Fitzpatrick: ‘Why I want law banning segregation’

GOVERNMENT Minister Jim Fitzpatrick has called for segregation to be outlawed in Britain.

The controversial East London Labour MP, who hit the headlines last week after walking out of a Muslim wedding for being asked to sit apart from his wife, insists segregation of men and women outside places of worship should be against the law.

Read more @

Tags: 

i don't see what this guys problem is everyone has a free choice as to whether he/she wants to attend a event that is segregated. its not like muslims are forced to go. So why should it be banned?

He had issues because his host failed to tell him the event he attended would be segregated, now he's blowing it into a civil rights issue???

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

The guy's "problem" is rather technical.

From what I have read, he used to bank on the Muslim vote to get him into office. However for next year, he will have a Muslim standing against him, so he expects to lose all those banked votes.

Til the elections you will see a rollercoaster of hurt, jealousy, rage and also an attempt to try and capitalise on the anti Muslim vote to give himself the best chance he can to hold onto power.

Or I may be wrong...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.