US man 'killed child by praying'

A US jury has found a man guilty of killing his sick 11-year-old daughter by praying for her recovery rather than seeking medical care.

The man, Dale Neumann, told a court in the state of Wisconsin he believed God could heal his daughter.

She died of a treatable disease - undiagnosed diabetes - at home in rural Wisconsin in March last year, as people surrounded her and prayed.

Neumann's wife, Leilani Neumann, was convicted earlier this year.

The couple, who were both convicted of second-degree reckless homicide, face up to 25 years in prison when they are sentenced in October.

A lawyer representing Dale Neumann said he would appeal...

Read more @

Well this guy knew the law of the land, if he was willing to break the law with the possibility he could go to prison, he should now be able to take the full force of the law, even if it means imprisonment.

There is such a thing as medicine working only because God permits it to work. If God willed the medicine would not heal a person. Likewise if God willed the person would die naturally without any underlying illnesses being found, why because God is all powerful. I can't say i respect this mans beliefs with regard to medicine, as hard as i am trying to understand it.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Didn't God bless them, by allowing them to live in an age of good medicine?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Salaam

I think its foolish to create the polemic "God or medicine."

God does not prohibit people from using medecine, who are we to say that He does?

And if its then a polemic of "Prayer OR Medicine", who said its "Prayer OR Medecine"? Where is the proof that "Prayer AND Medicine" is unacceptable.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
Salaam

I think its foolish to create the polemic "God or medicine."

God does not prohibit people from using medecine, who are we to say that He does?

And if its then a polemic of "Prayer OR Medicine", who said its "Prayer OR Medecine"? Where is the proof that "Prayer AND Medicine" is unacceptable.

I think it's origin is from a couple of lines from the Bible where people were cured from ailments of some sort by God (I don't mean lepers being cured by Jesus (as)).

Like the Snake-handlers of the Appalachians who base their major form of worship on (part of) a single line.

Don't just do something! Stand there.