When is Eid ul Fitr 2009

Simple enough.

When you get a confirmation, post it.

Can I take the first bet at thursday?

After about three weeks of wanting Ramadan over and done with, right now, I do not mind if it was eid on Monday instead of tomorrow.

Maybe I have grown? Either that or it could be that I have done absolutely zero shopping so far...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Maybe I have grown? Either that or it could be that I have done absolutely zero shopping so far...

Nah, its because you've grown. Smile

Everyone I know is celebrating on Sunday. 29 day Ramadan this year.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
Nah, its because you've grown. Smile

I could make a fat joke here (and I have been going around all morning saying "I have grown as a person"...), but on a different topic, you also may be right.

Ever since the 23rd of Ramadan, my opinions, views and outlook on some events seem to have ever so slightly changed for what is probably the better. (and no, I did not spend the night praying o0r anything remotely positive. For one, I had lost count of days and thought it an "even night" - even sort of "correcting" rawrrs on the matter.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

wednesday wrote:
Saudi and Pakistan and surrounding area are also celebrating on sunday, aint this awesome?

only very few parts of pakistan. but it wouldnt really be cool anyway, cuz you'd expect them to (maybe) have a different eid to us anyway as theyr'e on the other side of the world. apparently in the time of the prohphet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) they even had different eid days in Makkah and Medina - it depended on the sighting of the moon obviously.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi