We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I don't know.

I couldn't care less.

It's funny though.

A parrot made headline news tonight. Lol

Hey it could be a big thing. Its very similar to spanish flu which killed upto 50 million people in 1918/1919.

Now with air travel, think how bad it could get.

The thing about flu is its always changing so you cannot effectively fight it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Remeber that massive hulabaloo over SARS?

Only killed a handfull of people.

And you had to be really intimate with a sufferer to catch it.

and remember the Millenium Bug?

i'll worry wen i see something to worry about

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,

ɐɥɐɥ

Well i heard it could affect up to 275, 000 scots I am moving!!!!!!!!!! nah but i heard if its more down your end 375,000 :shock:

When i mean affect it means it gona kill that many ppl if it comes here, thats what is estimated!

wipe out the scots Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
wipe out the scots Lol

Sad your sick!!!!!! but seems if it does come more of you are gona die oh well

SARS is not really contagious... flu is.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"angel" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
wipe out the scots Lol

Sad your sick!!!!!! but seems if it does come more of you are gona die oh well

my bad....

leave the Loch Ness alone

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Bird flu is a conspiracy against girls.

"Omrow" wrote:
Bird flu is a conspiracy against girls.

How'd you figour that?

I've always thought it was a governemnt conspiracy, some sort of bio-logical weapon that got out of hand.

Back in BLACK

I was joking. Didn't you see "bird and girl" connection.

Quote:
[size=18]UK parrot 'had deadly bird flu'[/size]

A parrot that died from bird flu in UK quarantine did have the H5N1 strain that has killed at least 60 people in Asia, the government has confirmed.

Scientists have been analysing the bird for two days and had already found it to have H5 bird flu.

They will now investigate how the South American bird was infected with the deadly strain of the virus.

Experts have played down the threat to people from the disease as it does not spread easily among humans.

But there are fears of a bird flu pandemic if it mutates to spread more easily.

Concerns over the disease have prompted the UK government to call for an EU-wide ban on imports of wild birds.

Currently imports are only banned from countries which have bird flu cases, such as Romania, Thailand and Turkey.

The parrot, from Surinam, was held in a quarantine facility in Essex with birds from Taiwan.

All of the other animals that came into contact with the parrot have been culled and scientists are now testing those animals for the disease.

As the death was in quarantine, the UK's disease-free status is unchanged.

[url= News[/url]

So far the impact only seems financial. They bothering too much about what status the country has.

jus hearing on the news tho........they think the strain could somehow spread to humans.........but no case of it reported.

so why the fuss?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
jus hearing on the news tho........they think the strain could somehow spread to humans.........but no case of it reported.

so why the fuss?

It can already spread to humans from animals.

It will be deadly when it an spread from human to human.

Note I said 'if' not 'when'. According to scientists it will happen.

Flu is always changing. It is very contagious. If the version that can spread between humans is just as deadly (if not more) that the strain in the birds, it would be catastrophic. If it is less, it could still be catastrophic.

so should we be worrying?

and does that mean no chicken burger? :shock:

...please say it isnt so!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

why worry? either you get it, or you don't. Either you live or you die. Nowt that worry will effect.

And you can have your chicken. After all after death the flu don't do much.

As always make sure all meat is properly cooked through.

however interesting all this took abt bird flue and culling chikens is, I have a burning qsn . . .

what came first, the egg or the chicken?

lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

nothin shall stop me from Florida.....even you Admin :evil:

the Chicken btw

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

This Avian Flu is very dangerous disease because there is
no cure against it; and it is likey to kill 1000 000 000 ( thats one billion ) people !!

And guess who is making the most money supplying useless remedies ?

Read these previous articles on this H5N1 Bird Flu:

Omrow

BBC New[/url]"][size=18]'Three bird flu cases' in Ankara[/size]

Two children and an adult have tested positive for the deadly H5N1 bird flu strain in Turkey's capital Ankara, the city's governor Kemal Onal has said.

The results have not been confirmed by World Health Organization labs, but are still likely to trigger panic, says the BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Turkey.

If confirmed they will be Turkey's first cases outside the eastern region of Van, about 1,000km (620 miles) away.

A poultry cull is under way in Van to try to contain the virus outbreak.

[b]London tests[/b]

As well as the three new cases in Ankara, another two people in the eastern region of Van have also tested positive for H5N1, Mr Onal said.

Our correspondent says the three people who tested positive in Ankara come from a town about one hour's drive from the city.

It is not clear how they could have contracted the disease, although the were reports of ducks in the town having the virus, our correspondent adds.

The results will now be checked by scientists at the WHO laboratory in London.

In the eastern town of Dogubeyazit, in Van, three children from the same family died last week, at least two of them from the virulent H5N1 bird flu strain, which has killed more than 70 people in South-East Asia.

Tests are still under way on the third child to see if she also died from H5N1.

[b]Accusations of slowness[/b]

All three children - a 14-year-old boy and his 11 and 15-year-old sisters - were living in close contact with poultry and there is still no evidence that the disease has begun to spread between humans.

Nonetheless a local hospital has been besieged by panicked residents seeking treatment for symptoms.

Twenty people remain in hospital in the city of Van under treatment for suspected bird flu.

A team of WHO doctors is in Turkey to help investigate the deaths and look for any signs of transmission between humans.

The WHO has attempted to play down fears of the disease, as Turkish officials sought to defend themselves from accusations they were slow to act.

The cull of all winged animals was only half complete almost a week after the first fatality, our correspondent said on Saturday.

Officials say they have had difficulty persuading people in the impoverished rural region to deliver all of their poultry up for slaughter, whether the birds appear healthy or not.

Meanwhile, Russia's Interfax news agency reported on Sunday that the country's chief epidemiologist has told his countrymen not to travel to Turkey - a popular vacation destination for Russians - because of the bird flu outbreak.

"I earnestly advise Russian citizens to refrain from travelling to Turkey, especially to the eastern province of Agri and the city of Dogubeyazit... where the situation is particularly alarming," Interfax quoted Gennady Onishchenko as saying.

[url= New[/url]

I can't help but feel that alot of people are gonna die this year...

BBC News[/url]"][size=18]Human bird flu spreads in Turkey[/size]

Five new human cases of bird flu have been identified in several Turkish provinces, pushing the number of infected up to 14, officials say.

At least two children have died of the deadly H5N1 variety of the virus in the east of Turkey, and three cases of the strain have been found around Ankara.

If confirmed, these cases would be the first outside the eastern region of Van, about 1,000km (620 miles) away.

However there is no evidence the virus is being passed from human to human.

The two siblings confirmed to have died of bird flu in Van had close contact with poultry.

Tests are still being carried out on their 11-year-old sister, who also died, to see if she was also infected with H5N1.

International experts have gone to the region, where a mass cull of poultry is underway, to try to find out how quickly H5N1 is spreading.

It is unclear how many of the new cases across the country are of the H5N1 strain, but the fact that the virus is travelling from the rural east to the more urbanised west is seen as worrying.

The latest five cases to be reported are in the Black Sea provinces of Kastamonu, Corum and Samsun.

While the death rate on contracting the H5N1 strain is high, those who have died appear to have caught it from very close contact with sick birds.

The main concern is that the virus will mutate into a form easily transmissible between humans, but this has yet to occur.

The deaths of the two children last week were in themselves the first outside of South East Asia, where around 70 people have been killed by the virus in the past two years.

[b]Culling difficulties[/b]

The Ankara outbreak has not been confirmed by World Health Organization labs.

The three people who tested positive there come from a town about one hour's drive from the city.

It is not clear how they could have contracted the disease, although there were reports of ducks in the town having the virus.

The results will now be checked by scientists at the WHO laboratory near London.

The WHO has attempted to play down fears of the disease, as Turkish officials sought to defend themselves from accusations they were slow to act in Van. Officials there have now asked residents to dig pits and bury their own birds.

They say they have had difficulty persuading people in the impoverished rural region to deliver all of their poultry up for slaughter, whether the birds appear healthy or not.

Meanwhile Iran, which shares a border with eastern Turkey, has closed one of its border crossings, officials told Turkey's Anatolia state news agency.

Indonesian authorities confirmed on Monday that a 39-year-old man died of bird flu on 1 January, after he had come into contact with chickens that had died from the deadly strain.

If confirmed by the WHO as a victim of H5N1, the case would be the 12th fatality from the strain in Indonesia.

[url= News[/url]

Salam

Scientists are known to do some pretty stupid things. But this barbaric act beats the lot.

On television, news I saw men in masks burning the poultry alive.

Yes. They were burning thousands of poor little chickens ALIVE !!

They showed the hole in the grounds in which they had thrown the birds and poured patrol over them. One of the chickens escaped the hole in the ground, and ran away screaming for its life.

They have have been doing this since last year. Killing by fire of thousands of healthy chickens hoping that this will prevent the spread of the deadly flu virus.

Scientific stupidity at its worst.

Omrow

Just cook the meat.

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for any human is zero.

People will die anyway. We are good at dying and killing.

This year, 2006 will be a good year for death.