Recommend me a film

Preferrably a light hearted comedy where the humour is not crass.

And it would be good if everyone died at the end.

Any of the Scary Movies (they all die in it)
Role-Models

Back in BLACK

This should probably be in no topic. Night at the Museum made me laugh.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Seraphim wrote:
Role-Models

Danny and Wheeler were just sentenced to 150 hours mentoring kids. Worst idea ever.

:/

Seen the scary Movies, not what I was looking for. and Dawud's reccomendation I might ponder, even if the outside concept does not appeal.

I liked "Big Nothing".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

you may be wondering what i am doing posting here, well i dont have a telly but i do watch documentaries and some other programmes on i player. I have watched odd movie too, no excuses i know.

I like comedies a lot too, good way to relax, you may think this strange but korean comedies movies if you dont mind english subs, hilarious do a search on ovguide.

night at museum kids movie right where animals come to life? its not funny, ok family movie but never made me laugh out loud....

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

No need to feel self conscious and awkward Smile

Korean movies... name dropping would be good. (though I would not think they would do my type of humour... I am a very unfunny person and the typical comedy I find lame.)

I do remember watching infernal affairs from (Hong Kong), one of which was adapted into "The Departed" in hollywood. Was a good film. Thought provoking and intelligent.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Hajjar wrote:

I like comedies a lot too, good way to relax, you may think this strange but korean comedies movies if you dont mind english subs, hilarious do a search on ovguide.

have you seen Host? korean monster with oddball (yet sweet and endearing) heroes fighting it.

i also saw (non-korean but still worth watching!) Moon the other day. It's pretty decent - explores quite deep issues.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Pursuit of happyness, oceans 11, italian job, blue streak, con air, jet li fist of legend great martial arts movie,,

I think you forgot the "preferrably light hearted comedy (with sofistication)".

Kill Bill was a good film. Not a comedy, but exceedingly good.

Hey this isnt a light hearted movie but itz an awesome scary movie called Saw!!!!!!!

Therez five of them and they'll keep u watching it for a long tym!
And even tho it was scary i found it funni too there are some hilarious parts too! Nearlii all of them get killed in the end or slashed!

The taking of Pelham 123 errrm it has humour and people die in it (but its action)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

wednesday wrote:
Kingdom of heaven?

truly terrible film

edit: OOOH!! Raising Arizona... absolutely wonderful

You don't watch a movie to see an accurate portrayal of history - you see it to see some thrills. And that film lacked in them.

What you got to see of Saladin was his eyes. They would zoom in all bollywood style, trying to show that he saw what was happening.

wednesday wrote:
Salahuddin is a character I'm going to research into! Wink

I went to his grave in Damascus Biggrin !

wednesday wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
wednesday wrote:
Salahuddin is a character I'm going to research into! Wink

I went to his grave in Damascus Biggrin !

What did it look like? All sparkly with gems and rubies?

Nope. Nice and simple Biggrin

There is a (modern, Arab-nationalist) statue of him riding a horse nearby, though Sad

@admin: have you even seen any of these films which people have recommended? Otherwise stop wasting everyone's time!

Well, I have not seen any since I started this topic. I had seen a few before.

Can't just close the topic because its not immediately useful to me - that would be selfish!

the whole nine yards is good. i had a damaged rib and it was extremely painful to laugh but i ended up rolling round the sofa in hysterics. the shrek animation movies can be funny. or go on youtube and search for jeff dunham, he does the puppets talking without moving the lips thing, can't remember what their called, but he is very funny.

Thanks and yes that is a good film. (inshallah the rib has healed?)

Two recommendations for the original request would have been "Shaun of the dead" and "Hot Fuzz". Not as good (IMO) as Big Nothing, but still had some really good moments.

ribs fine now alhamdulilah. it was weird coz my family went on a 'lets tickle aysha attack' i hate being tickeld, so i was fighting them off and my botten rib went CLUNK. it was horrible. got bashed and ended up moving a slight bit apparantly. thus the cause for pain. but the movie was good. caused me agony though

You wrote:
Thanks and yes that is a good film. (inshallah the rib has healed?)

Two recommendations for the original request would have been "Shaun of the dead" and "Hot Fuzz". Not as good (IMO) as Big Nothing, but still had some really good moments.

Shaun of the Dead is one of the best films of all time. IMO.

I am in a 'Saving Private Ryan' mood!

Biggrin

District 9 District 9 District 9!!!

Best film of the year so far... BY far.

It's not only exciting, but surprisingly thought-provoking.

WATCH IT!! IN A CINEMA IF POSS!! NO CRUMMY PIRATE DVDS!!

Ya'qub wrote:
District 9 District 9 District 9!!!

Best film of the year so far... BY far.

It's not only exciting, but surprisingly thought-provoking.

WATCH IT!! IN A CINEMA IF POSS!! NO CRUMMY PIRATE DVDS!!

I watched it!!

It's VERY good! Biggrin

Push 2009

"Put your gun in your mouth, pull the trigger." Smile

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gibuvG4prkQ]

St786 wrote:
Pursuit of happyness, oceans 11, italian job, blue streak, con air, jet li fist of legend great martial arts movie,,

I do not get why people like that annoying guy (Martin_Lawrence) - he has two modes: annoying and ultra annoying.

Dawud wrote:
This should probably be in no topic. Night at the Museum made me laugh.

Watched the majority of this a few days/weeks ago and it was not my cup of tea. (never saw the starting, saw the ending.)

Pages