Left handed people are........

Left handed people can get all sorts of attention. Some say left handed people are 'special' some say they are 'wierd' and others are just not bothered.

Typically you find right handed people around you but the approximate percentage of left handed people is roughly 10%, that is about 700 million people. Seems alot but when you compare it to the population of the whole world its not much.

How many of you guys are left handed?

Have you had people give you a wierd, surprised or not so bothered look?

I'm not left-handed.

I've heard left-handed people are cleverer lol

Left-handed people usually have neater handwriting.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Yeah many people say left handed people are more clever but I don't know if that is true.

How many people you know are let handed?

**If my only crime is that I loved the family of Muhammad then that is such a crime from which I will never repent- Imam Al Shafi^**

Asma_H wrote:
Yeah many people say left handed people are more clever but I don't know if that is true.

How many people you know are let handed?

i dont know atleast 10 people?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Do you actually count?

No idea if it means anything, no idea how many people are left handed either.

I am probably technically left handed, but I write with my right hand and it is also more "precise" (where as the power is in the left), so that may be more ambidextrous than anything.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i just quickly thought of a few people who i know are left-handed, not really count, not completely accurate. Smile

one of my brothers is left handed. im pretty sure my son is left handed aswell. He's only a wee lad so i'm stern with him eating with his right hand, but i don't want to traumatise the poor boy like many asians do. it's a stigma in asian culture to do anything with the left hand, you are definitely seen as a weirdo in their eyes.

the brother i mentioned, he is different i think he prefers left hand, but he can do all tasks just as good with the right hand too-ambidextrous.

I don't know if its always true that left handed ppl are more intelligent than right handed folk, but some research has been done on this topic as i'm sure you're aware. I'm not so intelligent so i googled it, with my right hand.

Of course im not a fair source to ask, but seriously i think my son is very intelligent for his age, he's only just turned 3. i won't list his accomplishments in case i start bragging like a proud parent. But i have to relate one incident that may make you chuckle. He started nursery recently and is a firm favourite with the headteacher. She took him for a tour of the primary school as a treat, whilst the other children played. In one classroom she said would you like to be my little helper, assist me with my office work. He said yes but how much will you pay me by the hour?

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Awwwh Hajjar your son sounds really adorable masha-allah.

I agree with you when you say that being left handed is seen as a stigma but my family has never seen it like that as me and my sister are both left handed but I have heard some really bad cases where people have been made to feel like an outcast.

**If my only crime is that I loved the family of Muhammad then that is such a crime from which I will never repent- Imam Al Shafi^**

Hajjar wrote:
it's a stigma in asian culture to do anything with the left hand, you are definitely seen as a weirdo in their eyes.

Fool didnt know that.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Hajjar wrote:
it's a stigma in asian culture to do anything with the left hand, you are definitely seen as a weirdo in their eyes.

Fool didnt know that.

yep, my bros left handed and he used to get alot of grief for using his left hand.
Think at one point my parents taped up his left hand so he wudnt use it and HAD to use his right hand.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Hajjar wrote:

Fool didnt know that.

yep, my bros left handed and he used to get alot of grief for using his left hand.
Think at one point my parents taped up his left hand so he wudnt use it and HAD to use his right hand.

oh wait, i know what u guys mean! lol i could imagine my family doing something like that, ur poor brother!

That is soooo backward! British people stopped doing that over 100 years ago!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

Over a hundred years ago when I was at primary school, I remember being instructed/forced by the dinner lady to hold the spoon in my left hand...

I think somethings are encouraged in hadith to be done with the right hand - eating, shaking hands.

Narrated 'Umar bin Abi Salama: I was a boy under the care of Allah's Apostle and my hand used to go around the dish while I was eating. So Allah's Apostle said to me, 'O boy! Mention the Name of Allah and eat with your right hand, and eat of the dish what is nearer to you." Since then I have applied those instructions when eating.

and also

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet used to love to start doing things from the right side whenever possible, in performing ablution, putting on his shoes, and combing his hair. (Al-Ash'ath said: The Prophet used to do so in all his affairs.)

So it is considered good atleast to do some acts with the right hand.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

Over a hundred years ago when I was at primary school, I remember being instructed/forced by the dinner lady to hold the spoon in my left hand...

lol! maybe she realised u were left handed and didn't like the fact that u were 'forced' to change?

Ya'qub wrote:
You wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

lol! maybe she realised u were left handed and didn't like the fact that u were 'forced' to change?

could have been. No idea - how would she have found out? Would it be that easy to spot? I doubt many people can tell that I am right left handed.

left handed people may be considered smarter at times because they have to naturally adapt to a world that is created for right handers, so they look outside the box, come at things a different way as they are exercised in ways that right handers may not be.

Or is that just odd?

You wrote:
left handed people may be considered smarter at times because they have to naturally adapt to a world that is created for right handers, so they look outside the box, come at things a different way as they are exercised in ways that right handers may not be.

Or is that just odd?

I think it's cos left-handed people's brains are actually wired up differently. They are not necessarily 'smarter' (what actually IS intelligence???), but people in creative professions have a higher proportion of left-handers (or so I've heard), and also a high proportion of millionaires.

This is all from half-remembered facts and hearsay, btw.

Ya'qub wrote:
They are not necessarily 'smarter'

agreed.

David Beckham was a genius when it came to kicking a ball...

Why?

The problem on making your weaknesses your strengths is that they will still remain weaknesses.

wednesday wrote:
Can I not try a change?

ofcourse you can, but most people like to have these things called "reasons" for such things. "I was bored" is a good enough one.

On the other hand, saying you will use your left had just as much as your right means you are saying (if you are right handed) "I want to do things not-as-good/fast as I do them now." ...

I heard experts say genetically being right handed is a sign you are definitely heterosexual and being left handed means you're not so sure, that's what I think.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
I heard experts say genetically being right handed is a sign you are definitely heterosexual and being left handed means you're not so sure, that's what I think.

Haha.

That explains a lot Blum 3

I think most people are both handed to an extent and agree with Cube about the creative thing...

I find that i draw better with my left hand but write a lot messier with it than my right.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

wednesday wrote:
What if you're ambidextrous? (Rare stuff)

then u may be bisexual/bicurious? Blum 3

wednesday wrote:
What if you're ambidextrous? (Rare stuff)

then u may be bisexual/bicurious? Blum 3

lol

Back in BLACK