Ramadhan 1430/2009

63 posts / 0 new
Last post

Noor wrote:
Abu Juhaifah (ra) reported that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said to a man who burped in his presence: "Stop your burping, for the people who eat the most in this life will be the hungriest on the Day of Resurrection." {Al Hakim}

What if you burp but you didn't eat that much?

You just... drank lots of coke or something.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

The hadith is not against burping but against over eating. It is assumed that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) knew the reason for the burp.

Guavas lead to much burping in me.

(but do people burp for overeating?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
The hadith is not against burping but against over eating. It is assumed that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) knew the reason for the burp.

Guavas lead to much burping in me.

(but do people burp for overeating?)

But if you don't overeat and there's lots of food, then you're wasting food

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

you cna always have a second helping a few hours later/the next day?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
you cna always have a second helping a few hours later/the next day?

but then it might go off
and then you've wasted food

fridge/freezer.

These are all cures. the prevention is not to make too much in the first place.

However, in ramadan people always give food etc and from yesterday I think we will have too much as there are only two people who live here and if too many people give it, there can be way too much.

but what if you're locked in a house with lots of food that'll go off in an hour and there's no fridge or freezer or storage space?

then I guess you gotta gorge yourself. or live with rotting food.

You wrote:

but then you've overeaten and that's a sin

maybe it wouldnt be a sin? like wen u have no other food haraam food becomes halaal?

or its a smaller sin?
hmmmmmmm

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

It's sunnah to not waste food, to empty your plate etc - not a sin at all.

its wrong to eat 2 much, and its wrong if u dnt finish your food, so what if you got 2 much on ur plate?

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

M4k4v3l1 wrote:
its wrong to eat 2 much, and its wrong if u dnt finish your food, so what if you got 2 much on ur plate?

you share the food or eat it all.

its advised not to fill your stomach but if you do fill your plate, you must finish the food. i can remember my shaykh saying that you must keep going until you think your stomach will burst if you have another mouthful.

or you could store it away til later...

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
You wrote:

Stop being so childish.

-Don't waste food
-Don't prepare/buy more food that you'll be able to eat
-Don't overeat
-Give any excess food to the poor.
-Don't eat food with a lot of garlic or onions in it because then your breathe will stink when you are praying.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
You wrote:

Stop being so childish.

i'm not, i was just wondering.

afsana92 wrote:
Hey, i was wondering, are there any Hadiths or anything in the Qu'ran, that says the advantages of waking up for sehri/suhur. ?? Smile

not so sure but i make it a habit to have a large sehri and small iftar!!! it helps

allah is closer to us than our jugular vein

afsana92 wrote:
Hey, i was wondering, are there any Hadiths or anything in the Qu'ran, that says the advantages of waking up for sehri/suhur. ?? Smile

Missed this before. (I think I did - either that or forgot it afterwards...)

Google shows a link to which may or may not be of interest/helpful.

You wrote:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixN0qhN39k0]

Smile

Its gone so fast! can't believe theres only 10 days left!! gotta make the most of them inshAllah.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I would throw the food away rather than over eat however, I am strict with myself to only prepare/get what I can eat.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
I would throw the food away rather than over eat however,

For some weird reason, I read that as 'I would rather grow my own food.'

I think there's something wrong with my eyes.

Dawud wrote:
I would throw the food away rather than over eat however, I am strict with myself to only prepare/get what I can eat.

shaykh ramadhan qadri said you should eat it.

s.b.f wrote:
Dawud wrote:
I would throw the food away rather than over eat however,

For some weird reason, I read that as 'I would rather grow my own food.'

I think there's something wrong with my eyes.

Or perception? Much of the "real world" is what we imagine it to be - the brain fills in the details...

Noor wrote:
Dawud wrote:

shaykh ramadhan qadri said you should eat it.

:o

What a convenient name!

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Inshallah everyone will start and finish Ramadhan at the same time.

Smile

You should do that dua more often!

You are now officially designated as the dua person.

You wrote:
You should do that dua more often!

You are now officially designated as the dua person.

LOL, ok i accept the job Smile

i was watching this programme, and the person was like you shouldnt say "ramadhan's gone/coming" cuz its one of Allah(swt) names and Allah(swt), so the name actually means "Allah(swt) month" but Allah(swt) doesnt come/go so its wrong to say that. but, im thinking obviously its also the name of the month and you'd clearly be just talking of the month not Allah(swt):/. yeah i just thought id let you know that so you could not say it.

Pages