As Pure as Water

How do you keep your intentions and thoughts pure?

By remembering Allah SWT

Seraphim wrote:

look into the lives of the Sahaba, ( they were told of garantee of paradise in this WORLD- Quote from the Prohet (saw)" my sahaba are like shinning stars which ever one you follow you will reach your destination"

Hayatus sahaba is very good and is affordable nowadays i think about £20 for 3 volumes- good investment.

the sahaba were humans just like us, and are from all sorts of backgrounds as we all know. ....

allah is closer to us than our jugular vein

They were not like us - they got to see and be in the presence of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) - someone who was a clear and unambiguous sign from Allah (swt) who got to work on them, help them be better.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Seraphim wrote:

By constantly questioning yourself. However it is possible to also deceive yourself over your true intentions, so that is not always known.

Best to just go with the flow - as long as you are not intending malice, so what if things are coloured by your judgement? you are human afterall.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Seraphim wrote:

make sincere dua (ya Allah purify my intentions blah blah) and constant rectification.

Seraphim wrote:

I think that you purify your intentions through love, and that you purify your thoughts through spiritual company.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

By constantly questioning yourself.

I like the idea of constantly questioning yourself.

Salam

Seraphim wrote:

You cant.

Its not in your power.

Only God can do that for you.

So, if you have a good relationship with your Creator, then your
thoughts, actions, and beliefs will all be pure.

Therefore, if you are not "in" with God, then you simply try the best you can.

In that case, impure thoughts and suggestions will be put into your mind by
other people, as well by Satan.

Omrow

^ wrong.

you can ask God to help you purify your thoughts but intention comes from the heart, you make it. our choice. for the intention to be pure, the heart needs to be pure. to make the heart pure, we do good deeds and stay away from sin.

Noor wrote:
^ wrong.

you can ask God to help you purify your thoughts but intention comes from the heart, you make it. our choice. for the intention to be pure, the heart needs to be pure. to make the heart pure, we do good deeds and stay away from sin.

And maybe remember to take regular baths!!

lol

Back in BLACK

By remembering that I am always in the presence of Allah.

[img]http//i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/fanafilllah/sig6.jpg[/img]