mental health

bia polar health condition..

any ideas people?

It was used as part of a storyline in House once...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

as was too in eastenders

allah is closer to us than our jugular vein

bipolar... this is where a person has extreme mood swings is it not? (I may be totally wrong)

If so, is it really a "disease" or just the character/personality of a person?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

if medication is needed to control emotions then...
maybe a natural remedie is better than man made medicine
ie chocolate intake creates endorphins which make you feel good...

I have read that medicine may not really work, as the assumption is that it can fix the chemical imbalance in the brain, but that assumption may not actually be true... so it may be a kind of placebo.

You wrote:
It was used as part of a storyline in House once...

harun wrote:
as was too in eastenders

and neighbours!! Smile

harun wrote:
if medication is needed to control emotions then...
maybe a natural remedie is better than man made medicine
ie chocolate intake creates endorphins which make you feel good...

being addicted to drugs is not good for u neither is being addicted to choc. if u want to naturally feel good, do some exercise, get some fresh air, have fun with mates etc etc

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i feel quite mental at the moment.

interesante

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i did say "ie"

but who in the world is NORMAL these days- fresh air (lol) exercise ! not sure about u guys i was brought up on curries and chapatis, most people were. but society is changing for the better, youngsters have it that little better now than back in the day .... :!:

stephen fry is going to jahanam...

Noor wrote:
i feel quite mental at the moment.

lol ( not)

harun wrote:
i did say "ie"

but who in the world is NORMAL these days- fresh air (lol) exercise ! not sure about u guys i was brought up on curries and chapatis, most people were. but society is changing for the better, youngsters have it that little better now than back in the day .... :!:

{sigh}

firstly i wasnt being difficult, just trying to carry on a discussion.

secondly the correct abbreviation is "e.g" as when u used i.e it was like saying
"maybe a natural remedie is better than man made medicine
that is to say chocolate intake creates endorphins which make you feel good..."

thirdly whats chapatis and curries got to do with it? how does that go against what i said?(which by the way were only a few examples too) what do u mean by that?

harun wrote:

and u know this how?!

every one is a critic nowadays

seems like a really random question, why are you interested coz you have nothing to talk about, or someone you know may be effected by it?

BTW read up about it it's a lot more serious than just "mania" and depression, it's not just to do with mood swings as we know it in our daily lives. PPl with this condition can often be misdiagnosed as having schizophrenia, so it's a very serious illness.

Note: we are all likely to experience some sort of mental health problem at some point in our lives, insha'Allah it will never be the more drastic forms of it. But unfortunately it is a part of life, just as getting a flu, or other illness is. I think there's a huge stigma in society against ppl with mental health problems. Something like depression is not taken seriously, but if someone said i'm taking tablets for it, they're likely to think you're a freak, that's the reality.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

wednesday wrote:
harun wrote:

Says someone who might see him there...

We all have hope that somehow we will avoid the hot place.

As for Steven Fry, while it is an outside chance, you never know. Maybe he will find faith before he finds death? Same for everyone else really.

EDIT - @ Harun - oh yeah, and welcome to the site. Make yourself at home.