an angel.

I wasn't easy to pen that piece.

It was excruciatingly difficult to bring myself to write in a nice way.

Its so easy to be nasty.

I dont know how the Binger can maintain a graceful posture for such along time. Must be in her genes.

Most women are unable to control their temper when the heat is on.

Omrow

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
k, salaam

lol. alhumdulillah nice to see Med has passed on something good to the forum. Wink

actually thats a bad thing I've picked up

he explained once that when the "people of knowldge come across the people of ignorance" they say "salaam"

i won't be saying "k, salaam" ever again

lol, yep but it all depends on YOUR intention right. maybe take out the "k" and that'l b less Med-like. Wink

my intentin was just to copy him-

this saying manifests "extreme arrogance"

so if I use that saying again I'm gonna be BANNED frm coming on this forum :shock:

"Omrow" wrote:

I dont know how the Binger can maintain a graceful posture for such along time. Must be in her genes.

Most women are unable to control their temper when the heat is on.

what about my genes?

i am her sister after all

unlucky LilSis

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Omrow" wrote:
Therefore, I think that if one is not an amicable and pleasant person, then one ought NOT preach goodness to others. He, or she, should try to develop qualities that are necessary for spreading the Word of God to muslims as well as non muslims.

Moreoever, preachers are, infact, representing God.

And, therefore, God does not like to see harsh men and women speak for Him. This is because God wishes to attract people to His Religion, not to repel them. And only a good-natured person is able to attract others.

Wow. The best point in this thread so far...

Pages