The Night Of Power

Salaam

We have entered the last Ashra of Ramadan…and the last odd nights.

In one of these odd nights falls Lailatul Qadr….the night of all nights….night in which the Holy Qur’an was revealed.

The the night which is considered BETTER than 83 years of worship. How much better? This is knowledge that exists with Allah (swt) alone….

The night in which prayers are answered and sins are forgiven….the night in which we are blessed with an overflow of angels.

So it makes SENSE to stay awake all night, in order to seek an abundance of reward, mercy, blessings from our Creator.

And beg the Almighty to change our kismet in our favour…to forgive our sins and to make us just the way He would like us to be.

We being the Ummah of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) are blessed with such a night…this is because we live shorter lives then the Ummats before us…..so this gift was not given to any other Ummat other then the Holy Prophet’s (saw)…

It is difficult to stay up at night. It is said that night worship is a gift from Allah (swt) which can be taken away if the worshipper begins to lie, backbite, wish bad for others, gossip etc.

In other words only pious people are fortunate enough to stay awake at night.

A man once asked a Sheikh to prescribe him a remedy which will help him stay awake at night-The Sheikh told him that he should not sin during the day and then Allah (swt) will keep him up during the night”.

So if we want to stay awake during these (last few) blessed nights of mercy and forgiveness, we should sort out the way we act during the day……we seriously need to take advantage of these last few nights of Ramadhan.

Allah (swt) knows best if we’ll see another Ramadhan.

Read more about the blessings of this night...

[url= Article [/url]

Wasalaam

thanx 4 tha info sis! Smile

* لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله * O ALLAH DA ALMIGHTY, PROTECT ME N GUIDE ME, 2 UR LUV N MERCY!

Salaam

..Its sad that because we all started Ramadan on different nights, for us the "odd" nights will be different too.

So, to be on the safe side, we should try to do that little bit extra on every one of the last ten nights of Ramadan.

Some time ago I was told about the "signs" of the Laylatul Qadr..namely that, its usually a calm night....not too hot or cold.

I'm sure there's more signs?

Wasalaam

if you can spend every night worshipping, then even better isnt it?!

like that you get maximum benefits and your on the safe side Biggrin

jus make sure the 27th one you spend doin extra.....

btw, why do most people only do the 27th night, and not the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 29th? they are still the nights of power aint they?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

btw, why do most people only do the 27th night, and not the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 29th? they are still the nights of power aint they?

good luck staying awake EVERY night for the last ten days :roll:

and btw apprently there is more evidecne that night of power falls on the 27th

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

good luck staying awake EVERY night for the last ten days :roll:

and btw apprently there is more evidecne that night of power falls on the 27th

From the Ahadith i have seen so far, i dont think it really points out the 27th, does anyone know one does? so far it seems its likey to be 21,33,25,27...Allah knows best.

In regards to Muslimsis's post i have always assumed 27th is when it is raining cuz i have assumed raining is like a blessing but thats just my assuption.

safe to stay up as long as you can as often as you can manage during the last part of ramadan. we can never know for sure when the night of power is, especially as we all started different times.

signs of when the night is may help, but they cannot guarantee when it is for definate.

[b]Laylatul Qadr [/b]

[u]by Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya[/u]
HADITH NO. 6
Ubaadah bin Saamit (Radhiallaho anho) reports that he asked the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) about "Laylatul Qadr". He replied: "It is in Ramadhan, during the last ten days, on the unevenly numbered nights, either the 21st 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th or the last night of Ramadhan. Whosoever stands in "Ibaadah" on this night, with sincere faith and with genuine hopes of gaining reward, his previous sins will be forgiven. Among the signs of this night is that it is a serene, quiet, shining night, neither hot, nor cold but temperate as if a moon is shining clear, and no meteors are shot at the "Shayateen" on that night; it lasts until the break of the dawn. Another sign is that at morn, the Sun rises without any radiant beams of light, appearing rather like the moon in it's fullness. On that day, Allah prohibits the "Shayateen" from rising up with the Sun."

COMMENTARY
Part of what has been mentioned in this Hadith has already been dealt with. Some signs are here mentioned about the actual night. These signs are clear and need no further elucidation. Apart from these, there are other signs too, as mentioned in the Ahadith or in the experiences of those who had the good fortune to experience "Laylatul Qadr." The sign that is, however; most specific in the Hadith is the rising of the sun, 'without any radiant beams of light.' Other signs are not always there. One Sahaabi, Ab'da bin Abi Lubaaba (Radhi Allaho anho) says: "On the evening of the 27th , I tasted the water of the sea and it was sweet." Ayub bin Khalid said: 'I once had to bathe myself with sea water, and on tasting it, found, it sweet. This was on the 23rd night." Some of the "Mashaaikh" (religious divines) wrote that, on the evening of "Laylatul Qadr", everything prostrates itself before Allah, so much so that trees fall flat on the ground, then return to their normal position; these are however spiritual phenomena not visible to the ordinary person.

some tips for staying awake

drink coffee,tea, coke or any other sugary or caffiene drink

eat choclates and crisps

try and get some sleep in the day, therefore your body wont be as tired at night , once you stay up late one night then sleep in the day you will change your bodys timetable therefore allowing for you to stay up all night and pray to maximise your rewards. INSHALLAH

good idea. stay up in a group- with famil etc, you can encourage each other to stay awake. more likely to fall asleep if on your own.

oh and make sure room isnt too warm- it will make you drowsy

spent the night offering as much nafl prayers as can, recitation of de holy quran in dhikr and tasbeeh and in supplications.

dont waste this night as its amean of developing special connection with allah tallah and for devoting one self to allah almighty with your heart and soul inshaallah.

i think its best to perform ibaadah individually and in solitude, instead of togather with friends family etc..or within the meetings ceromonies held at some mosques.

inshallah gonna try my best to stay awake all night.

Salaam

I personally love being in gatherings on this night…doing collective dhikr on such a spiritual night is the best feeling in the world.

If I can’t be in a gathering, I spend half the night up with family and the other half on my own..

There are a lot of blessings in being in a gathering…being with others makes up for the shortcomings that we might possess…maybe for the sake of someone in that gathering our sins may be forgiven.

…Also I might nod of if I’m on my own. My spiritual stamina is not as high as it should be..

Waslaam

The moon sighting one was funny Smile

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

subahanallah. tonights the night of worship

hey ppl

"jazzy" wrote:

So its tomorrow night for the rest of us.

"irfghan" wrote:
"jazzy" wrote:

yeh-same here

very confusing

Eid's gonna be like that too

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
"jazzy" wrote:

yeh-same here

very confusing

Eid's gonna be like that too

VERY BAD, whats wrong with everyone? not pointing here

hey ppl

tru

da least that we can do iz start rozay and celebrate eid on the same day but dat aint even hapnin...very sad

2mrw night for me az well

my big nite is tonite!? hopin to pray til late

for those whose great night is today 'dua may yaad'. may all your DUAS be accepted AMEEN.

This year, the lectures of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri during Itikaf were on 'Love'; gaining the true love of Allah and His Prophet SAW.

The lectures on Ishq-e-Rasool are totally amazing. You can listen to them here:

A summary of each lecture is given below:

Lecture 1: "...Differences between Ibadah, Abdiyyah and Abudiyyah..."

Lecture 2: "...Ishq-e-Rasool compensates for big sins (Gunah-e-Kabeerah)..."

Lecture 3: "Enemy of your beloved should be your enemy otherwise there is no love..."

Lecture 4: "...mountains of actions are no subsitute to Ishq-e-Rasool nor do they guarentee Iman"

Lecture 5:

This lecture discusses the effects of true love. How the companions used to respect the Prophet SAW. Shaykh-ul-Islam explains that the only limit with regards to how much the Holy Prophet SAW can be respected is that there is no limit. He also explains how many sahabah including Ali ibn Abi Talib and Jafir ibn Abi Talib did raks and wajd i.e.dancing arround the prophet SAW in a state of ecstasy.

This lecture is too good to miss!

International Spiritual Conference

Lecture 6:

This was the lecture delivered to the International Spiritual Conference held every year on the 27th of Ramdhan . This lecture was on the destruction of loving the world and being a slave to it. This lecture is perfect for anyone who is not religious or is more worried about gaining materialistic needs of the world more than working for the Deen. Another great unmissable lecture.

[b]Shaykh Abu Bakr as-Sudani

Shaykh Abu Bakr Babikir Ahmed Babikir as-Sudani who is the Imam and Director of Yusuf Islam's Islamia school in London and also founder of the UK based charity Ulfaaid, was a special guest at the Itikaf. He also delivered a lecture at the International Spiritual Conference. [/b]

Lecture 7:

This lecture was on 'Ruju ilal Quran'- returning to the Quran. The importance of the Holy Quran playing a vital role in our lives. The benefits and rewards of reciting, taking guidance from the Quran and acting upon it. The destruction and defeat which will result if the Quran is not recited regularly and acted upon.

Lecture 8:

The last lecture of Itikaf 2005, was on The Reality of Tasawwuf. Basically this lecture was on what Taswwuf is not. Shaykh-ul-Islam explained that Taswwaf has got nothing to do with ‘peeri mureedi’ but everything to do with having good manners, being humble, helping others, being kind to your family and relations etc.

Mehfil-e-Naat

One of the great Mefil-e-Naats of the Itikaf , was attended by Shaykh-ul-Islam and Shaykh Abu Bakr as-Sudani that lasted all night. It was a very spiritual and ecstatic experience for those who were there.

Im likin that bold part, awesome Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Some people just love complicated things.

too much for your simple one-way thinking brain to handle?

probably coz my post didnt mention women!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ