help me learn

I have been practising Islam since January. not long i know, but i am trying to learn more about the religion.

I did not grow up in a very islamic area, and found it difficult to learn about the religion as there was not a regular mosque here.

I got more into religion after i moved away for study for a year to a more mixed area and made some very religious friends.

we now have an established mosque in our home town and more muslims have moved here, but i still find it difficult to learn more, probably because i do not know where to look.

can anyone recommend some books or websites that they know are reliable?

help yourself , there is a wealth of information available to you

go to your local library im sure they will have plenty of islamic books, or go to any islamic shop theres plenty in birmingham , you can purchase boks , cassettes ands dvds

Go to any search engine e.g. google or yahoo type in islam 100s of sites will show up also the revival site contains lots information

you could also ask your imams and molvis at your local mosque

Fizzy1 I advise you to find a good Scholar and start sitting in study circles and keep your self in the company of pious people.

You'll learn a lot if you do that.

The best way to learn is with a scholar.

The second best is think of an issue. Read all about. consult otjhers. When you are sure you know what you need to know, and are satisfied with the answer, move tothe next topic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

jus not Admin's scholar..........however, if ur interested....his address is Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
jus not Admin's scholar..........however, if ur interested....his address is Lol

lol, i agree angel that site is good, anyone else have good sites that would just help give other muslim brothers and sisters some basic knowledge abt basic principles of Islam?...

Anyone know good sites or literature on how to learn the arabic language?...

please reply inshallah.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"Admin" wrote:
The best way to learn is with a scholar.

I certainly agree.

Learning 4rm a scholar really helps n guides u to the rite path of Islam but remember not just any scholar, it shuld b the RIGHT scholar.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

great advice guys

and good websites. thank you

Salam

"fizzy1" wrote:
i still find it difficult to learn more, probably because i do not know where to look.

can anyone recommend some books or websites that they know are reliable?

Fizz. Read the English translation of the Holy Quran. Best book in the world.

You can't ask for a book better than God's own book.

God's book is sufficient if you want to learn true things.

You can read it on the internet. Marmaduke Pickthall's translation is regarded by Muslims as the more accurate available. Read it a few times. You will like it.

Other books are not recommended, as they tend to confuse you more than guide you.

Omrow

looks like everyone is a fan of learning at the feet of Shaykh Yahoo bin Google :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
looks like everyone is a fan of learning at the feet of Shaykh Yahoo bin Google :roll:

But not me though.

I've not told anyone to search for anything on a search engine.

"irfghan" wrote:

I've not told anyone to search for anything on a search engine.

thats cos u searched for them :roll:

But I didn't use Google or Yahoo.

You know, search engines aren't the gateway to the internet.

They can be by-passed.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

techincally......ur wrong

that would mean Yahoo, son of google

no1 here has linked or mentioned Yahoo

and Admin's shaykh is not Yahoo, its Google

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

techincally......ur wrong

that would mean Yahoo, son of google

no1 here has linked or mentioned Yahoo

lolz u guys crack me up...

im really bored and jus readin thru al da posts because iv missed out on sooo much...gona try comin online evryday frm now on!! lolz gona haf ta see if i can make it or not!!!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

missed that bit

i thought yahoo was the daddy of Google?

or is it the other way round?

i need Mr Admin to fill me in with his shaykhs family tree

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i need Mr Admin to fill me in with his shaykhs family tree

im sure he'd jump@da chance!

I have just read this translation from the Qur'an from the section called Noah.

[b]071.023
And they have said: Forsake not your gods. Forsake not Wadd, nor Suwa', nor Yaghuth and Ya'uq and Nasr.

Could anyone shed any light on who Wadd, Suwa', Yaghuth, Ya'uq and Nasr are?

"fizzy1" wrote:

Could anyone shed any light on who Wadd, Suwa', Yaghuth, Ya'uq and Nasr are?

names of their Gods

fizzy bro... listn start wif da basics... how far is ur local masjid away from u? try to go everyday even if it is once.. make a link with some good bros ther and keep a gud frnd circle as frnds and enviroment are essential and influence u a lot...

bro if u dont mind wher do u live? wats ur local masjid?

two date seeds

lol, im a girl.

i live in north wales. mosque is just starting to grow in our area.

oh opps lol... hmmm... keep gud frnds sis thats all i can say... i been wales i went to that bangor masjid like the 1 wher u can watch em playing footie from the masjid window...

also went snowdownia (howvever u spell it) omg gorgus spent whole day ther wudu in ice cold stream salaah next to the sheep was amazing Biggrin

two date seeds

yeh sheep land!!

i live on border near chester, nice area. not many sheep though. would keep one in my back garden if i could

Pages