❤ ♡ Peace & Love - A Greetings Thread ♡ ❤

379 posts / 0 new
Last post

Jum'ah Mubarak, Shabbat Shallom, enjoy the weather and all that.

It took me a while to figure that image out. Actually, I only could comprehend it after reading the caption.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Woah that is indeed very cool!!

Happy Weekend people, apparently its going to rain tomorrow though Sad

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Foysol89 wrote:
bilan wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:
Im planning on going to snowdon soon, book a villa near there and have a massive barbeque with lots of meat Biggrin

im jealous...:(

Dont be, be happy for me Smile

ill be both. and tht pic is way cool! (ocean)

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Pretty damn cool worldwide webz!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

[size=14][color=orange]Happy Friday![/color][/size]

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

[color=lime]Jumuah Mubarak, Shabbat Shalom, Have a Good Weekend[/color]

Peace & Love,

Joie de Vivre

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzC7WBtu34I]
Not for the Cadburys.

&

Jum'ah Mubarak, Shabbat Shallom, happy weekend.

(Apparently some people consider saying "jum'ah mubarak" to be a bidiah...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

that web picture is too cool. for a moment i thought it was water..have to read caption. i wanna see it in real life! no..wait..do i really...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

[center]
[color=deepskyblue]
Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom!
[/color][/center]

We were going to visit Anglesey but stopped in Llanfairfechan. My newlywed friend was showing his Israeli in-laws some of the wildlife under rocks on the beach and I went on my own little foray. Probably you can tell when the photo is one of mine because there is no subject or if there is a subject it will not be in focus. Posted an old shot because my camera has been on the blink for ages and I don't have many recent ones.

Happy Spring! Congratulations! May your results be excellent!

Happy Holidays! Biggrin

OCEAN!!! CONGRATSS WOUAAHHH!!!!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Jum'ah Mubarak, SHabbat Shallom and greetings to all those who come in peace.

and since Marriage is a sacred institution, happy royal wedding too.

Ocean wrote:
.with Mr Revision! Fool

What?! No! That can't be I have a date with Mr Revision! That two-timing rat! :X Watch me dump him! >_<

Jummah Mubarak, Shabbot Shalom, Happy 4 day weekend! Biggrin

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Jummah Mubarak, Shabbot Shalom, Happy 4 day weekend! Biggrin

Hadn't thought about that. You too!

You wrote:
Jum'ah Mubarak, SHabbat Shallom and greetings to all those who come in peace.

and since Marriage is a sacred institution, happy royal wedding too.

Happy Royal Wedding to you too! Someone should give Fergie's girls a TV show that we would only watch once out of curiosity, but it would be popular, honestly. Probably Living.

Ocean wrote:

Eyes:

It is interesting how subtle adjustments to the context of an image can powerfully change it's effect. I call it the Malevich effect - his mechanical shapes hung vertically give (me) the impression of falling, even if they are intended to convey other dynamics. And a lot of dubious artwork looks brilliant when put on a slide, all illuminated and squarely framed. In this case the catalogue page on the screen really does credit to your caption. Nice one Ocean!

[center]Jumu'ah Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom!

Frog

Chicken

with eggs[/center]

That's a common frog and a chicken of the woods, and I didn't eat the frog, and I learned chicken of the woods really needs seasoning and probably bread crumbs, ftr.

Does it taste like chicken?

tbh I am much better at finding delicacies than I am at cooking them, and it wasn't brilliant - kept it very simple, which is proper when trying an unusual food for the first time, but the taste was weak and it needs to be seasoned. It should taste and feel like chicken but never having eaten chicken idk. It was very tender, and as it gets older it gets stringy so perhaps that is like chicken, but then it gets too hard to eat. If I can't get any part of it to crisp then it belongs in risottos and other dishes where soft textures are welcome. I have the same issue with puffballs - maybe I am making a mistake frying them and thereby locking in the moisture. I will have to pioneer a new method.

I take it you're not a vegetarian - but you've never had chicken before?!

Easy Ocean!

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
I take it you're not a vegetarian - but you've never had chicken before?!

I have never eaten chicken because I am vegetarian.

I was about to post a dandelion that was almost in focus but here is a chicken that I just snapped on a fairly uneventful walk, wishing everyone a joyous weekend, almost in focus.

[center]chicken

[color=tomato]Jumu'ah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom!
Peace & Goodwill for the win![/color][/center]

All my photos from the last couple of days have turned out a bit like this. It's cool anyway, but I took some shots of things I have never seen before. I need a new camera. Smile

Hope you've had a great week, feel free to share anything cool.

[center][color=dimgray]Jumu'ah Mubarak & Shabbat Shalom![/color]

Jumu'ah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/center]

Woah, is your camera *that* messed up or was whatever you're taking a pic of actually this colour? What sorta new things did you see?

The reply to the last question is so boring I am going to PM it and not ruin the thread with Latin names. Thank you for asking. Smile

My new camera will be a lot better, and I will have to be a lot more careful with it.

A phone app called Camera Magic theoretically takes nice clear shots but it takes a few seconds to start up and focusing also requires 4 seconds of stillness or it crashes. And obviously there's only so much depth of focus anyway. The cutest rabbit ever bolted while I was starting it up just earlier, and it happens a lot with moving things. But having failed to find any amphibians all weekend I was glad to see these just now, under slabs by a pond, and the shots were taken by resting the phone on an adjacent slab and just letting the lens overhang so there wouldn't be any shake.
[center]
[/center]

Aanyway maybe soon I will start a new thread for my showing off so that this can serve its intended purpose and be fun.

Joie de Vivre wrote:

Aanyway maybe soon I will start a new thread for my showing off

please do Smile

I don't like frogs. I find them impossible to converse with... not to forget ugly, slimy, amphibians with bad skin and pathetic crocodile like eyes, fat, jumpy and did I mention UGLY? Are you going to Peru to picture some of the poisonous pretty little one? (The ones which glow in the dark... I kid they don't really)

Sorry. I did however notice the woodlouse in the second picture (Where is it? @ 5'oclock) They have far too many legs!

and I agree I think you should defo make another blog where you just paste all your lovely work! I want to see your paintings too, I'm DYING to see something different in "art"

Now that I'm done with uni-life; I just want to sit and stare at:

[Portobello Beach, Edinburgh]

But at the same time, I'm quite excited to start something new. I need get myself a good camera too; have you done your research? Anyone else have any ideas about cameras?

I'm quite looking forward to the summer this year, I normally don't like summers. Anyway:

Happy Weekend people!

and I HAD to share this:

Ocean wrote:
I don't like frogs. I find them impossible to converse with... not to forget ugly, slimy, amphibians with bad skin and pathetic crocodile like eyes, fat, jumpy and did I mention UGLY?

Well look who's talking!

Ocean wrote:
Are you going to Peru to picture some of the poisonous pretty little one? (The ones which glow in the dark... I kid they don't really)

My friend has poison dart frogs so I wouldn't have to travel to Peru. Blum 3

Ocean wrote:
Sorry. I did however notice the woodlouse in the second picture (Where is it? @ 5'oclock) They have far too many legs!

Sorry! But millipedes have more.

Ocean wrote:
and I agree I think you should defo make another blog where you just paste all your lovely work! I want to see your paintings too, I'm DYING to see something different in "art"

Thanks! Most of my work isn't so lovely but when I do get a proper blog under way I will let you know, probably. Smile

Ocean wrote:
But at the same time, I'm quite excited to start something new. I need get myself a good camera too; have you done your research? Anyone else have any ideas about cameras?

I just bought a basic Canon DSLR but for the depth of focus I want on close-ups I was no worse off with my point & shoot. I need to try out a few more things with it but I may return it. With expensive lenses this camera would probably do fine but a similar-priced hybrid like the Sony A55 might be a better option here. Plus DSLRs are so bulky that I only want to carry one about if the results are brilliant. I guess if you can only just stretch to a DSLR with basic lenses maybe don't. If you do I understand Canon and Nikon are the market leaders.

Anyway.

[center]
[/center]">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RODr0Fg8pNc][/center]

I would love that to happen to me.

[center][color=olivedrab]Jumu'ah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/color]

[/center]

[center][color=orangered]Jumu'ah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/color]

[/center]

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Ocean wrote:
I don't like frogs. I find them impossible to converse with... not to forget ugly, slimy, amphibians with bad skin and pathetic crocodile like eyes, fat, jumpy and did I mention UGLY?

Well look who's talking!

Ocean wrote:
Are you going to Peru to picture some of the poisonous pretty little one? (The ones which glow in the dark... I kid they don't really)

My friend has poison dart frogs so I wouldn't have to travel to Peru. Blum 3

Ocean wrote:

Sorry! But millipedes have more.

Ocean wrote:

Thanks! Most of my work isn't so lovely but when I do get a proper blog under way I will let you know, probably. Smile

Ocean wrote:

I just bought a basic Canon DSLR but for the depth of focus I want on close-ups I was no worse off with my point & shoot. I need to try out a few more things with it but I may return it. With expensive lenses this camera would probably do fine but a similar-priced hybrid like the Sony A55 might be a better option here. Plus DSLRs are so bulky that I only want to carry one about if the results are brilliant. I guess if you can only just stretch to a DSLR with basic lenses maybe don't. If you do I understand Canon and Nikon are the market leaders.

Anyway.

[center]
[/center]">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RODr0Fg8pNc][/center]

I would love that to happen to me.

[center][color=olivedrab]Jumu'ah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/color]

[/center]

Oh I liked that video! Smile

Are u a pro photographer or something Joey? Yh I know, taking liberties calling u Joey but I see others call u that, feels kinda formal calling u Joie de Vivre...

I love taking pictures myself actually, another excuse to get a smartphone with a nice camera cos mine not so much. I think Ill save buying an actual camera till later...

I actually did want to know the reason behind the purple photo!

You can call me anything, bilan. I need to have good habitat and macro shots of various flora, so I am working on my photography, but I am not a pro photographer. I am lucky to have advice from my younger brother who is a pro.

wasn't me, it was in several papers a month or two ago.

The flower photo is mine. When I take a macro shot I still want some depth of focus on the subject itself, and you can see in this photo that with the kit lens the DSLR I got wasn't about to give me that. So I have swapped it for an Olympus XZ-1 that was very well reviewed on dpreview.com (reliable site!). I received it yesterday (from WarehouseExpress, who had the best price, helped me on the phone and sent it superfast) and charged it and am reading the manual - so I won't upload a test shot just now, but I love it. I can literally touch the subject with the lens and still have it in focus. It is a very good compact rather than a DSLR or bridge. I will let Ocean know how it goes. Clyde Falls looks pretty cool.

Lot of peace and love to everyone!

[center]Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom!
[b][size=17]
[color=lawngreen]Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom! Jagshemash![/color]
[/size][/b][/center]

Jum'ah Mubarak, Shabbat shallom.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
You can call me anything, bilan. I need to have good habitat and macro shots of various flora, so I am working on my photography, but I am not a pro photographer. I am lucky to have advice from my younger brother who is a pro.

wasn't me, it was in several papers a month or two ago.

The flower photo is mine. When I take a macro shot I still want some depth of focus on the subject itself, and you can see in this photo that with the kit lens the DSLR I got wasn't about to give me that. So I have swapped it for an Olympus XZ-1 that was very well reviewed on dpreview.com (reliable site!). I received it yesterday (from WarehouseExpress, who had the best price, helped me on the phone and sent it superfast) and charged it and am reading the manual - so I won't upload a test shot just now, but I love it. I can literally touch the subject with the lens and still have it in focus. It is a very good compact rather than a DSLR or bridge. I will let Ocean know how it goes. Clyde Falls looks pretty cool.

Lot of peace and love to everyone!

[center]Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom!
[b][size=17]
[color=lawngreen]Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom! Jagshemash![/color]
[/size][/b][/center]

Anything hey?? *thinks real hard* Blum 3
No, Ill behave myself Wink You mean the flower picture below the video was taken by you?

Pages