Name Calling

Salaam

(I started this thread up in the old forum..I'd like to see it being discussed again)

Dirty Kafir! Wahabi! Extremist! Biddati! Blasphemer! Worship’s scholars! Commits Shirk! Not part of Muslim Ummah! Commits kufr!..The people of innovation…

All of the above names and more which are thrown about so carelessly have become unbelievably common.

When a Muslim accuses another Muslim of being a Kafir, one of them is most definitely a Kafir….when a Muslim accuses another Muslim of committing Shirk, the implications are just as serious because if one commits Shirk then he/she has negated the Tawheed (oneness) of Allah (swt) and if one has negated the Tawheed of Allah (swt) then such a person is a non Muslim/Kafir……Those who commit “Biddah” (innovation in Islam) “should take their place in hell”…….A “Wahabi” is a follower of Abdul Wahab…….

Do people not know of the serious implication of throwing these names about so casually?

Are we even in a position to be calling others these names? Do any of us, have any Islamic education behind us? In other words, most of the time do we even know what we’re talking about?

And say if one IS committing shirk or Biddah, by calling him/her a “stupid, misguided biddati” will this make them change their ways will it? If we severely lack patience, tolerance and understanding for other Muslims why on Earth should they see eye to eye with us?

Is Islam all about being hot tempered, argumentative, and narrow minded? Is this how the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) conveyed the message?

Name calling also manifests pride, one of the worst characteristics found in us. And pride is shown when people are convinced that they are right whilst everyone else is wrong so they belittle other…..

Also say if one is a so called Wahabi or Mushrik……So What? What’s it got to do with us? Aren’t we only accountable for what we do? One can only say (nicely!) after that shouldn’t we leave it?

BUT on the other hand, don’t people NEED to be told?

According to some people not everyone listens to the “lovely jubbly” approach so they need to be told in the harshest way possible, is this true?

Furthermore, according to others, this is part of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil…

So guys where do we draw the line? After all, by remaining silent at wrong doings can and does lead to support/approval and even encouragement, but at the same time there is waaay too much name calling going on.

Share your thoughts please…

Wasalaam

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

way too much name calling and sectarian crap is being sprouted here cos of the newcomers-

if u disagree with them ur from the "people of biddah"

if u disagree with their scholar "ur arrogant"

the standard of this forum is dropping big time

i agree sis

iv not been online in a long while+come back and this iz wat i see!!! jeez ppl....get a grip!

hope u dont mind me replying to u here

yep too much sectarian name calling is going on here

i'm glad the girl revived this thread

sectarian name calling is the reason behind the disunity in muslim ummah

it does give off this "I'm right and all u stupid, misguided people are wrong" mentality-it conveys arrogance

and shows how backwards a person is

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Dirty Kafir! Wahabi! Extremist! Biddati! Blasphemer! Worship’s scholars! Commits Shirk! Not part of Muslim Ummah! Commits kufr!..The people of innovation…

whenever anyone calls another the above names-I will copy and paste their post in this thread

this will be the thread of "name and shame"

I advise everyone else to do the same

LILSIS yr the one doing the name calling im fresh here but i see it cavewomen/man) wats that about ? maybe you should stop these insults to bros and sis whoever,then again when someone disagrees with you you say such ie.everythings haram for you everythings bidah for u!

girl u got to sort your attitude out Lol

and true misguided people are wrong.coz if they werent the would not be called misguided

hey ppl

"jazzy" wrote:

and true misguided people are wrong.coz if they werent the would not be called misguided

and who gives u an authority to call someone "misguided"?

who gives u an authorty to call someone a "brewli" or a person of biddah?

scan thru my posts-never have i accused anyone of being a kafir, commiting shirk, biddah, deobandi's etc etc

i may tease people like call hayder-hayDUH or call irfan Fred

or call people with old fashioned views as being "cavemen/women"

but sectarian crap is what u ur mates and ur alter ego's get up to

"jazzy" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
I have split a topic from this topic.

hey mr ad, wh'd you edit my sig ? whats wrong with BRELLO, is there brellos on this forum, we ehle sunnah like we claim hey people no offense its a nick/ say it all the time to my mates so stop kickin fuss yea

"jazzy" wrote:
CAVEWOMEN, buying new clothes on eid aint established anywhere .WHY you always jumping to conclusions. you are weird nutter brello

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"jazzy" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
I have split a topic from this topic.

hey mr ad, wh'd you edit my sig ? whats wrong with BRELLO, is there brellos on this forum, we ehle sunnah like we claim hey people no offense its a nick/ say it all the time to my mates so stop kickin fuss yea

"jazzy" wrote:
CAVEWOMEN, buying new clothes on eid aint established anywhere .WHY you always jumping to conclusions. you are weird nutter brello

yes no doubt about it, but YOUR the one whos got a problem with the name calling, and U DO IT yourself. u have no right to judge people if have old fashioned views OR not because according to them they maybe not so your cavewomen/man does not have a stance.

as for authority ,if someone is misguided commiting shirk doing bidah u dont need authority to point it out to them U tell them once and shutup

as for sectarian crap U ARE causing the fuss having problems with someones beliefs.

hey ppl

"jazzy" wrote:

as for authority ,if someone is misguided commiting shirk doing bidah u dont need authority to point it out to them U tell them once and shutup

so u dont need authority to accuse people of commiting biddah/shirk?

thats ur opinion-which i disagree

anyways-according to ur own understanding of this topic why dont u take ur own advise and "point it out to them-U tell them once and shutup"

whats with u repeating "brello/brello" again and again?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

oh thats shouldnt matter, tell u somat i always SAY IT ,mates are ALL brellos they couldnt care less. not meant to OFFEND really, but why take it to heart? im to nice

hey ppl

"jazzy" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

oh thats shouldnt matter, tell u somat i always SAY IT ,mates are ALL brellos they couldnt care less. not meant to OFFEND really, but why take it to heart? im to nice

so...if I call u a "misguided/extreme Wahabi", it shouldnt matter? after all ALL my mates are "wahabi's" and its not meant to OFFEND, so I take it u wouldnt take it to heart? :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
so...if I call u a "misguided/extreme Wahabi", it shouldnt matter? after all ALL my mates are "wahabi's" and its not meant to OFFEND, so I take it u wouldnt take it to heart? :roll:

SPOT on. YOUR RIGHT, it shouldnt matter im not a WAHABI thats why.nor is anybody else i think.UR the ones using the word extreme calling scholars extreme?

hey ppl

"jazzy" wrote:
im not a WAHABI thats why.nor is anybody else i think.UR the ones using the word extreme calling scholars extreme?

1-No one is a "BRELLO" here but that dont stop u from saying it :roll:

2-some scholars ARE extreme-they advocate terrorism and their followers agree with them

so what if I call extreme scholars extreme?

"jazzy" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

SPOT on. YOUR RIGHT, it shouldnt matter im not a WAHABI thats why.nor is anybody else i think.UR the ones using the word extreme calling scholars extreme?

let me get this straight so if some1 called u a misguided extreme wahabi....it wouldnt bother u in da slightest???

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
[1-No one is a "BRELLO" here but that dont stop u from saying it :roll:

2-some scholars ARE extreme-they advocate terrorism and their followers agree with them

1- then why get offended der

2- agree and disagree

3- u judging there arent ya? like in other thread you hinted najs scholars extreme VERY GOOD

hey ppl

"muslim_kuri" wrote:

let me get this straight so if some1 called u a misguided extreme wahabi....it wouldnt bother u in da slightest???

I've heard that argument

peope throw names around and justify their actions by saying "I dont mean to offend" or that "i wouldnt mind if someone said that to me" :roll:

"jazzy" wrote:
like in other thread you hinted najs scholars extreme VERY GOOD

if i was to say sumin-I'd say it straight out

I'm blunt like that

i dont play games or mess around

so these "hints" are all in ur head

TUT TUT. :roll: u made it clear

wasalaam

hey ppl

"jazzy" wrote:
TUT TUT. :roll: u made it clear

wasalaam

TUT TUT. :roll: all in ur head

k, salaam

this is getting rather childish.

Have I called anyone names? have I criticised any sect exclusively?

Jazzy I have deleted your sig as it was not on. I have also deleted many posts from alot of people because they are not on.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

but wot have these 'extreme' scholars got to do with body piercing? :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
k, salaam

lol. alhumdulillah nice to see Med has passed on something good to the forum. Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I think its her spat with Med.

He will continue using 'people of innovation'. She will keep using 'extremists'.

Both need to stop.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Aasiyah" wrote:

Nothing.

I just said I was gonna ask sumone who aint "extreme" i.e. someone who don't hold ridgid, strict views

why is such a big deal being made out of it? :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

Nothing.

I just said I was gonna ask sumone who aint "extreme" i.e. someone who don't hold ridgid, strict views

why is such a big deal being made out of it? :roll:

because it suggests that whichever scholar, according to u, holds 'rigid, strict views' is by default 'extreme'. so the scholar who happens to say body piercing is allowed, is he the non-extreme one?

i think admins right, this is a knee-jerk reaction to Med, and neither of u are right in your approach.

Salaam

…I know the girl should fight her own battles, and she’s always getting into silly banters with everyone here…

But some scholars out there do hold “extreme, rigid, strict” views….they see everything as being “forbidden” in Islam.

And the one, who has not been taught Islam in such a way would perceive such a scholar as being “extreme”.

Just like the students of such a scholar would perceive others as being “too liberal/westernised” cos it contradicts what they have been taught….if that makes sense.

Regarding, belly piercing…I have heard a scholar say that it is allowed (between husband and wife) and others have said that it’s strictly forbidden….

But yeah, it’s wrong to label the scholars that you don’t agree with as being “extreme”.

But then again, I don't see anything wrong with labelling the scholars who advocate and condone terrorist attacks as being “extreme”.

.."Extremism" is relative.

Wasalaam

"Aasiyah" wrote:
because it suggests that whichever scholar, according to u, holds 'rigid, strict views' is by default 'extreme'. so the scholar who happens to say body piercing is allowed, is he the non-extreme one?

Lol way to go aasiyah

hey ppl

lol true said aasiyah ,noticed the ^^^.

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
k, salaam

lol. alhumdulillah nice to see Med has passed on something good to the forum. Wink

alhamdulillah Wink

I don't want to be part of any sectarian crap-

so if anyone ever comes across me calling any group a name-they can copy paste my post into this thread

i don't want to be doing the same thing that i hate in others-

BUT if I ever come across "extremism" in the form of advocating terrorism-then I will ALWAYS be the first to point it out

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
k, salaam

actually thats a bad thing I've picked up

he explained once that when the "people of knowldge come across the people of ignorance" they say "salaam"

i won't be saying "k, salaam" ever again

Pages