Arabs charged over Dutch cartoon

An Arab organisation is to be put on trial in the Netherlands over its publication of a cartoon deemed offensive to Jews, prosecutors say.

The cartoon, published by the Arab European League (AEL) on its website, questions the Holocaust.

It said the decision to prosecute illustrated bias against Muslims.

It said the same standards were not applied to the Dutch MP Geert Wilders, who made a film including cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Last month prosecutors said they would not put the far-right MP on trial for distributing the controversial Danish cartoons, which caused a storm of protest after their publication in 2005.

However, he is still being investigated separately for inciting hatred against Muslims by making statements comparing Islam to Nazism.

Read more @

The most sensible part of that article:

But Jewish groups said it was not reasonable for the group to express its opposition to alleged bias against Muslims, by attacking Jews.

Ronny Naftaniel of the Center for Documentation on Israel, said: "Imagine if Dutch Jews insulted Muslims every time they heard an anti-Semitic remark. What kind of perverse world would we be living in?"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
The most sensible part of that article:

But Jewish groups said it was not reasonable for the group to express its opposition to alleged bias against Muslims, by attacking Jews.

Ronny Naftaniel of the Center for Documentation on Israel, said: "Imagine if Dutch Jews insulted Muslims every time they heard an anti-Semitic remark. What kind of perverse world would we be living in?"

I think the point they're making is that when ppl attack Islam, it's "fine", it's "freedom of speech"

but

when you attack the jewish people, or jewish faith, then everyone is so quick to defend them and say that's wrong, that's anti semitism

there's a bias

im not saying what they did is right or wrong
just tryin to see what the logic is behind their actions

1R4M wrote:

Why not?

If you see something as wrong, is it not our duty to speak out against it?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
1R4M wrote:

Why not?

If you see something as wrong, is it not our duty to speak out against it?

u misunderstood
what I meant was
I was trying to explain their reasoning
I wasn't defending them or speaking out against them

honestly tho
it was wrong of them
BUT
I can see the reasoning behind it