Contributing in something good without Islamic intention

The title probably made no sense.

The idea is to become a facilitator of a Youth Group. What children are taught is to think about the world around them, how to work with people, how to accept people, encourage them to learn...

The ideas are from text from a different religion that isn't Islam.

So will it be wrong to teach children these ideas which are great and humanifying...but where the foundation is from a different religion which isn't Islam?

Hope that made sense.

what you mentioned above is from islam, look at the sunnah. its all there.

There are some things where you can do even without intentions - it is kind of like water - it has a purifying aspect and to do wudu yo do not need to have the intention to do wudu.

Some things be inherently good.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

perfection was perfected in him (saw).

so all goodness that exists out there was embedded in him (saw), so whatever good you do, is from his Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) sunnah.

it may be covered up/presented differently, but it is from islam.

I know everything taught to the children will be good. But by doing this, I could be encouraging them towards the other religion. Not Islam. So doesn't that make any difference?

It might not.

what religion?

you should say 'xyy is also from the way of the Prohet (saw)'

you've got a chance to do dawah.

The Bahai faith.

They also say things are from Muhammad (pbuh). They combine all the religions.

Find some other group to facilitate that is not another religion based?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Find some other group to facilitate that is not another religion based?

Is that another way of saying not to take part in this? Actively, the religion name doesn't even get mentioned.

Job is to get across the 'principles in life'.

well if it doesn't get mentioned, you aint promoting/encouraging it.

I think I'll rely on my conscience for this.

s.b.f wrote:

Always a good idea - you know more about it than anything else. And you could always cause subterfuge... "this is all well and good, but THIS IS WAY BETTER" ...

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Always a good idea - you know more about it than anything else.

Yes, I know. But I feel guilty that I might be taking part of something that has another religious basis, although the information they get across isn't religious at all. If that makes sense. If I feel uncomfortable at any point, I can always back out.

s.b.f wrote:
You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Always a good idea - you know more about it than anything else.

Yes, I know. But I feel guilty that I might be taking part of something that has another religious basis, although the information they get across isn't religious at all. If that makes sense. If I feel uncomfortable at any point, I can always back out.

Since u wear hijab, it's clear ur a Muslim. Personally, I think working together with other faiths is a good way of promoting peace and love (hip hippy hooray!)

If anyone asks, be open about ur faith, but make it clear that we are all as one: children of Adam.

Don't just do something! Stand there.