SHOULD WE SPICE UP OUR FORUMS WITH VIDEO EMAILS?

Salaams,

click here to see video:
[url=

Do you think we should spice up our forums by adding in a new dimension? Imagine everyone seeing and hearing everyone else instead of just texting them. Are we islamically allowed to do this? Moderators please let me know if you allow this ! I have put a link below to a test video email. Let me know if it's allowed. If not please let me know I will not send another one. I think it's great fun and adds the human touch to communications.

If you want to sign up for this video email service then go to:
[url]

Please make sure you have the 'multimedia-era' in the URL so you sign up under my company. This way I can give you some initial technical support.

Moderators please email me if you remove this email just so I know what happened. Just seeing what the reaction will be. Thinking about it maybe Islamically a lot of people will not want to be seen at all.

Please email me at

Assalamu Alaikum,

What's the difference between this and cyber cams? Don't ppl already abuse that technology? How is this any different?

Personally I wouldn't want to do it, I like my privacy, besides no one can see nothing of me except my eyes, so wouldn't be of any use to me lool.

I'm sure it will be very popular though, have it's good and bad points

Yes, I see there are issues with the sisters using this. Some people do not feel comfortable with it. Maybe useful for sisters to keep in touch with each other. I realize there are other video systems out.

I just really like to know people I talk to. I think text emails are very impersonal and general allows people to be a bit unthoughtful with text.

I think it depends on each individual.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Salaams

"yashmaki" wrote:
Assalamu Alaikum,

Personally I wouldn't want to do it, I like my privacy, besides no one can see nothing of me except my eyes, so wouldn't be of any use to me lool.

I'm sure it will be very popular though, have it's good and bad points

hehe.. Lol

I totally agree wid u sis, it'll b the same 4 me too Biggrin

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Yeah I agree text emails, even texts on mobiles lack that personal touch. There's no love there , it can appear rather cold, and devoid of emotion. All these technologies are great but they've lost that element of "human contact". It's like ppl are afraid to even pick up the phone and talk to each other, or pop down to a mates house these days. They've become so lazy they'd opt for a text message.

So I suppose it can be far more friendlier seeing a face on the other end of an email, rather than just writing.

I wouldn't risk sending sisters a video email either coz how can i be sure they're all really women..no offence sisters loool. Seriously some ppl pose as the opp gender online, you gotta keep your guard up!.

Also even if they are sisters considering i wear the veil. If they opened their email in front of a male memeber of their family I'd be exposed. So I'll remain on the safe side ,boring text!

I'm sure some other members here will wax lyrical about this new technology, watch this space!

P.S mujahidah you wear the face veil too??

but do u think every1 wuld b confident???.... :roll:

I certainly aint a confident person even though pple only c my eyes wen i speak to them i still find in hard Sad

"yashmaki" wrote:

P.S mujahidah you wear the face veil too??

Yes i do! been wearing it for the past 1 n half year Biggrin

I think that's natural for everyone, once the ice breaks you become yourself right?!

Besides you should be more confident in niqab, and if you're not you should put on a front, make out you are. I do that a lot,i t works wonders lol. Ironically this tactic makes you naturally more confident over time. If you're shy or embarrassed no one can see it in your face, you're at an advantage sister lol. The only way they can detect it is in your voice and body language. So make sure you sound confident, even if you're not, keep your head up and make eye contact with your fellow sisters!

That's your first lesson into faking confidence lol.

Masha'Allah on wearing the niqab sis, it can be very hard to take that initial step. You've been wearing it longer than me. I've wore it erm about nearly a year now.

Ok no more niqab talk, diverting from the brothers topic lol

"yashmaki" wrote:
I think that's natural for everyone, once the ice breaks you become yourself right?!

Besides you should be more confident in niqab, and if you're not you should put on a front, make out you are. I do that a lot,i t works wonders lol. Ironically this tactic makes you naturally more confident over time. If you're shy or embarrassed no one can see it in your face, your at an advantage sister lol. The only way they can detect it is in your voice and body language. So make sure you sound confident, even if you're not,and keep your head up and make eye contact with your fellow sisters!

That's your first lesson into faking confidence lol.

Jazak'Allah khair

Ive tried many times, wen i speak to my fellow sisters but i alwayz seem to look on wats behind them or round me... Lol

Yeh...i think we shuld go bk to the topic Lol

next.....

NO VIDEO!! :evil: :?

Masha'Allah@mujahidah and yashmaki Biggrin

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

i dnt like this new idea....so bad idea for me , i prefer sum privacy 2.even though it maybe fun

Thanks sisters for all your replies. Very helpful to see it from your point of view. I totally understand you reservations and my wife only uses these emails with her close friends and family and always keeps Hijab on.

This is used widely in the general communities.

But what happened to our brothers ? Any opinions out there?

I have been on other forums for a long time and never seen or heard anyone. I sent a video email to the forum moderator and he phoned me. We had a good chat and ended up helping each other. That barrier of the unfriendly internet was broken in just on video email.

So brothers join in this thread and give your opinions.

Again thank sisters.

Salaams

"ssyed" wrote:
Thanks sisters for all your replies. Very helpful to see it from your point of view. I totally understand you reservations and my wife only uses these emails with her close friends and family and always keeps Hijab on.

This is used widely in the general communities.

But what happened to our brothers ? Any opinions out there?

I have been on other forums for a long time and never seen or heard anyone. I sent a video email to the forum moderator and he phoned me. We had a good chat and ended up helping each other. That barrier of the unfriendly internet was broken in just on video email.

So brothers join in this thread and give your opinions.

Again thank sisters.

Salaams

eh whats to say sum1 cant abuse or hack into the system whilst you are using it, there goes the privacy factor, i personaly wudnt use it, if i want to see my mates i would just meet them up. Also to use it on a forum is a no-no, how do we know some "girls" are really "girls" it could be some sick guy pretending to be a girl. :shock:

Mm brothers where are you? no time to be shy now, your feedback is required!

"ssyed" wrote:
Salaams,

click here to see video:

Is that you on that video?

"yashmaki" wrote:

Du[size=12]m[/size]b idea.

Ssyed's prob just trying to find a wife. Blum 3

It's OK for emails between friends, but not a forum. :roll:

"irfghan" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

Du[size=12]m[/size]b idea.

Ssyed's prob just trying to find a wife. Blum 3

he's already got a wife :roll: so he says.

"angel" wrote:

he's already got a wife :roll: so he says.

But I bet slots #2, #3, and #4 are still open.

Wink

lol at the guy in the video

salesman no doubt Blum 3

no offence dude, but the idea on the forum sucks - the internet is jus too dodgy nowadays

but the technology aint bad, jus not for the forum

especially considering i sit on my comp 1st thing in mornin, dont wanna scare any1 off Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

especially considering i sit on my comp 1st thing in mornin, dont wanna scare any1 off Lol

lol-that bad eh?

but as long as u comb ur hair, apply fresh make up and put on ur new leon hijaab-I'm sure u wont scare no one off :twisted:

Lol Lol Lol

happens to every1......u run outta foundation and u cant find ur lip gloss etc

and dont diss luminous green Hijabs :evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaams,

Wow ! what a response, I was a bit naive doing that video on the forum. I did not expect such a response but I can see why that response happened. I have removed the video totally and will not be trying that again on a Muslim forum.

But just to clarify my position and a few points:

First i think it is a shame (and I am not blaming anyone for this) that in this time we live in people have no trust anymore. Before Muslims used to hold a good opinion of each other and would always look for the best in people. I suppose because it is now hard to find trustworthy people that has all gone. Saying that my teacher always advises me that as a Muslim we should never doubt peoples intentions as only Allah (swt) knows what is in peoples hearts.

As for me looking for a wife or 2nd,3rd and 4th wife please email my wife will be more than happy to clarify that for you directly. The only problem is how you will contact her. If I put and telephone number or email address here you will probably say it's a false telephone or email address (if you are so suspicious). But if you have some way to contact my wife safely then I am more than willing for you to contact her.

This was my market research and it is very clear that the Muslim forum will not work unless there is a safe way to seperate the forum into male and female. And taking a deeper look into this it is only right to do this.

I really appreciate your comments and help and it has definately helped me identify one market sector that will not use the products (for the forum).

I have also removed my video because I see it will also put myself and reputation at risk and that is also not allowed. As far as I know it is not allowed to destroy your own reputation or others reputations in anyway.

Wow ! what a learning curve. But life is a learning curve !

Thinking deeper about the whole forum issue - is it actually permissible for males and females to talk using text on forums ? what do the scholars say ? I will ask my teacher this question some time and get back to you.

Again thanks everyone for their input, I hope no one was offended in anyway. If I have offended anyone in anyway then please forgive me that was not the intention. I was just promoting my business using the product.

Anyway if any of you have brothers who would be interested in the technology please get them to visit my website at:

Salaams and Happy Ramadan

I do not see the need for video email.

email is simple and to the point. no faffing around.

video (even sound) complicates the thing too much.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"ssyed" wrote:

First i think it is a shame (and I am not blaming anyone for this) that in this time we live in people have no trust anymore. Before Muslims used to hold a good opinion of each other and would always look for the best in people. I suppose because it is now hard to find trustworthy people that has all gone. Saying that my teacher always advises me that as a Muslim we should never doubt peoples intentions as only Allah (swt) knows what is in peoples hearts.

Its just over the internet you gota be vary, so many peadophiles etc that its best not to trust due to safety. (not that i am pointin out your intention aint good, only Allah knows best)

Its just over the internet you gota be vary, so many peadophiles etc that its best not to trust due to safety. (not that i am pointin out your intention aint good, only Allah knows best)[/quote]

i agree..and anyway the shaitaans always there so even if u have the right intention u dont know what gain thru other peoples mind dude! besides yea..as sumone alredy pointed out, it'l complicate things...

For SuccESS ATtiUtUde IZ jUsT Az IMporTAnt as ABiliTY