❤ ♡ Peace & Love - A Greetings Thread ♡ ❤

379 posts / 0 new
Last post

Have a great weekend! x

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

[center]

This weekend is The Big Garden Birdwatch. Click the pic for details.

**********Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom!**********

x

[/center]

Joey have you set up a blog or something to share your pics?

Happy Weekend everyone. Hopefully there'll be lots of rain! 

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Thanks, I do set up blogs and then forget about them. Fool

Have a lovely weekend!

Have you ever been to Monkey Forest near Stoke? I went last year, they have a bunch of macaques that I expect to escape one day and create the Planet of the Macaques, and for now you can just walk around with them to see what that would be like. Kind of cool.

Donkey's years ago Les Miserables came to The Palace Theatre in Manchester. The production featured a huge set complete with rotating stage and I was totally blown away by the cast, the scenery and of course the musical itself. I've seen it a couple of times in London as well, most recently 4 or 5 years ago, and the theatre was smaller and although the set was still Cameron Mackintosh's spectacular rigging it all felt a little constrained and tired. Still a powerful musical. Anyway I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, if you have please let us know what you thought. Feedback so far is it is great if you haven't seen an amazing stage production, and good fun if you have. (The clip below is from a 10th anniversary special with a big orchestra on stage and standing mics. Obviously that isn't the usual set-up.)

OK. Jumu'ah Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom!  Have a great weekend.  Smile

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-tnHmOaOg8]

"At the end of the day there's another day dawning

And the sun in the morning is waiting to rise..."

Yes, I've been to MONKEY FOREST. I went there over 5 years ago i think? It was a good experience full of Barbary Macaques! I found them really adorable.

Hummus wrote:
Yes, I've been to MONKEY FOREST. I went there over 5 years ago i think? It was a good experience full of Barbary Macaques! I found them really adorable.

They are. Probably best if you have young family members. Biggrin

Titanium wrote:
I LOVED les miserables! not seen the production but cinema version was Epic!

In the midst of despair, darkness and bad theres always the throb of love, hope and  ompassion! 

my favourote part was ebony dies. beautiful! I think its called A Little Fall of Rain. quite liked red n black and look down!

have a happy weekend!

Just saw the film, worth seeing on a big screen and definitely held up well against the theatre production, most impressive (but I was overtired and it was about 4 songs too long! In the theatre you get a break).

Peace and Love, people!

Enjoy the half term kids 

Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
Peace and Love, people!

Enjoy the half term kids 

Smile

Aye much love, am on my phone so no pics or vids. You don't need them, just have a great weekend!

My boiler went last night. On inspection it was two special fuses on the circuit board.  That suggests some other problem is blowing the fuses but in the hope of a few weeks respite and after a chilly night I went to an electrical shop and replaced the fuses (they cost pennies; boiler repairs can run into many hundreds).  When the boiler fired up again I was so proud.  Then after a few hours they blew again.  Sad  Fortunately I bought spares and fitted those so if it stays on long enough I can quickly shower before going out to my brother's for Shabbat dinner, and I've got a good plumber coming round Monday so I will keep the boiler switched off unless I really need it and hopefully I won't have to go smelly for a day or invest in electric heaters.  fyi.  And now I'd best rush.

Jumu'ah Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom!

Joie de Vivre wrote:
My boiler went last night. On inspection it was two special fuses on the circuit board.  That suggests some other problem is blowing the fuses but in the hope of a few weeks respite and after a chilly night I went to an electrical shop and replaced the fuses (they cost pennies; boiler repairs can run into many hundreds).  When the boiler fired up again I was so proud.  Then after a few hours they blew again.  Sad  Fortunately I bought spares and fitted those so if it stays on long enough I can quickly shower before going out to my brother's for Shabbat dinner, and I've got a good plumber coming round Monday so I will keep the boiler switched off unless I really need it and hopefully I won't have to go smelly for a day or invest in electric heaters.  fyi.  And now I'd best rush.

Jumu'ah Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom!

We had to switch our boiler off recently, for like a day. It was FREEZING. My room's usually pretty cold anyway :/ but this I couldn't deal with. Thankfully we did get electric heaters but I couldn't use them so I went to my uncle's Smile

Hope yours doesn't bust again!

Happy weekend people Biggrin

FInally got the boiler fixed, all week it was working with my spare fuses but I couldn't leave it on for long, maybe an hour of heating here and there and for hot water. Plumber finally had the part yesterday. Smile

Here's a nice game:

And here's a good vid:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY]

Jumuah Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom! Have a good weekend!

I saw that vid yesterday, it's well made, and touching 

but I raise it with this vid

">http://youtu.be/zAIPL5O9Uwk]

Oh come on, that's not a raise, the poem vid was way better. You didn't even wish anyone a nice weekend. 

Hey everyone, watch this">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ]

No, really, I like this one. There's another one out there with two people doing something similar but this is the original meme:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw]

That mug looks really big?

@Joey, you're right it was kinda lame compared to the spoken word but I thought it was amazing then because I've never even solved a rubik's cube Sad and my juggling isn't great either lol

that hand vid- what on earth?!

"Titanium" wrote:

How's the following for breakfast

Pretty nice. Sweet tooth much? Smile

TPOS I thought he was solving three Rubik's Cubes, that would have been way impressive. I was good with those as a kid but lost the knack. The thing with Rubik's Cubes is to know the middle, corner and edge pieces and then it isn't as complicated as it looks, I think.

Another nice link:

And a random vid:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6jW9y59JY]

that collab vid made my shockwave flash crash :/

Sorry TPOS!

re: Peace & Love, these guys found a lamb about to be washed out to sea.

Smile

And I've got a new browser homepage, perhaps it's a touch cheesy but it's neat anyway.

And I'll share a couple of links to this comic I found funny.   and . You might want to use that second one now and again in response to the odd forum post.

This guy has some cool thingies (browse more from the little icons at the top):

And here's a random nature pic I took some time:

[color=deeppink]And Jumu'ah Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom! Happy Women's Day and have a great weekend![/color]

Awww cute little lamb was saved Smile

I like "He who dies with the most toys - still dies" the best out of those

lol I'm gna try to use that as a reply Blum 3

where/how did you find the tossing turning thing? 

How dare you be stereotypical and use pink Blum 3

Have a great weekend people Biggrin

The pink says I'm comfortable with pink. Blum 3

The link is one I . Having given the secret away I might just stick to music vids and my photos in future. Biggrin

Have a great weekend!

Titanium wrote:
awww thats the kindest thing someone has done for a lamb! Bravo! 

and you just stood there to take some photos -.-

lol

Happy Women's Day. Yes, yes, we are awesome. I'm having a (moderately) fun weekend, hope its fun for everyone else too!

Biggrin I didn't just stand there, I pushed the lamb in and then took photos while a couple of guys tried to save it before it drowned. The shot of the lamb on the rock is just beforehand. (No, my photo was at the bottom of the post, the lamb ones are a cute story off the internet.)

Wandering around Manchester recently I was somewhat disappointed that both Cube and Urbis are now pants - Urbis is now a football museum and Cube had a bunch of schoolkids' pics on the walls. Anyway this is in the Manchester Museum, I do love it:

[img]

Jumu'ah Mubarak & Shabbat Shalom!

Liberal Judaism offers some of the culture of a traditional monotheistic religion without sitting in judgement. I like the warmth and depth of old tradition and find Liberal Judaism bland, but that is an emotional reaction. For someone who wants a bit of community and to find their own religious path it is an option. Or maybe he fancies the girls there.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend. Smile

Jumu'ah Moo-barak! Peace and love! Have a great weekend! Smile

[IMG]

Walking in the park I photographed this dandelion, which I always thought was the male, with the yellow flower being the female. The more you think about that the less sense it makes.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_QqtXoyQw]

Googling brought up the above vid and  which set me straight. How silly am I? How cool is this plant?

I put a bunch of them in my spaghetti tonight with some wild garlic flowers and the mushrooms I found yesterday, and a bit of cheddar. Do I sound pleased with myself?

Biggrin

[IMG]

Jumu'ah Mubarak! Have a great weekend! Shabbat Shalom! Let's boogie...

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07nqdSJn0I&list=PLF410696487AFF734]

Yahoo

Music 2

Dance 4

Dirol

For Hummus --> [IMG]

Joie de Vivre wrote:
For Hummus --> [IMG]

Joie, Ooh la la. I am absolutely honoured that you have one specifically for me and I actually do like it. I love it really - a dancing banana, thank you very much! Maybe i should try those moves out, lol. After a very tiring morning and a long walk home, that did make me chuckle.

I have just learnt something new about dandelions! I never even knew such a process existed. Did you just say that you put dandelions into your spaghetti or did i read it wrong? Seems like you're the new inventor round here. What other crazy stuff do you get upto?

Wait there, i just realised WHY you sent me that banana. For Hummus. For Hummus. For Hummus. Why didn't i realise this as soon as i saw it? Hummus should have known straight away. Such a cheeky thing to do! I totally get it now.

Wink

so..me and the friends i got into this conundrum were wondering WHAT were dandelions, the yellow flower or the blowing thing. turns out its both. i rseriously didnt know this. its sooooooo cool.i shall show that vid to all my friends.

where does Joie live. its so beautiful. and like...diverse.

edit: just clicking the links above and found this: like it. so nowadays what would our piechart be like.

i really do like the Hawaiian rules, especially the toy one because of the childhood touch.

this one though i had to read a few times:

Goals are deceptive -the unaimed arrow never misses

hmm...

--

i forgot how interesting htat topic is

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Hummus,

Angel

[IMG]

Looking To See,

Timperley. The closest locations for a good walk are Dunham, Tatton and Lymm, but I get a lot further out if I need to, and if I'm in Cornwall or Wales or the Lakes or Scotland, or anywhere with cool nature spots, I'm in my element. Anyway on any long journey I'm liable to stop and survey the local wildlife. So these photos aren't all from my doorstep although you'd be surprised at what you can find pretty much anywhere once you get into the swing of it. Smile

Looking To See wrote:

Goals are deceptive -the unaimed arrow never misses

hmm...

In Hawaii at least. Acute

Wow I feel proud that I knew about dandelions aagesssssss ago Blum 3

But then I did have them in my back garden. I saw them on the telly the other day and it made me remember how I used to make wishes and blow them lol

And Happy weekend!

Pages