staying strong through ramadan

salaam
at the begining of ramdan all was going well. read all my prayers and used 2 read quran, not listen to music etc. but that we have reached half way through that spark that i had inside me seems to be disappearing...
it seems to be going on forever, i still pray and stuff but just see it all differently. if i missed a prayer and the begining i would have died with guilt lol, but i only read 1 yesterday and already missed 1 2day and it just seems to be kind of normal. and i started talking to loads of girls again which isnt good. what can i do to stop being so careless and be more focused.#

2nd question
i have a serious pain in my leg. its fine when am just walking but when am praying and go down and all my bodys wieght is put onto it, i have to literaly try my best not 2 scream out in pain. can i read sitting down until i recover?
thank youuuuuuu

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

You gotta build the tolerance and the patience that it requires.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

idi wrote:
salaam
2nd question
i have a serious pain in my leg. its fine when am just walking but when am praying and go down and all my bodys wieght is put onto it, i have to literaly try my best not 2 scream out in pain. can i read sitting down until i recover?
thank youuuuuuu

wsalaams and yes

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

it does get like that some ramadans. you charge at the beginning then run out of energy half way through or just collapse.i am still trying to work out how to get over that hump.
and about the leg, hope it gets better soon, you can pray sitting down.
and just make dua that allah makes you strong, dua works wonders mate

Q1, ...what can i do to stop being so careless and be more focused?

A few humble suggestions:

- Try to keep good company. If your 'friends' are not so practicing, reduce contact with them. Likewise, if your friends are practicing, engage with them more.
- Engage with your family, especially your parents. Ask if they have any tasks or chores you can help with.
- Get involved with your local Majid's Ramadhan activities.
- Remove temptation, e.g. switch off the television, or ensure you only watch Islamic channels. If you read the newspapers, read an Islamic book or magazine instead.
- Instead of listening to music, discover Islamic nasheeds that you like. There are so many new nasheed artists with new nasheeds being released all the time.
- If you tend to spend a lot of time online, engage in online Islamic portals like DeenPort, Muxlim etc.
- Engage in Dhikr Allah, e.g. recite Subhan Allah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar...whenever possible.
- Set yourself targets, e.g. to finish one Quran by the end of the month. Then try to read a chapter every day. Even if you don't complete it, you will still get rewarded for the chapters you have completed.
- Try to learn something new (Islamic) every day. This could be through reading a book or asking a scholar.

Insha Allah, I hope that helps.

Q2, ...can i read sitting down until i recover?

Yes.

Asalamu alaykum,

The middle 10 days are now upon us!

Are you feeling:
- Sick?
- De-motivated?
- Have you shelved some of the good things you said you would do at the beginning of Ramadan because you're just too tired these days?

No worries.

This lecture is specifically about how to keep strong during the middle of Ramadhan...hope you benefit from it insha'allah.

thank youuu very muchhh. al take a look at that lecture aswell

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

UniteTheUmmah wrote:
This lecture is specifically about how to keep strong during the middle of Ramadhan...hope you benefit from it insha'allah.

"There are many people at the start of a marathon, and many people at the end of a marathon, but not as many in the middle"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
It's a marathon, not a sprint.

You gotta build the tolerance and the patience that it requires.

I think Noor mentioned once on here, that when you keep doing something for a certain number of days (40 days- I think) that it becomes a habit into your daily routine. So at the end of the day, praying everyday in Ramadan even if you don't feel like doing so may lead to a person doing their five prayers out of habit once Ramadan has ended.

1) ADVICE: Keep reading articles about fasting so you can keep reminding yourself of the 'THE WHOLE POINT OF FASTING AND THE MONTH OF RAMADAN' inshAllah!
(it works for me, Allahmdolillah)

2) if you cant read, read in the way that easier for you.
I have a relative who cannot sit on the floor and read- so she sits on a chair and reads.
I have a relative who cannot go ito sajdah on floor- so she reads at a table and puts her prayer mat there and gos int sujdah there etc.
Everyone has difficulties and different circumstances during prayer, and have to alter their prayers,- you are not alone!

May Allah make the difficulties easier for all and give sabr wen we r in pain, Ameen.

Remember Islam came to make things easy for us.